DayZPvP.com

What does everyone do in DayZ's "end game"?

First of all; THERE IS NO ENDGAME.

This is a sandbox game, you do what you do when you start. You try to find more gear, and if you are completly geared, which you are not, you find more gear for your friends. You make a camp, and raid hospitals with a truck with 12 of your friends while having awesome firefights. Then someone find your camp, so you more it somewhere else, and you try to find vehicules since yours have been stolen, doing that you die to another player, and the cycle start over.

This is not world of warcraft, this is more like team fortress. You keep playing, simple as that.

But even in a sandbox there need to be stuff to do once you're more powerful. Preferably stuff that doesn't involve groups of friends. (We can't all be so lucky to have friends that actually use a PC for gaming)

PvP. There is nothing else to do once you no longer need loot.

First of all; THERE IS NO ENDGAME.

This is a sandbox game, you do what you do when you start. You try to find more gear, and if you are completly geared, which you are not, you find more gear for your friends. You make a camp, and raid hospitals with a truck with 12 of your friends while having awesome firefights. Then someone find your camp, so you more it somewhere else, and you try to find vehicules since yours have been stolen, doing that you die to another player, and the cycle start over.

This is not world of warcraft, this is more like team fortress. You keep playing, simple as that.

First, every game with development of your character has an endgame (minus story telling singleplayer games).

Second, you don't start over, you have a camp with 20 weapons in it. And a secondary one with another 20 on another server.

Edited by SillySil

Hunting well equipped players, scaring people over direct chat, looking for crashed choppers, running away from well equipped players, searching for a ghillie suit.

Check the topic in my sig for my new endgame goals ;) Dealing with dupers and hoarders and trying to combat PvP-only gameplay in DayZ...slightly ambitious but well worth the effort. The comments you get when you drop off a fully repaired vehicle to a noob who hasn't driven one almost brings tears to the eyes :')

- Press Escape

- Respawn

- Start fresh with new goals

I usually run after well fitted players, to get good gear fast.

Then when I get boored again, I apply the first 3 steps.

Have some beans for understanding that a fresh spawn can be fun.

Also, I will give you another tip, and that stand for everybody playing the game.

DONT ABUSE THE GAME'S FLAWS.

It will help a lot with replayablity. Instead of server hopping to find gear so after one morning you are fully equiped and bored to death, you actually raid NWAF on a full server like a man, and then if you get out with some gear, not only will you be proud of yourself, but you will want more of that action.

Dont abort when you are getting shot at, if you die, your mistake, learn from it, take it like a man, it will make the game longer for you as you have to restart.

Do not ghost your way around player, if you can't flank like a man, you dont deserve the kill.

and most importantly, find a group of friends to play with... I created a steam group and got 50 people to join in less than 2 days, after ironing out players that weren't fitting in, we got a very nice core of 20 players that play a lot, talk, share experience and gear together. I didn't even had any experience at group making, I have been an officer in other game, but that was it.

I agree with everything you said in both posts. I see/hear people exploiting things all the time. I often get criticized for not doing the same. I basically tell them I would rather learn how to play the game than rely on glitches that will be patched out later.

It seems that I do the opposite of most of you guys. Instead of killing people for my own amusement, I experiment them. I set up a camp full of loot in a secluded place near the city, With me watching from a distance in a tower, I give people permission to loot it, as long as they take the weapon I tell them to. If they get greedy, and take a better gun, I shoot them. If they follow my instructions, they live.

I think I may start doing some data on this. It's interesting.

Write something up and I will post it on my blog. Or we can work together and I can write it (always crediting you), you can gather the data and/or analyze.

Edited by DayZPvP.com

For me, endgame has two different phases; loot acquisition and PvP. If you don't like to PvP, you can attempt to hoard valuable items and vehicles. Alternatively you can try to do nice things for people, it's just a lot more difficult than it is to kill them.

Dying, that's the only endgame on DayZ.

You must play Dwarf Fortress...

• Like 1

Atm, my "game" is:

- Do not pick up food / drinks

- By only using the Lee Enfield, kill players to survive (eat and drink what thay had on them)

- Rinse and repeat

It's actually fun to have that "stress" of not finding a player to feed on, or finding one that did not have food / drinks.

And is alwso fun cause there is no way to camp ... you are constantly on the move from town to town ^^

The game is what you decide to make it ... if you want it to be an "Abusment park", it will be ... You want fun ? Make that fun happen.

Challenge yourself.

Edited by P5ykoOHD
  • Like 1

If you are a bandit, basically pretend you are playing COD and kill EVERYTHING. Or if you are a survivor like me, perhaps you can be one who helps the poor and kills the bandits in major cities.

