DayZPvP.com

What does everyone do in DayZ's "end game"?

After my first couple of months I have done much of what there is to do in the game. The only thing I haven't personally had is a rangefinder and radio. Has anyone found a radio recently? I haven't seen them drop. Also, I have not found all of the rare guns myself, or flown a helo in-game. Those things are not really on my "to-do" list.

I have found that the more gear I have the safer I play. Now I have two accounts so I am having a lot of fun patrolling the coast again. Funny thing is my main died in the north and is now my "coast guy" and my brand new account lifted a nice Coyote/GPS/NVG/FN combo off a guy near the Cherno apartments (don't bring good gear to the coast). So "get another account" is not an answer for me.

Besides raiding with your group or derping around in Elektro what do you guys do? Do people roleplay? Do any very experienced players actually explore anymore? Maybe I could invent a goal of going in every major building in the map or something. What do you do once you have a full kit? Do you hoard all the vehicles or do you joy ride them around.

Hello there

This is an issue with the game. As there are no mechanics for trading/building etc once one is kitted out then "stuff to do" can get a bit lean.

Imagination is a great help, but it would be nice to have something to do in the world once one has the kit one needs.

Rgds

LoK

I mostly just explore and have fun with friends. Rocket also has plans to add some more endgame stuff and more stuff like that.

Derp with friends and go kill anyone we see in major cities lol

This is exactly what I have been doing for a week. God help the new players these days. No rifle, you might live but swing that thing my way and usually over watch has them dead before I can even shoot.

I mostly just explore and have fun with friends. Rocket also has plans to add some more endgame stuff and more stuff like that.

I know he has said that. I think maybe more skins/rarity/objects would only keep me happy for a little longer. I am no completionist. I have my certain load out I need then after that I stagnate.

quest for mountain dew? lol I have one, but... I will not rest until my backpack is full of mountain dews! MWAHAHA

• Like 2

After my first couple of months I have done much of what there is to do in the game. The only thing I haven't personally had is a rangefinder and radio. Has anyone found a radio recently? I haven't seen them drop. Also, I have not found all of the rare guns myself, or flown a helo in-game. Those things are not really on my "to-do" list.

I have found that the more gear I have the safer I play. Now I have two accounts so I am having a lot of fun patrolling the coast again. Funny thing is my main died in the north and is now my "coast guy" and my brand new account lifted a nice Coyote/GPS/NVG/FN combo off a guy near the Cherno apartments (don't bring good gear to the coast). So "get another account" is not an answer for me.

Besides raiding with your group or derping around in Elektro what do you guys do? Do people roleplay? Do any very experienced players actually explore anymore? Maybe I could invent a goal of going in every major building in the map or something. What do you do once you have a full kit? Do you hoard all the vehicles or do you joy ride them around.

Currently on my second account I go to popular places and play creepy sounds on Direct Communication [like a demonic "I see you..."], thus scaring the living shit out of people. It's blood hilarious.

Other than that, once I return high-value gear to camp, I go around bandit killing; I stalk them, perhaps play some creepy sounds and then I kill them.

• Like 1

Finding the speedboat and make a nice camp on one of the bigger islands. Drop your gear there in a tent. Take a pistol and swim to shore and start over or recruit newbs into your own militia and take over a minor city or maybe green mountain. Play only at night. Hoard car parts and dump them close to carspawns. Roleplay. run on a zombiekillingspree, be a hero of cherno like toegoff.

We do the hokey pokey and turn ourselves around.. thats wha..pow! *corpse falls to the ground* Sigh..hit respawn. :D

endgame implies an ultimate goal, but survival is until death. I see no "endgame" as such yet, in spite of having several times been quite well equipped.

Traveling light and not keeping a permanent camp keeps you constantly looking for SOMETHING, and anytime you're heading to get medical supplies or food and drink, you're exposing yourself to trouble. Keeps me from getting bored at least.

• Like 1

I believe I heard something about generating in-game bases and building them and such, so raiding those could be a VERY interesting feature.

Once me and my buds are pretty gear'd out, sometimes we like to run across the coast and small towns to find new players and provide them with some helpful service. (An underlooked idea)

Sometimes we say "Alright, so this run was good and fun. I'm ready to start over" So we'll go to cherno or devils castle all tactile, and try our best to rack up a lot of bandit kills .

I see it like this, this game end-game wise is a lot like World of warcraft (Hear me out), You have a long and fun journey getting geared up. But once you got the best gear you want and can get...there is pretty much nothing to do but run around.

SO. I think it'd be fun to add some sort of craftsmanship into the game. Here's kina what the model would look like,

Added craftsmenship;

-Woodcrafter, using a hunting knife, wood and some added in-game items, you can make wooden structures to benefit yourself/team.

-Cook, using food ingredients and such to create HIGHER QUALITY food, to help survive. (Also add more in-game items for this)

-Mechanic skills, raise your skill in fixing cars/getting rid of wire fencing/hedgehogs so that in some way doing those things is made easy.

-Nurse/Medical worker, faster transfusions/bandaging, maybe transfusions give 300 extra blood?

If these things existed, groups/clans of friends would be able to each try to split amongst themselves the professions to maximize their playing experience, and it also gives them another goal to work into, making their play time increase by some bit.

