semipr0

Two computers, different IP's, same house, cannot connect to same server

95208 continues to work for us without issues, seems to be resolved

95208 worked for us this morning for about 20 minutes, then we started getting red text spam about BattlEye update failures, BE kicked me off the server, I reinstalled BE from Steam, logged back on, and it kicked her back off.

This situation is freaking annoying.

Never had this kind of problem before.

I invited 3 friends to come over to my house with their computers/notebooks so we could play together, they joined my wireless network and we played with zero issues.

Hope you can solve your problem.

Well this is a pain in the arse, my girlfriend came over for a visit from norway and we tried playing together... we couldnt play when we were together but we expected it to go back to normal when she left... it hasnt.... shes now in norway and im in england and yet one of us gets kicked... its a bloody joke.. we have logged into the pc and laptop with both accounts so maybe the game thinks its the same person and blocks it but I havnt a clue how to fix it and quite frankly its p*ssing me off

No, that's not how networking works. Even with a switch, all it's doing is assigning more internal IPs to your devices through your router (or whatever device is handing out IPs). Your ISP will only give you 1 external IP per line you have with them. The only other option is to VPN tunnel through another machine outside of your network.

that's phone lines your thinking of, i've had isp's offter 3+ ip's. hell, i could get 10 ip's if i payed enough and for someone like you, it's a link between your modem and the server of the isp connects.

i'm sorry potatoes don't lead to internet.

Edited by Inspector_Gadget

Still no resolution to this issue with the latest Arma betas I am getting support feedback from BIS on a daily basis about it as we run various tests trying to find the issue.

But we can't even run just straight up Arma II OA and join an Arma II OA server together without the same problem.

Found this on a different thread and it worked for us...

1. Turn off Steam

2. Run "regedit" (win7: press Start, type "regedit" into search and press enter)

3. Go to:

(for 64 bit windows) HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node

(for 32 bit windows) HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE>SOFTWARE

4. Find and delete both "Bohemia Interactive" and "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

5. Run Steam

6. Run the game.

• Like 1

1. Turn off Steam

2. Run "regedit" (win7: press Start, type "regedit" into search and press enter)

3. Go to:

5. Run Steam

6. Run the game.

Seeing as this just stores our CD Key info I'm not sure that deleting it and re-creating it will help.

Further discussion with BIS seems to indicate that this is some kind of problem with the Hive associating our player ID's as the same player. But I'm still not sure and yes there is no solution as yet.

Try updating your battleye manually.... I might be wrong. (Probably are but you should try it!)

Well... I just found this thread, because I've just discovered that my wife and I have the same issue...

Basically, all this past weekend, I was playing the game on her PC, logged into my steam account. Finally, today (her first night off of work) I have her log into her steam account on her pc, and load into the game, while I log into my steam account on my pc and load in... If we try to join the same server, the 2nd person to try gets kicked from the server before even getting to the lobby.

This sucks... we wanted to play together... happen to hear anything new from BIS?

Well, I must come back on here and say I already discovered what OUR particular issue was...

Basically, since I had signed into my wife's pc (the better of the two), and logged into my steam account and was playing all weekend that way, I believe my cd key was still being used when she tried to join a server, as she had not run Arm 2 OA from her steam account first. Thus, I had her simply run Arma 2 OA w/o the mod, and I did the same on my computer on my account (just to be safe)... and then we tried to joining the same DayZ server again... and it worked! Seems we simply had to let steam know to refresh the cd key.

Don't know if this may have been yours and your wife's issue (either of you use each others pc?)... if not... i truly how you two get it worked out! Maybe, if you do, you guys might want some survivor friends? (depending on your location, of course... we're in southern cali... let me know!)

Last response from the BIS Support team was a notification to check the 1.62 Arma update, but my wife and I have not had time to try playing together since yesterday so I'm not sure if that was supposed to mean the 1.62 update had a fix in it for it, or not, the response was a little non-descriptive.

Well, I must come back on here and say I already discovered what OUR particular issue was...

Basically, since I had signed into my wife's pc (the better of the two), and logged into my steam account and was playing all weekend that way, I believe my cd key was still being used when she tried to join a server, as she had not run Arm 2 OA from her steam account first. Thus, I had her simply run Arma 2 OA w/o the mod, and I did the same on my computer on my account (just to be safe)... and then we tried to joining the same DayZ server again... and it worked! Seems we simply had to let steam know to refresh the cd key.

Don't know if this may have been yours and your wife's issue (either of you use each others pc?)... if not... i truly how you two get it worked out! Maybe, if you do, you guys might want some survivor friends? (depending on your location, of course... we're in southern cali... let me know!)

We never use each others PC's and I've run Arma 2 on both computers, and successfully connected to a stock Arma 2 server without an issue, this seems to be directly related to DayZ itself. I'm still in discussion with BIS on the situation but I'm not sure what kind of attention it will receive since DayZ is an alpha mod and is not the stock Arma 2 product.