I lost my will to live when I forgot to pick up a box of matches.

after having done everything, usually i just spawn near cherno, gear up in it, then hunt players througout the city with a lee enfield until im put down. I've found that raiding the NWAF has been mostly uneventful as most people now raiding it are server hoppers so unless you're in the building you wont see people running around the airfields.

Much easier to get into firefights where people dont DC in Cherno for some reason.

Atm, my "game" is:

- Do not pick up food / drinks

- By only using the Lee Enfield, kill players to survive (eat and drink what thay had on them)

- Rinse and repeat

This sounds fun.

• Like 1

This sounds fun.

It is, but better not be scared of dying ... cause, even tho I get around 30 kills per life, I still die alot.

And sometimes it's really tempting to not continue, came across a couple players who were fully looted, AS50 and all that nice shiny shit. ^^

But playing like that doesn't mean you need to be a jerk, if you can, do not kill unarmed / prroly armed players (unless you are really red / flashing).

Like Fine Wine, the older the better ^^

I may be misunderstanding things here, I thought endgame meant, the final stages of the game...but there is no end to this mod. So surely it would just be extra content.... in any case, it does need more things to do. The fortresses idea was pretty cool while keeping to the theme of the mod.

I may be misunderstanding things here, I thought endgame meant, the final stages of the game...but there is no end to this mod. So surely it would just be extra content.... in any case, it does need more things to do. The fortresses idea was pretty cool while keeping to the theme of the mod.

Correct, by end game I mean: you have Coyote/NVG/GPS/range finder. Vehicles: hoarded, stocked. You have a bunch of guys either chatting on TS, or just "at camp" not doing anything.

I'm starting to love killing elektro hill snipers, they all go up there with their shiny AS50s and coyote backpacks. From my hidey-hole I can see the whole damn hill and they always run around like chickens with their heads chopped off after I pop one or two. Most DC, but the occasional ones I kill are all too sweet, especially after they've racked up a few noob kills and lulled themselves into a sense of security.

I'm starting to love killing elektro hill snipers, they all go up there with their shiny AS50s and coyote backpacks. From my hidey-hole I can see the whole damn hill and they always run around like chickens with their heads chopped off after I pop one or two. Most DC, but the occasional ones I kill are all too sweet, especially after they've racked up a few noob kills and lulled themselves into a sense of security.

thecrackmuffin - bandit hunter extraordinaire.

They are getting very comfortable up there aren't they?

I believe I heard something about generating in-game bases and building them and such, so raiding those could be a VERY interesting feature.

Once me and my buds are pretty gear'd out, sometimes we like to run across the coast and small towns to find new players and provide them with some helpful service. (An underlooked idea)

Sometimes we say "Alright, so this run was good and fun. I'm ready to start over" So we'll go to cherno or devils castle all tactile, and try our best to rack up a lot of bandit kills .

I see it like this, this game end-game wise is a lot like World of warcraft (Hear me out), You have a long and fun journey getting geared up. But once you got the best gear you want and can get...there is pretty much nothing to do but run around.

SO. I think it'd be fun to add some sort of craftsmanship into the game. Here's kina what the model would look like,

Added craftsmenship;

-Woodcrafter, using a hunting knife, wood and some added in-game items, you can make wooden structures to benefit yourself/team.

-Cook, using food ingredients and such to create HIGHER QUALITY food, to help survive. (Also add more in-game items for this)

-Mechanic skills, raise your skill in fixing cars/getting rid of wire fencing/hedgehogs so that in some way doing those things is made easy.

-Nurse/Medical worker, faster transfusions/bandaging, maybe transfusions give 300 extra blood?

If these things existed, groups/clans of friends would be able to each try to split amongst themselves the professions to maximize their playing experience, and it also gives them another goal to work into, making their play time increase by some bit.

I think it would be very interesting to see in-game, and I know some of my friends would enjoy a new goal and concept also. nonetheless, sorry for long post :D

-

Welcome to the world of The War Z.

Check it out.

I get great gear. Cook sum meat, grab some cans of soda. And log off for days at a time. I think the longest toon I had alive was 24 days. He only died with the last patch lol when everyone was respawning with no gear and back on the beach. There not much of an end game yet. Get gear is pretty much it. I get it, log off and wait for the next patch and content.

Endgame of dayz i.e. final stage is having your camp loaded with military weapons and just hunting people. Like raiding stary or electro.

i do that too but only with my own as50 at elektros docks cranes, on a non foggy day / night w/NVG you can see all the way up that hill.i found a tent one day through my scope in the woods.

Survive and hunt bandits. Help those I can from a distance. I've dropped supplies for people backed away, I just don't trust those I help.