Bukethead

Reduced AKM/AK74 spawn, replace with SKS

SKS in DayZ  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SKS be added to DayZ?

Yes, so much yes.

This actualy makes sense, good suggestion.

And if you are going to start questioning foreign weapons i might aswell ask why our survivors use PMC skins.

Lorewise that makes absolutely no sense, PMC's are usualy from the UK or America. This game is based off of the Czech Republic.

Although same goes for way too many foreign weapons, they should be much much rarer or only found in high tier military areas.

Edited by Veniathan

If you're saying people "mow down others" with AKs, then you would be wrong and I question your experience.

Well then, I guess I'm wrong and my experience has been questioned!

Yes, I think it should be added. I'm tired of seeing mostly NATO and US weapons in a former Soviet state. Also since the akm and the sks fire the same caliber, would they be able to convert the magazines, like in the revolver and the 1911?

Yes, I think it should be added. I'm tired of seeing mostly NATO and US weapons in a former Soviet state. Also since the akm and the sks fire the same caliber, would they be able to convert the magazines, like in the revolver and the 1911?

Technically, by Day Z logic, yes, you'd be able to get 3 SKS clips out of one AKM mag.

well, the akm is good, but i only see people running around with M4s or better most of the time, no need to nerf the AK weapons any more imo, except if you also ant to make them spawn much more often

I honestly think the higher class weapons like the AK's spawn far too much and would definitley like to see them being replaced by things like the SKS which may be more common to find in an old under used military barracks. The amount of people w/ akm's is just rediculous now whenever I'm killed and respawn i just go to brezinho or cherno and loot those tents and simply pick up what ever automatic weapons there.

I honestly think the higher class weapons like the AK's spawn far too much and would definitley like to see them being replaced by things like the SKS which may be more common to find in an old under used military barracks. The amount of people w/ akm's is just rediculous now whenever I'm killed and respawn i just go to brezinho or cherno and loot those tents and simply pick up what ever automatic weapons there.

I haven't had DayZ nearly as long as most other people, however I am already getting tired of the routine so to speak. It's become a regular thing to start in Elektro or Cherno, run to Stary, check out the NW airfield and after that be killed because boredom causes us to try and ambush someone for lack of better things to do.

New weapons would certainly remove that feeling and cause us to be a bit more careful since we'd want to find those weapons and use them.

I haven't had DayZ nearly as long as most other people, however I am already getting tired of the routine so to speak. It's become a regular thing to start in Elektro or Cherno, run to Stary, check out the NW airfield and after that be killed because boredom causes us to try and ambush someone for lack of better things to do.

New weapons would certainly remove that feeling and cause us to be a bit more careful since we'd want to find those weapons and use them.

I agree with you %100. Everytime I die, I'll first run to balota and check out the military tents there, almost always finding an AKM or AK 74, then cherno market, then hospital and apartments, then I go north. It gets so boring.

I agree with you %100. Everytime I die, I'll first run to balota and check out the military tents there, almost always finding an AKM or AK 74, then cherno market, then hospital and apartments, then I go north. It gets so boring.

Maybe if you stopped doing the same thing over and over again, it wouldn't be so boring.

Maybe if you stopped doing the same thing over and over again, it wouldn't be so boring.

What else is there to do?

• Like 1

What alternative do you suggest? Getting attached to your gear and being extremely ass hurt when you inevitably die? Are you the type of person that Alt+F4s whenever he gets into a little bit of a fire fight?

That would explain why you don't start over so often.

Edited by Bukethead

What alternative do you suggest? Getting attached to your gear and being extremely ass hurt when you inevitably die? Are you the type of person that Alt+F4s whenever he gets into a little bit of a fire fight?

That would explain why you don't start over so often.

Carebears FTL

Go to any gun shop and half the guns they sell would be a sks.

Perfect civilian weapon

This is from another Arma 2 Mod, and frankly it's poorly modeled, but if done properly this is what the SKS could look like in DayZ.

XfNXa.png

Edited by Bukethead

I think SKS would be a great idea; that along with the Mosin Nagant were produced so much in Russia that it's kind of ridiculous that niether are in the game.

Tokarev pistol would be pretty sweet too.

It's a great idea, ofc yes! High tier weapons should be alot more rare.

AKM needs to be more common, at the expense of NATO guns. THis is an Russian state after all.

I can't see any canon reason for reducing the spawn rate of the AKM, as for gameplay balance reasons... fuck that, DayZ is not about "balanced" gameplay mechanics.

It's a great idea, ofc yes! High tier weapons should be alot more rare.

Tweaking spawn rates is entirely pointless until the duping bugs are fixed.

Edited by Continuity

Yes. Yes. Yes..... If you go to the stary medical tents, you can easily find 3 AKM's. Dumb that down to 1, add/replace AKM's with SKS's, and you have a deal :)

Why not just add every russian gun to DayZ.

Starting to make me wonder:

BARLEY ANY RUSSIAN GUNS IN DAYZ

GAME TAKES PLACE IN RUSSIA.

GAME LOGIC

Why not just add every russian gun to DayZ.

Starting to make me wonder:

BARLEY ANY RUSSIAN GUNS IN DAYZ

GAME TAKES PLACE IN RUSSIA.

GAME LOGIC

I hate to pick apart what someone says when they agree with me, but to be fair I must. Chernarus is not Russia. It's a fictional post soviet state. If it's anything it's the Czech Republic, considering the overall shape of the region is pretty close to the Czech Republic.

From Bohemia's own wiki,

"Chernarus is a fictional post-Soviet country, accurately recreated from geographical data of real landscape."

Still, I do agree that Russian guns should be the most prevalent arms in the game.

I can buy a AK for 100 bucks if not less from my local gun store. AKs are so common because billions were made. Nothing needs to be changed however, more guns can never be a bad things.