Sign in to follow this  
HalloweeNGT

The only thing that can save the mod

First of all, im sorry for my enligsh but I hope everyone can understand this.

Along the days, we can see how DayZ is growing up, I dont play this for so long but I was following the advance of the mod from outside.

Everyday, the mod gains players but also looses them, we can see how cheaters, disconnecters, bug abusers are ruining a real good project. DayZ is now streamed by some streamers that have a decent amount of followers, everyone was able to see how they have been humiliated by cheaters, getting polymorphed into random animals or just killed. LOTS of possible players are watching how fucked up its the mod, not only by the glitches/bugs wich is normal in an Alpha version, but also by the hackers that are supposed to be stopped by an antihack system that cant do anything but kicking players that are not cheating.

Those streamers have decided to cheat too just for fun, you can see them spawning choppers, cars, ghilies and so many items for their friends, they do it cause nothing bad happens! Shit, If i dont do it I will spend hours on farming those items for just finish with a hacker that nukes the whole server.

What I mean, this mod from a side its still being developed with illusion, but from the other side the mod its being totally ruined and players can see it.

What can be a good fix for everyone? Let admins protect their servers giving them the power to allow only certain IDs to log in, being them the ones to pick the players and not the players to pick the servers, in the case GTA SA (a game that its exactly on the same situation than this one in the meaning of cheating) that has worked extremely good, the serious servers have their own webpages where you have to send an apply (like a test) before they let you join the server.

Edited by HalloweeNGT

Losing players? no, it isnt

Cheaters running rampant on every server? no they aren't

Streamers turning to cheats because of all the bugs and cheaters? no, they aren't

Allowing servers to be locked? I prefer rich people didn't have access to their own private loot servers.

What can save the mod? It doesn't need saving so the question is moot.

• Like 12

Streamers turning to cheats because of all the bugs and cheaters? no, they aren't

Allowing servers to be locked? I prefer rich people didn't have access to their own private loot servers.

Looks like you are not playing the same mod than me.

-Loosing players? Yes it is, gaining more than loosing but loosing, maybe you dont have friends playing but I do, and much, and I know how this is evolving.

-Cheaters running rampant on every server? Yes, they are, maybe you play in the northside of the map in a 5 users server.

-Streamers turning to cheats because of all the bugs and cheaters? Yes, they are, check Kungen stream wich usually has more than 1k viewers, for example.

-Allowing servers to be locked? So you care about the loot? the rare loot that hackers add, users dupe, and hoppers farm in 15 minutes? Its not about the loot, its about the gameplay experience.

Sorry but looks like you dont have any idea about what you are talking about.

Edited by HalloweeNGT
  • Like 3

Oh yes it is. Lots of people are fed up with cheaters and bugs (yes i know it´s an alpha... but that´s the reality of it).

You must be blind not to see them. Get to the NW airfield and they will find you nomatter where you hide, walls, doors, nothing stops them from knowing exactly where you are.

The amount of guys with everyting in the game + things not in the game like Apaches isn´t exactly small.

Servers can already be locked and quite a few of them are unfortunately.

That is your opinion, not a fact.

Edited by Sgt.HL

If you have watched the interview with dean (creator of days) then you will know that he is well aware of the problem and he is onto it, don't get let down by the hackers, i for one have not seen any hacker so I count myself as lucky. I know it's annoying but I think dayz is fantastic and is going to be something big, yes it has it's problems but you would expect that and tbh it will all be resolved in time.

Keep your head high.

Prades1994

I play around three times a week on UK and EU servers in the evening, prime time and I've never seen a hacker, hacked weapon or been killed by a hack. I don't think it's as big of a problem as the OP is suggesting.

It's a problem, a problem that arises from this being an alpha mod and a popular one at that. I'm sure that the next priority for the mod team is to curtail hacking as best they can along with obvious exploits like d/c and hopping.

• Like 1

I've played almost 500 hours. Never once have a died to a hack although I've had squad members killed by them.I have seen far too much duping though.

Allowing certain servers to be invite only has some merit if it was used as you describe. Until there is a real solution to hacking this might work. I really don't think you have to be rich to own a server though? Much less play on one.

• Like 1

i dont like this idea but tbh i can only see it working, with the current state of this world we dare to live in there has to be someone always watching, so god damn annoying, and the bad part is, people might not like the idea because its gonna hit them because of someone else, but in this case with cheaters this is a really good idea, letting the admins choose, but then on the other hand, some admins could be hackers themself, and i can say for sure that some admins have a power that they cannot wield, and then abuse it, so maybe an admin for a server should send client information to either battleye or so, to watch them aswell.

This will make both parts on the same team, and not making the admin the one that makes the last call, some admins could even ban ppl for pvp'ing so this is why it should be taken into consideration.

But the mod is not dying really, i discovered it for not a long time ago so.

No, but he's generalising to much.

Cheaters, seen them. Died to them last night.

Dupeing being a huge issue, check.

Streamers are generally not a good source, since they dont give a shit about the game, as long as they have viewers. They should all be banned if they're being guilty of cheating/exploiting.

Its obvious why the "hackers are everyhwere!" mentality is taking off. The game is gaining so many new players that there is a glut of inexperience. With that inexperience comes people dying in town to someone they didn't see, dying to someone who has a gun they have never seen, and just plain ignorance of game mechanics. More and more people also watch a youtube video of some hacker nuking a server and then assume thats the norm. It isn't.

I have played on at least 15 different servers over the past month and the populations have ranged from 10-40 people. I have probably spent upwards of 150 hours this month playing the game if my steam is to be believed and you know how many hackers I have come across? None. Do I think hackers don't exist? Of course not, but I know they aren't on ever single server every single hour of every single day spamming nukes and airplanes like you would think after reading these forums.