As the earlier part of the thread indicates I have put up a bug report on this issue on Dev-Heaven....I just hope it gets addressed at some point because its really unfortunate that we cannot play together. And as this issue is also affecting other members of my clan who are running on home networks with other players in the house hold on separate computers, I'm hoping that we get enough feedback going on the issue to try to figure out what the problem is.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is still a problem since the latest patch. However about a week ago two people and myself were trying to connect to the same server and it would kick the others every time someone else joined. A work around we finally found was if we all join at the same time we could get in. Hope this helps.

We'll give that a try, but yeah we're still having the problem.

Bohemia Interactive stopped responding to my support ticket after they eliminated the possibility of it being the Arma 2 beta or Arma 2 in any way.

Obviously this is some kind of DayZ Hive related issue in regards to the Hive rejecting GUID's with the same public IP but it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone and work arounds are pretty scant and not reliable.

So far though any time I want to play, my wife has to play on a different server, and we cannot play together.

1. Turn off Steam

3. Go to:

5. Run Steam

6. Run the game.

Worked like a charm!!

I had originally played on my son's steam account, on my computer to try the game out, then bought it through my steam account.

What was really funny, would be the weirdness we encountered - like playing on My account and logging off with a bunch of stuff,

and then he'd log in on HIS account, on his computer, and his character would be on the coast (or on another occasion, at my last location) but with MY items.

The show stopper was when we attempted to play together and the last joiner would be insta - kicked.

I guess the account management / cd key / steam / Bohemia - thing just doesn't handle segregating the accounts very well deep down in it's decaying zombie-like innards.

Thanks for the tip - Have my beans!!!

Having exactly the same problem as the topic creator with 3 PCs on one router. Strangely on some servers it seems to work and on some it does not. Would be nice if some server admins could clear things up.

Same issue here trying to play some good ol' Dayz with my son. (quality time) =) Looks like the thread stopped for some time. Does that mean there is some resolution to this?

I have checked registration keys... Used Dayz Commander to force it to use Steam .. without steam... Double checked the reg keys..... Used some port switching mentioned earlier in the thread. I even bought an additional copy of Arma2 and also OA (without saying). Everything is up to date. But when we both connect to the same server it kicks us both. Got a "bad version" message a few times. Some servers let us get as far as the lobby. But once we try to enter the actual game .....boom...Kick. I'm using an older Linksys router (WRT54GS) but not sure that should present an issue since I can play just about any other online game under the sun ( HL...COD... WAW) with my son and it works fine. Its as if the server is seeing us as the same computer trying to connect. Any help would be great... thanks! =)

Hey guys,

I was having this same issue with my brother and I trying to play together from behind the same router.

After a day of troubleshooting, this is the only thing that eventually fixxed things:

... Open steam as admin

... Locate Arma 2, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Beta. Right click on all 3 and remove local data

... Locate your Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA directories (probably in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common)

... Delete the Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directories

... Type "Regedit" in search or run window

... Find this registry entry: for 64 bit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ (for 32bit: same without the wow6432node)

...Look for Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Studio folders

...Click on each entry (so that and ONLY that entry is highlighted), right click and delete them one at a time

Great! Now you're ready for a procedural reinstall!

...Close Steam

...Open Steam (right click, run as administrator)

...Go to library

...Install Arma 2 (DO NOT START INSTALLING OA!)

...wait patiently until it's done

...Open Arma 2 through steam, install BattleEye anticheat when it asks, allow game to loadup and exit once you get to the main menu screen.

...Go back to Steam

...Install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

...Wait patiently

...Open Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, install BattleEye again, allow game to loadup and exit once you get to the main menu screen

...Open your web browser

... go here http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

... Download the newest version of the beta (in the green box at the top)

... unzip file, right click on Arma 2 OA beta install file and run as administrator

... Allow install to proceed and finish.

...Open your web browser

... go here http://www.dayzcommander.com/

... Download the newest version

... Open Day Z Commander

... Click Settings at top

... Make sure "Launch Using Steam" and "Replace original Arma 2OA files with beta so steam works" are BOTH CHECKED

... Click Done and click Install/Update at the top menu

... IT MIGHT SAY SOMETHING LIKE "ARMA2: 100296 (out of date) 99515 (latest)" THAT IS OK, YOU HAVE THE NEWEST VERSION DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL AGAIN THROUGH DAY Z COMMANDER!

... One entry will say "DAYZ (not installed)"

... Use the drop box to locate the latest version install

... Do not install additional maps unless desired, if so install 1 at a time.

... Once install is finished, load up a server through Day Z commander and connect. You should be golden.

having the same problem, sometimes we can be in the lobby at the same time but when he is in game and i try to load in the mission file stays at 0kb for a while and then says lost connection to host while he can still play fine. Playing separate servers is also fine. Hope i'll be able to play with him!