MrGreek

Why I've Stopped Playing DayZ

I will probably come back when DayZ is finished. It's a great game, and many of you made valid points. The reason it's in suggestions is because these are some of the things that I would like to see fixed or fine-tuned.

My responses to your points;

1. Graphics. Yes, the FPS can be a little low, it depends on what you are running too though. I have a GTX560Ti, run everything on hight settings and I see no problems with how the game runs for me. Maybe you need to take a,look at your hardware? (friendly suggestion, not a mocking of your system)

2. The reason the zombies move like that is because they haven't got the proper animations for them yet. Rocket stated in his Rezzed Q&A that he just "moved the 'speedd' slider up" for the characters. This means that the subtle animation frames needed to make the zombies move quickly but smoothly just are not there at the moment. It'll get better, they are doing motion-capture stuff to build the zombie movements.

3. Well, I think that's a bit too generlised. The reason so many responses to posts from newbies are negative is because the n00b comes on, raging about how they "spent £X or $X on a game that sucks" with not clear idea of what they are actually talking about, and not research to inform themselves about the mod or it's stage of development. People are sick of seeing hatelful posts from n00bs who only sign up purely to post one comment raging about the mod, and as such those people deserve to get the bile spewed at them from the community who too kthe time to understand and appreciate what a gem we have our hands on here, and are grateful to be a part of the Alpha Testing Squad for this thing :)

You Sir Deserve My Beans For That Amazing Comment, Made My Day :)

So do we care>?

Given the way all of you have acted thus far, no, no I don't. I also really couldn't care less about whether you care.

• Like 1

1- This is a rant not a suggestion

2- I think the quirky movements are more scary than if zombies had smooth movements, adds to the "rigor mortis" effect I'd say.

3- ALPHA <--- big one here, sit back and take this one in for a bit.

4- Everyone learns the hard way. I like that the game is unforgiving + harsh. When I was a new player I had to learn, same with everyone (I assume). And the fanbase is growing. So the DayZ crew must be doing something right, right?

5- Take a look at #3 again.

Clearly shows you're not cut out to be an alpha tester. This alpha mod has only been released less 4 months and you're already being overly critical. I think the time for you to play will be when it goes into Beta or is released as a standalone.

He actually reviewed the whole alpha in there, he did his job

1. Yea methinks the gaming industry is a very exploitative trade, which overworks understaffed developers. I hear that even rocket is in debates with Bohemia about whether DayZ will even be built on their engine (an example of profiteering whores trying to control the game)

2. I am neither a graphically aesthetic whore, and tbh the clunky movement dont bother me so much knowing its at this stage of development.

What ruins the immersion for me, is when a zed comes running at you screaming and growling, and you shoot it for a "urgh" sound to come out. Thats a real anti climax.

3. I completely agree, the rocket vanguard can be far more annoying then even trolls. I dont mind the idea of a more experienced poster, telling new members "this has been suggested before but i like/dislike your idea for...", you know actually nursing new peeps into how it works, rather then ripping them to shreds for not being as passionate as them. Tbh if theyre giving an idea amongst the persecuting commentary I'll respond to that, if they're being unnecessarily aggressive or patronising because you ruined their browsing time, just tell them to return to the warmth and comfort of rockets arsehole. Which is another good point, my greatest fear is that all this rocket brown nosing from the rocket vanguard will inflate the poor mans ego to the point he is no longer bareable to the average human being.

Please Rocket Vanguard, no one wants to see him do a Jason Russell

• Like 1

this isnt the diablo 3 forum... geez

I stopped playing D3 for this game:)

That was kind of the idea really.

Clearly shows you're not cut out to be an alpha tester.

Or cut out to be a survivor if this shit was actually happening. Zombie apocalypse I mean. :)

While # 1 or 2 (to me) isnt reason enough to quit, it is a gripe / comment put forth from an alpha tester to the dev's. Obviously the FPS and animations need to be cleaned up.

Point# 3 is the key point. It is the community as a whole, and I've only played for a few weeks now, but in those few weeks I've seen the popularity of the game go from 400k spiking upwards of about 700k now... and the community is getting worse and worse. The CoD kiddies are coming out in droves, which is expected, and the whole "shoot first ask questions... NEVER!" mindset is (in my opinion..) not what the game is about. I don't think the dev's thought "lets make a realistic shooter and toss in zombies! YEAH!"

They obviously wanted player interaction , otherwise there wouldnt be the direct voice chat option at all.

