Snort (DayZ)

The threats in this game no longer exist.

So pretty much just buff up zombies and make yourself easier to see/hear.

As a new player I would crawl through streets to avoid making noise and like you said now I just run through cities because I know where to lose them at, etc.

So pretty much just buff up zombies and make yourself easier to see/hear.

As a new player I would crawl through streets to avoid making noise and like you said now I just run through cities because I know where to lose them at, etc.

I think it's more of a bug than anything, they just don't seem to see you at all.

I've been in some towns where the zombies were completely frozen and don't even look at you.

I'm not sure what it is, but I hope it gets fixed. While we are testers for this game, I don't think something as serious as this should be around for long.

Even if you don't have a Weapon, as long as you know of some 2 entrance buildings you can run everywhere with a train of Zs behind you. However, this will draw attention from the real threat, other Survivors.

I think them just fixing the Zeds so they actually see you is fine. Fully loaded, i have more then onces died to the Zombies (usually them spawning in mobs and running me over).

As a suggestion, and i know people have shot down this idea before, but a stamina bar, or the fact that after running for a while you start to stumble etc.

Its either that, or the zombies aggro range needs to be tweeked up again. But thats just how i feel, i enjoy a challenge.

I don't think a stamina bar would be a good idea. It already takes long enough to get from say, elektro to starry sobor with out anything limiting my run speed.

I am not sure I agree with anything you say. I have zombies aggro on me all the time from all kinds of distances. I have caught a cold from exposure to a long rain during the early morning hours.

Maybe it is the servers you are playing on? I have noticed that some servers seem very easy and safe while others seem more difficult. I also don't think you are going to be challenged every second of every play session. This is supposed to be realism survival. A lot of time is traveling, making sure you have supplies, and being smart when you do have to go into town.

Back to the idea it might be the servers you are playing on. Do you play on low or high pop servers? Do you play in your timezone or do you mix it up to get different situations to survive in? I tend to play a lot on my local time servers because I only get to play late evening, night, and early moring. I am always having to battle cold, light issues, and different kinds of things like that. I tend to play on moderately populated servers 20-40ish pop.

Yeah you can run like hell from Zombies but that does not make it easy, especially if you are on a server with a good pop, because then you have to worry about all the people that are seeing you parade the horde around and might want your gear. On top of that my friend and I were running around the other day and we hopped a fence and he broke his leg, we had no morphine so I left him there to run back to town to get some from the hospital. on my way back to town I hopped a fence and broke my leg. We both ended up dying while trying to crawl our way back to civilization where we knew we could get medicine for our legs.

Zombies are only a small part of all the complex parts of this game. If you are not feeling challenged enough there are plenty of things you can do to change that but I don't think there is any reason for the game to change for you. I feel like the zombie aggro is in a sweet spot right now. I just wish they would make the spawn range futher out so I don't have to watch them magically appear and loose my immersion for a few seconds. My character has been alive for 2 days now (about 16 hours of that was actual play time) and I am proud of what I have accomplished. It has been hard and I still have a lot to do to make it to my 1 week goals!

TL:DR I don't think that the mechanics are the problem. The game is more about a day in the life of a survivor than it is about surviving the zombie horde like other game mods (ie Zombie levels of Call of Duty or Resident evil Survivor levels, etc).

I am not sure I agree with anything you say. I have zombies aggro on me all the time from all kinds of distances. I have caught a cold from exposure to a long rain during the early morning hours.

Maybe it is the servers you are playing on?

I only ever play on Veteran or Expert.

The temperature never changes, water has no effect on it and zombies are not even a threat.

I play on the Australian servers, they are always populated. The servers are always full, servers from 40 to 60 people.

The servers are not the issue, it's the zombies themselves.

If you are not feeling challenged enough there are plenty of things you can do to change that but I don't think there is any reason for the game to change for you.

As I've said, this isn't really up for debate unfortunately. I know that sounds arrogant as fuck but I'm unemployed at the moment and have been playing all day every day since this patch has been released and the zombies are just broken.

I think the game should be functional. Frankly I see that as a change that needs to be made.

I accidentally left FRAPs recording while I played today. I'll watch it and get clips of the zombies just pissing about, doing NOTHING and edit it together later today. But I don't think I should seriously have to go out of my way to prove something is broken when it so obviously is.

I fucking love this game, and if something isn't working as intended I will complain about it until it is fixed.

your temp goes down in the rain at night i was running and my temp went crit and was blinking i had to stop and make a fire

your temp goes down in the rain at night i was running and my temp went crit and was blinking i had to stop and make a fire

What version are you running?

Could this be a problem with certain servers?

Seriously my temperature never fucking goes down...

5fmBk.jpg

Could this possibly be a problem with only certain characters?

I recall certain glitches only happening to some people and their characters would have to be reset or something. But I've died a few times so it's not a character issue.

Agree with OT.

Is it only me that think that 42°C is a bit fking high? Ingame it's considered normal. That is not normal in RL, it's death.

Edit: normal is 36,0 to 37,4 °C

Edited by EnermaX

Agree with OT.

Is it only me that think that 42°C is a bit fking high? Ingame it's considered normal. That is not normal in RL, it's death.

