Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Bring back bandit skins/indentifiers

Okay, when I first started playing, bandits had skins. Two days later, the game was updated. No more skins.

For those first two days, I trusted people. Now? I do not. I shoot first because I do not LIKE starting over. And before you start screaming 'QQ more!' or whatever the fuck it is you forum trolls have taken to saying nowadays, know this. I have been killed by other players less than five times. I have never been sniped. I have never been spawn killed while I was defenceless without a weapon.

I suggest bringing back bandit skins in a scaled way.

Commit some murders; get a bandit skin. Commit more murders; get the second bandit skin. Commit even more murders, and suddenly you're wearing a bloodstained outfit with a necklace of ears around your neck. SOMETHING to differentiate a high-end bandit from other players.

Have this effect 'bleed out' over time. That is to say, a long, long period of time playing without murders, and you lose 'bandit points' until your skin reverts to normal.

This will mitigate the problems encountered with the old bandit skin. You can't just 'accidentally' kill 20 people in a period of three hours. You won't 'just all of a sudden' become a bandit because you decided to protect yourself.

As it stands right now, DayZ simply gives bandits too many advantages. The current anti-bandit measures are a deterrent to 'false survivors'. Bandits masquerading as survivors. Because they have to be close enough for the heartbeat thing to kick in, and have to be AIMING at them.

Gunfights in DayZ last all of four seconds. And if you're aiming your weapon at a bandit, you've either snuck up on him (ha!), or ran into him by accident. In which case BOTH of you will likely fire first and ask questions later.

Oh, and let me just point out that most banditry takes place in a ghillie suit with a sniper rifle hiding near Cherno. Heartbeats, yay.

• Like 4

Yes to this on one condition;

People with a high play time and low amount of murders have an angelic glow about them; perhaps the clouds part above them and God himself shoots a ray of light (visible to everyone of course) out of his arse to bathe the guy in all His holy glory for being such a stand up member of post-apocalyptic Chernarus.

Edited by KnT47r

Yes to this on one condition;

People with a high play time and low amount of murders have an angelic glow about them; perhaps the clouds part above them and God himself shoots a ray of light (visible to everyone of course) out of his arse to bathe the guy in all His holy glory for being such a stand up member of post-apocalyptic Chernarus.

Not sure if sarcasm.. or serious..

No, it gives people an incentive to "farm" for the skin they want and divides the population. It also does the exact opposite of what rocket intended the experiment to do, get people to interact.

I rarely get killed. I'm always out driving loud ass vehicles around. I must drive 40km in this game a day and walk another 15km. Yet I almost never die. When I do it's almost always to bugs. People have no reason to complain. If someone wants to complain about bandits they need to go play Pokemon or something.

I rarely get killed. I'm always out driving loud ass vehicles around. I must drive 40km in this game a day and walk another 15km. Yet I almost never die. When I do it's almost always to bugs. People have no reason to complain. If someone wants to complain about bandits they need to go play Pokemon or something.

You have not said anything useful with this post, and I don't think you're going to if you post again, so please, stay away from this thread.

As much as the bandit skins are not the solutions, they have obviously made the game work better in many ways.

As annoying as the "bring back bandit skins" threads may be, they are legit complaints.

I agree with the second post though. :D

Maybe bandits can have blood on their shirt or something? ;D Letting people know they have spilt the blood of another player? :P

Maybe bandits can have blood on their shirt or something? ;D Letting people know they have spilt the blood of another player? :P

The game mechanics to show blood on a skin are already in place from damage taken in arma2 and dayz.

All that would need to be done is make the damage skin start showing for every 1 murder when you reach a high murder count your skin then becomes a bandit skin to "SIMULATE" knowledge of you being a known murderer.

Add to this that if your in a group of none bandits for extended periods of time your skin gets reverted to a lower level of damage(blood) along with blood transfusions etcetc.

Extended periods of none killing should slowly remove the lvl of bandit skin.

This would alow players to kill people in self defense but would make the kill on sight players recognisable.

Which would reintroduce the coop side of the game which was lost when the skins where removed.

Edited by BL1P
  • Like 1

personally i think they should add the skin as a normal survivor skin like the ghillie suit and camo suit cause the bandit skin really kicked ass in comparison to the regular survivor skin