Just my thoughts anyway. I'm not about to quit, not really close to it yet. I'm still enjoying the game but when you do run accross the tools who just axe you in the back right after you walk into the first town , and loot literally nothing but your bandaids/painkillers, its a bit tiresome.

Point# 3 is the key point. It is the community as a whole, and I've only played for a few weeks now, but in those few weeks I've seen the popularity of the game go from 400k spiking upwards of about 700k now... and the community is getting worse and worse. The CoD kiddies are coming out in droves, which is expected, and the whole "shoot first ask questions... NEVER!" mindset is (in my opinion..) not what the game is about. I don't think the dev's thought "lets make a realistic shooter and toss in zombies! YEAH!"

They obviously wanted player interaction , otherwise there wouldnt be the direct voice chat option at all.

Just my thoughts anyway. I'm not about to quit, not really close to it yet. I'm still enjoying the game but when you do run accross the tools who just axe you in the back right after you walk into the first town , and loot literally nothing but your bandaids/painkillers, its a bit tiresome.

2 Words: Private Server.

Those are not allowed by the rules for server owners.

2 Words: Not allowed.

Thanks. I didn't knew that. So we have to face all the CoD-Kiddies with no Chance of playing on a PvE private Server.

That sucks, really. But if this are the Rules, it are the Rules

Meh, why help new players? So they can shoot me in my back and take mah beans? No, thanks, rookies have to learn the hard way

HYFR!

Thanks, you've just proved my point, being too critical too soon. Why would you need to review a game in development? That's like a food critic going into a restaurant that doesn't even have the ovens fitted with no staff and making a review of their food saying it's tasteless and the service is awful. It's utterly pointless and is not needed in that stage of production.

As I said, come back when the mod is completed when your reviews will be valid and needed.

I agree with some things here. I dont have the money to buy the worlds best computer but at least make a game that i can have fun and actually run on my computer.. Ive been waiting to long for a game like this to play but the stupidest thing is my computer lags everytime i play. I dont care bout graphics i turn everything down so i can at least enjoy playing it. I cant even get into a gun battle with another player because i always lag and end up dying. Wish this would move to console or somthing.

If they cant reduce this lagging for me i guess ill have to stop playing this even though i love this game. Hopefully the full game fixes all.

Dude, i've been playing alone since i've started ( like 3-4 weeks ) and i didnt feel like being scared or stuff by the community. I've been killed by zombies or people like 6 times before i started understanding the game, and now i play pretty nicely, and i'll soon be playing with friends that will buy the game. Honestly, veterans teaching noobs? If some dude can't just type " DayZ gameplay " or " DayZ noobs guide " on Youtube, they really should not play this game.

All the critics of the game itself and its crappy animations are answered by : it's an ALPHA release, so be patient.

Dude, i've been playing alone since i've started ( like 3-4 weeks ) and i didnt feel like being scared or stuff by the community. I've been killed by zombies or people like 6 times before i started understanding the game, and now i play pretty nicely, and i'll soon be playing with friends that will buy the game. Honestly, veterans teaching noobs? If some dude can't just type " DayZ gameplay " or " DayZ noobs guide " on Youtube, they really should not play this game.

All the critics of the game itself and its crappy animations are answered by : it's an ALPHA release, so be patient.

Everything I've learned from equipping a hatchet as a weapon to using my flashlight is from youtube videos lol

i'm not agreeing point 1 and 2, because it's only an alpha.

But i can agree point three, dayz it's a deathmacth in a very big map, that makes you bored because takes a long time to find someone to kill.

Just what of his post has to do with the mod being in alpha? (Besides #2.)

Reason number one is ARMA 2's fault. My (old) computer can run Crysis on High, but ARMA 2 lags to hell. All the DayZ devs have done is add animations and some textures. It doesn't make a difference.

And reason number three has nothing to do with the game being in alpha. People can just as easily do it in full release, assuming that the cruel nature of the game is here to stay. (Which I HOPE.)

You. Stop being a dick.

first off, dayZ team didnt only do stuff like making new models and animations, they programmed a master server reacting on players profiles, saving them etc., they rogrammed the zombie AI (which is still bugged, but what the hell do you know about programming?)

and what the post things have to do with alpha? the OP cries about balancing issues, zombie behavior, fps issues and clunky movements, which are all things mostly adressed in a BETA, and you guys are just forgetting this is a non-profit mod ALPHA and the devs dont owe you anything, you guys bought arma2oa, not dayZ the game

so get over it or leave the game, i couldnt care less if one of the over 700.000 players leave

I run DayZ with a constant 60+ FPS on my THREE YEAR OLD computer. So, if you get 25 FPS, it must really be a crappy PC.