As for loot, no loot doesn't matter. But what cannot be allowed to happen is for people to have private servers where they can stock up on their dmr's and nvg's then move them over to their tent city on a public server and have no fear of actually losing anything. Rocket wants us to feel a permanence through death, and permanence doesnt mean being able to run up to your tent city after you die, reload your gear, then head back to your pvp area of choice and keep shooting.

Edited by malphos101
  • Like 1

I wish idiots like the OP would just shut-the-fuck-up....

SERIOUSLY!

Play another game..... go away.... leave this community - you're not wanted!

I agree. But to people that trash other peoples opinions like that, and so on.

What is this "loosing" of which you speak? Is that like the opposite of "tighters" or something?

Edited by SIMJEDI
  • Like 1

.a

Edited by nacrom

I

As for loot, no loot doesn't matter. But what cannot be allowed to happen is for people to have private servers where they can stock up on their dmr's and nvg's then move them over to their tent city on a public server and have no fear of actually losing anything. Rocket wants us to feel a permanence through death, and permanence doesnt mean being able to run up to your tent city and reload your gear then head back to your pvp area of choice and keep shooting.

Good point.

Cheaters on every server? That's pretty biased, but I supposed you used a bit of hyperbole.

Out of my whole DayZ career so far, I have only come across one server with cheaters. I've played in almost every Australian/New Zealand/US based Australia servers and I have only come across one cheater. Yes, I traveled the majority of the map.

I have also played on a lot of Seattle and US servers without coming into contact with cheaters.

Perhaps it's just that Australians don't cheat? [Most likely not, lol].

So basically, this mod isn't ruined for me by cheaters, so I'm perfectly happy. But I have seen it happen to other players, so it somewhat needs to be fixed.

First of all, im sorry for my enligsh but I hope everyone can understand this.

Along the days, we can see how DayZ is growing up, I dont play this for so long but I was following the advance of the mod from outside.

Everyday, the mod gains players but also looses them, we can see how cheaters, disconnecters, bug abusers are ruining a real good project. DayZ is now streamed by some streamers that have a decent amount of followers, everyone was able to see how they have been humiliated by cheaters, getting polymorphed into random animals or just killed. LOTS of possible players are watching how fucked up its the mod, not only by the glitches/bugs wich is normal in an Alpha version, but also by the hackers that are supposed to be stopped by an antihack system that cant do anything but kicking players that are not cheating.

Those streamers have decided to cheat too just for fun, you can see them spawning choppers, cars, ghilies and so many items for their friends, they do it cause nothing bad happens! Shit, If i dont do it I will spend hours on farming those items for just finish with a hacker that nukes the whole server.

What I mean, this mod from a side its still being developed with illusion, but from the other side the mod its being totally ruined and players can see it.

What can be a good fix for everyone? Let admins protect their servers giving them the power to allow only certain IDs to log in, being them the ones to pick the players and not the players to pick the servers, in the case GTA SA (a game that its exactly on the same situation than this one in the meaning of cheating) that has worked extremely good, the serious servers have their own webpages where you have to send an apply (like a test) before they let you join the server.

GTFO. Excluding players is NOT the answer.

• Like 1

I thought it was me that could save this mod.

Carry on..

I have played this game for 4 weeks now. I have came acrossed 3 or 4 hackers. I play about 5 hours a day every day of the week. Hackers are NOT that common, and they are implenting methods to slow/stop them as in the previous patch or hotfix dont recall wich it is exactly. And for gaining or losing players? Its losing and gaining but its gaining more than losing up in the top of the six launcher you can see how many players. And from the first time ive played its grown by about 2k. I guess my point here is, stop your bitching. If you dont want "cheaters" then stop playing video games, console is not even safe from cheaters... so long as "mods" are alive hackers will be right there. Try playing any type of FPS game, 10x worse than this. This is a relief from hackers for me actually.

I have been playing DayZ for the past 4 Weeks constantly with around 4hours each day. Yet, I have never encountered any cheater in the game.

Perhaps it's just that Australians don't cheat? [Most likely not, lol].

I've come across two instances so far on AU servers, one with the 'everyone drops out of the sky and dies' & 'all players suddenly dropped in the ocean'. But I guess this is more a hack than a dirty cheat who spawns gear to save them the journey.

But then as much as they maybe robbing the time it takes to get the gear, they are equally robbing themselves of the journey and the OMG stories that take place just trying to find stuff on the map. You know... the real players.

• Like 1

I have only encountered a hacker once. It was on a US Seattle server and someone nuked the server... Really annoyed me but it was only once and I was new to the game, so I had little in terms of gear and weapons.

Unfortunately any game where the risk and reward don't entirely jive, where the game doesn't have instant gratification and where the cost of loss is so high, there will be cheaters. If for nothing else, the cheaters will simply do it to grief those who enjoy the game for what it is.

I love that so many people seem to live in a world where 'so many people are leaving' translates into almost 700,000 unique players, and 150,000 players in the last 24 hours - both of which are increasing steadily.

edit: My mistake, already 701,000 unique players.

Edited by Wrath

Guys, TBH, a hacker isn't going to bother with you and your Alice Pack, AKM, and GPS...

I had a friend (out of state) who was scripting with some buddies. They can see who is on the map, what's on the map, spawn in items, and script the camo to make you invisible. Hackers exist, to say they don't, or to say you don't see them, therefor they aren't a problem, is ignorant. Get something worth getting hacked for and you'll find them.

Pro Tip, you see 6+ people die in the same line on your server, log out.