I think it would be very interesting to see in-game, and I know some of my friends would enjoy a new goal and concept also. nonetheless, sorry for long post :D

-

quest for mountain dew? lol I have one, but... I will not rest until my backpack is full of mountain dews! MWAHAHA

I have found 2 Dew's and 2 Antibiotics. Good suggestion though.

Finding the speedboat and make a nice camp on one of the bigger islands. Drop your gear there in a tent. Take a pistol and swim to shore and start over or recruit newbs into your own militia and take over a minor city or maybe green mountain. Play only at night. Hoard car parts and dump them close to carspawns. Roleplay. run on a zombiekillingspree, be a hero of cherno like toegoff.

These types of short term things is not really what I meant, but they are all great ideas. If I put together a list of fun things to do i am adding your ideas to it.

hide in the woods and keep awap from towns afraid to loose gear as you been alive two weeks.

the best part of dayz is the start, when youve nothing to loose been alive a few hours got a gun a pistol and some other minor gear then it kinda goes down hill fast even if you get yourself fully geared with the best weapons and items its all downhill from there :)

I believe I heard something about generating in-game bases and building them and such, so raiding those could be a VERY interesting feature.

Once me and my buds are pretty gear'd out, sometimes we like to run across the coast and small towns to find new players and provide them with some helpful service. (An underlooked idea)

Sometimes we say "Alright, so this run was good and fun. I'm ready to start over" So we'll go to cherno or devils castle all tactile, and try our best to rack up a lot of bandit kills .

I see it like this, this game end-game wise is a lot like World of warcraft (Hear me out), You have a long and fun journey getting geared up. But once you got the best gear you want and can get...there is pretty much nothing to do but run around.

SO. I think it'd be fun to add some sort of craftsmanship into the game. Here's kina what the model would look like,

Added craftsmenship;

-Woodcrafter, using a hunting knife, wood and some added in-game items, you can make wooden structures to benefit yourself/team.

-Cook, using food ingredients and such to create HIGHER QUALITY food, to help survive. (Also add more in-game items for this)

-Mechanic skills, raise your skill in fixing cars/getting rid of wire fencing/hedgehogs so that in some way doing those things is made easy.

-Nurse/Medical worker, faster transfusions/bandaging, maybe transfusions give 300 extra blood?

If these things existed, groups/clans of friends would be able to each try to split amongst themselves the professions to maximize their playing experience, and it also gives them another goal to work into, making their play time increase by some bit.

I think it would be very interesting to see in-game, and I know some of my friends would enjoy a new goal and concept also. nonetheless, sorry for long post :D

-

Some really great ideas here, this is more what I was getting at. Never played WoW myself but I totally get it.

I am NOT saying I want tiers/levels/grinds/unlocks/perks, etc. per se, but maybe some under the hood type of skill gathering like in Oblivion where you level up just by doing things. It could be like crazy high numbers too, like needing to do 500 blood bags, 1000 morphine, or 2000 bandages before the "perk" can be used. Just enough of a light grind where you are going to do those things anyway, but you get a reward for it much later.

It's only alpha so plenty of time to add more stuff but I think the obvious will be the ability to build fortresses or take over towns, giving players some relative respite from the Zed fest or Pking.

Other simple things that could be added would be something like fishing and maybe some sort of crafting would be nice also, plenty of scope with this mod!

- Press Escape

- Respawn

- Start fresh with new goals

I usually run after well fitted players, to get good gear fast.

Then when I get boored again, I apply the first 3 steps.

• Like 1

First of all; THERE IS NO ENDGAME.

This is a sandbox game, you do what you do when you start. You try to find more gear, and if you are completly geared, which you are not, you find more gear for your friends. You make a camp, and raid hospitals with a truck with 12 of your friends while having awesome firefights. Then someone find your camp, so you more it somewhere else, and you try to find vehicules since yours have been stolen, doing that you die to another player, and the cycle start over.

This is not world of warcraft, this is more like team fortress. You keep playing, simple as that.

Also, I will give you another tip, and that stand for everybody playing the game.

DONT ABUSE THE GAME'S FLAWS.

It will help a lot with replayablity. Instead of server hopping to find gear so after one morning you are fully equiped and bored to death, you actually raid NWAF on a full server like a man, and then if you get out with some gear, not only will you be proud of yourself, but you will want more of that action.

Dont abort when you are getting shot at, if you die, your mistake, learn from it, take it like a man, it will make the game longer for you as you have to restart.

Do not ghost your way around player, if you can't flank like a man, you dont deserve the kill.

and most importantly, find a group of friends to play with... I created a steam group and got 50 people to join in less than 2 days, after ironing out players that weren't fitting in, we got a very nice core of 20 players that play a lot, talk, share experience and gear together. I didn't even had any experience at group making, I have been an officer in other game, but that was it.

• Like 1

It seems that I do the opposite of most of you guys. Instead of killing people for my own amusement, I experiment them. I set up a camp full of loot in a secluded place near the city, With me watching from a distance in a tower, I give people permission to loot it, as long as they take the weapon I tell them to. If they get greedy, and take a better gun, I shoot them. If they follow my instructions, they live.

I think I may start doing some data on this. It's interesting.

• Like 1