Adron

Community Server Blackout Protest: Saturday JUL 21

I am volunteering and asking other server admins to volunteer for a community wide server blackout period on Saturday, July 21st from 9am to 9pm US EDT (GMT-4)

During this time we will shutdown our servers and keep them shutdown until the end of the blackout.

WHY?

Because DayZ devs have failed to implement a fix to the disconnect/ghosting during pvp exploit.

Every time we raise concerns about this issue, the forum mods just lock the thread when it gets popular.

When we ask for better rules, they tell us to send in 400MB log files and promise they'll get looked at, when we know they don't.

When we decide to admin our servers and ban people who do exploit, we get threats of blacklists that really don't happen, just like the bans don't happen.

So here it is. I'm asking every server admin to shutdown their server for those 12 hours on July 21st for a show of unified support that since they don't want to give admins the right to resist exploiters, then the devs need to implement an immediate fix.

I don't care if you think admins should or should not have the power to ban. I don't care if you think rules are fair or not. That is not what this is about. This is about showing the devs that WE are the reason this mod is successful and that WE are demanding a fix for and exploit that is destroying everyone's game. This game is paid for and promoted by the community, it is time the community receive some real dev support.

i don't think a blackout will fix this issue. PVP ghosting and any disconnect issue is an ARMA II engine & Battle eye issue.

umm how about instead on Saturday we have a whole 24 hour period of playing DayZ without people crying about stuff, because again ITS A ALPHA!

Addiction is what drives DayZ. I'd say reserve me a booth at this dirty all you can eat buffet but I'll probably be playing.

Already said in other threads, both of mine will be offline July 20th for 24 hours.

In the case of the HFB hosted one, it will be gone completely August 8th when they try to renew it and I cancelled their autopay....

Happy to add another 12 hour blackout to mine to support this effort though

Edited by jskibo

Lol really? Rocket has been extremely good with taking community feedback and implementing it in game and he has already addressed disconnecting exploit, just because he Isn't fixing it right this second your going to go and start a protest? Let him fix it when he wants to, and if you can't deal with that wait till the game is actually released not in alpha state.

Lol really? Rocket has been extremely good with taking community feedback and implementing it in game and he has already addressed disconnecting exploit, just because he Isn't fixing it right this second your going to go and start a protest? Let him fix it when he wants to, and if you can't deal with that wait till the game is actually released not in alpha state.

2 months

*sigh* OP, don't act like an angry retard, it's an alpha and you're the tester. You're testing the mod, not supporting it. It can go black at any time until release, your "support" can be replaced at any time for dev-hosted servers (it will be awesome and much better than the current state BTW). And you're still whining about things that cannot be fixed at a time.

This game is paid for

Really? Tell me more bro.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Its my server, I can shut it off when I want..... Rocket can stuff it

Quite honestly, this is ridiculous.

There is no need or reason to protest until the game leaves development.

Do you know how idiotic it sounds to protest an alpha because it isn't working correctly???

Has nothing to do with working correctly....

It has everything to do with what they do to the Admins that are paying for the space for the playerbase to test their game

Unless you can get all servers to join in your little crusade, you'll just wind up shooting yourself in the foot.

Entitlement is a wonderful thing... bla. bla. bla.

Reserved.

I'll say this though, it has nothing to do with what works or not. I couldnt care less how broken it is and I'm fully aware of its alpha status. For me this would be about the level of outright contempt that the dev team hold the hosting community because of the actions of a minority. Rather than deal with a tiny percentage of abusing admins / hosts they have tarred us all with the same brush and appear to actively support and encourage the cheats and exploiters that play this game.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Unless you can get all servers to join in your little crusade, you'll just wind up shooting yourself in the foot.

Why?

Doesn't matter if five servers join.

Hey everyone reading this. My server will be open 24/7 on any day. Feel free to drop in and have a FUN/GREAT time while all these other servers are shut down. Remember to keep your FRAPS running as we ban death dodgers with video proof.

• Like 2

I think a lot of this anger could be avoided if the devs would just post an update on the issue. Nothing longwinded, just "Hey guys, we are aware of the problem and working towards a solution".

Just one post would do it, I'm sure of it. Since the experimental 5 seconds fix was reverted it has been the silence treatment. I'm aware they don't owe us anything, but would it hurt? One post?

If they would respond to my support tickets I really wouldnt care. But since they dont (going on 2 weeks), I will be shutting mine down on the 21

Don't let the door hit you guys on the way out. Good riddance.

Please submit your solutions for the required immediate fix in the suggestion Forum.

I will do my best to assure that the Developement Team look into the proposition(s) submitted.

Feel free to continue your Protest (MSN for example).

Thank you for your concern.

Problem : PM.