Sign in to follow this  
xp51mustangx

Will DAYZ become a priced game? or will it remain free for ARMA

I understand it will eventually become a standalone, but i was wondering if we are going to have to pay for it across the board, for the standalone AND the ARMA mod. or will it just be the standalone?

Would be annoying having payed for ArmaII for this Mod, as a loootttt of people have only to have to pay more once the Mod becomes Standalone.

Though i geuss the creator has to get money for his work :P just another in a long list of Mods that become a big thing.

Edited by SLN445

Would be annoying having payed for ArmaII for this Mod, as a loootttt of people have only to have to pay more once the Mod becomes Standalone.

Though i geuss the creator has to get money for his work :P just another in a long list of Mods that become a big thing.

Exactly. Either way, players now have the ArmA games to play, if it becomes a standalone, well, we're just going to officially have to pay for the game, =p

We'll very likely have to pay for the standalone game. I'm starting to think this game will end up being a subscription based game. Just my guess.

well i know a successful mod for battlefield 2 called project reality

this mod is on for 5 years and i know MANY people including my self buying bf2 just for this mod, this mod even has more players then bf2 it self

still not a single dine for the mod it self, so i guess the same for dayz.

I'd happily pay full game price just for the mod - I've had more hours out of DayZ than any other video game in my entire life.

• Like 1

I'd gladly pay £50 ($80) for a standalone DayZ if it was (mostly) bug free and running on the ArmA 3 engine.

A discount for members registered here during the alpha time that helped troubleshoot :)

would be best if it was free. there have already been many who given there hard earn money to the dev. in other words it should be free for arma 2 however they should charge say 15 dollars for the arma 3 one should they be working on it, they should include a single player version as will. and no you can't use the stuff you get from the single player in multi lol .

... they should include a single player version as will. and no you can't use the stuff you get from the single player in multi lol .

Unless there was objectives to the single player option you mention, i fail to see how dayz would benefit from it? Open world with just you and dumb zombies seems kind of pointless to me

Edited by Aquillium

It's going to have a cost. Maybe $19.99 or even $29.99 once it becomes a polished & boxed stand-alone. Rocket doesn't work for free, even if he likes to say he is right now. Everyone has to eat. I would imagine that people who bought the game in alpha will be treated like people who pre-order and receive a decent discount on the final product though. That's fair. I mean, in a way, we are working for Rocket since we're helping him develop the game by testing it, finding bugs, and offering suggestions which may end up in the final product.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

Well i hope its going to be a priced standalone game using ARMA 3 engine.

I'd gladly pay £50 ($80) for a standalone DayZ if it was (mostly) bug free and running on the ArmA 3 engine.

Also this.I would pay for the Dayz with arma 3 engine.2? Dont think so.Even if its bug free.

i'd honestly prefer, the people who have purchased Arma II before it was announced a stand alone game, would get it for free, and set up a donation tab.. I'd love to donate, just i'm not sure how much at this time, i'm kind of in a money rut atm..

Yet another will I have to pay for DayZ when it's a stand alone game.

By the time DayZ becomes a stand alone game it will be a completely different game that would have lots more content, so you wouldn't be paying for the same game twice. You'd be paying for a completely different game from what you bought Arma II for.

I bought Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII-2.... Now that's a waste of money!

I'll gladly pay for it as long as it's reasonable. (Considering it will have a shit ton more content than it does now when it's finished)

Edited by Slazors92

He said he is going along the line of the minecraft model......

So I predict £5-10 for beta and £20+ for end product !!! Just a guess! ;)

He said he is going along the line of the minecraft model......

So I predict £5-10 for beta and £20+ for end product !!! Just a guess! ;)

If it goes along with the minecraft model that means we'll be able to buy the full game when its still in Alpha mode for a reduced price, without additional charges when it is complete. If this is the case, then I'm okay with this.

Yet another will I have to pay for DayZ when it's a stand alone game.

By the time DayZ becomes a stand alone game it will be a completely different game that would have lots more content, so you wouldn't be paying for the same game twice. You'd be paying for a completely different game from what you bought Arma II for.

I bought Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII-2.... Now that's a waste of money!

Okay, i see, Well, are you going to keep the arma II one then? I'd still like to play it when i don't have the money for the stand alone? :)

Okay, i see, Well, are you going to keep the arma II one then? I'd still like to play it when i don't have the money for the stand alone? :)

Should be $5 USD when it's alpha.. Then go 15 in beta, then 20-30 finished.. o.o, this mod creator, is now an amazing game developer, good job m8!