Edit: normal is 36,0 to 37,4 °C

I was more or less concerned with the functionality of it. It doesn't seem to be working for me or my friends, yet some people here seem to be getting theirs working fine. But then again the forums don't attract the brightest light bulbs in ...a pack of light bulbs.

It could say 400C for all I care, I was just stating the fact it doesn't work.

I am running the latest version of the game (not sure of the number but it was published on July 9th, at work or I would check it).

Sounds like it might be a server issue or a version issue.

For a challenge you should hop to a server that is not local time and try out the nightlife in the game. It can be a lot of fun!

Temperature: It shouldn't be that easy to get too cold. I've been in rain before. I didn't get hypothermia. Rain causing one to get sick should be a very rare thing.

Zombies: In 1.7.2.3 I've seen them aggro from 150 meters while running. I've seen them aggro from over 50 meters while crouched. I've seen a few who were frozen. I've stood outside a building a few meters from the door looking a zombie in the face, and he didn't react.

It varies. I'm ok with some variability (the frozenness is a bug). If there was a hard limit that was the same for all of them, that'd be boring.

You want to know a problem with the game? http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36645-disconnect-change-server-flank-reconnect-simple-solution/

i disagree.. i seem to attract lots of zombies sometimes even when trying to be quiet. in fact, me and my friend were pinned down in a house a few days ago, and about 30 zombies were charging through the door.. we didnt run through town attracing them either, 1 gun shot and all of them are swarming us.. we barely survived.. also players a huge threat.. and earlier, it was night and raining. my temperature dropped to like 27.. i couldnt aim at all and had to warm up.

The zombies aren't meant to be masters of destruction.

They're the reason you can't go sprinting around cities.

They're the reason you can't fire your enfield willy nilly out in the open.

Right on the first note, zombies are only intended to be an obstacle, not uber undead assassins (thats the players job). Zombie difficulty fluctuates from patch to patch, currently they are pretty easy, and your other two comments are not accurate. I *normally* sprint through cities, and I have no issue using my enfield because I'll just kill all of them that come after me anyway that don't peel off from buildings, hills, or trees.

From what I've observed, the static zombies are zed who were either spawned in by a player who disconnects, or aggro to a player who disconnects, which makes it easy to skip merrily through town.

Losing zed via LOS and training them through buildings is almost too easy...Since upgrading to this patch, I've hardly had to shoot a zed at all, and though training them causes a lot of attention, if I'm Oscar Mike and lose the train in and around buildings, there's a good chance that sniper in the hills has lost LOS on me too.

In regards to temperature, I've noticed my temperature dropping rapidly in various conditions, and recently my group has run through their supply of antibiotics because of people not paying attention to their temp (or being hit by zed?). In fact, as a group, we haven't seen this much illness at all in game. And no, we're not passing it to each other as far as we know, as the people who have been getting sick have been fairly isolated from the group at the time of infection.

Just my 2 cents :D

I think it's more of a bug than anything, they just don't seem to see you at all.

I've been in some towns where the zombies were completely frozen and don't even look at you.

I'm not sure what it is, but I hope it gets fixed. While we are testers for this game, I don't think something as serious as this should be around for long.

It has to be a bug. It HAS to be. I just spent an hour being all sneaky just to have a zombie spawn on top of me, aggro, me pull a huge train of 6-8 of them trying to find a building I can go into. Once I finally find a building they start walking through walls and floors, knock me out at around 8k blood and I die before I can do anything.

I respawn. I am frustrated to dying once again to bugs. I have nothing to lose at this point so I just start running, I didn't care what happened. I literally run passed zombies in arms reach to find that none of them aggro me. One eventually did and I thought to myself FINALLY, just kill me already so I can go to sleep. I stand there and what do you know... he swings once, misses, and walks away.

I know this is alpha. I know there will be bugs. I ALSO know that part of play testing an alpha is to give feedback. So here is my feedback. Please fix the zombies. I can't thoroughly test the other aspects of the game with such buggy zombies. It's making me want to go play other games. And I probably will for a couple of nights.

The zombies aren't meant to be masters of destruction.

They're the reason you can't go sprinting around cities.

They're the reason you can't fire your enfield willy nilly out in the open.

Sometimes you have to kill them, which is an ammo sink.

Sometimes they'll still get you when you aren't paying attention.

Sometimes they teleport through walls and inter-dimensionally sodomize you.

They may be kind of retarded, but if you're not in the right place, and there's enough of them, they'll still fuck your shit up.

God damn well played Sir.

Zombies have to be worked on yeah. Thats what ive been thinking of all of my last sessions. Ive put quite an amount of time now into Dayz and must say I dont care at all about them anymore, and THIS is not like it should be.

I think most of the zombie issues are being caused by a very buggy update, which I'm sure will be addressed in future versions. One server - zombies didn't spawn at all or at best, very few. Obviously a spawn ratio bork. Yet another had billions of zombies spawn but their AI was fucked. I was able to stand right in front of them but they didn't see me at all. Literally right in front of them - I was frapsing at the time as well in the middle of Elektro :D Annnnd on yet another server, everything was fine and the zombies kicked my ass big time. Nothing wrong with their detection radius there. Thank god for LOS and the M401.

The above examples are obvious bugs, not how the mod is intended to be.

Temperature is an imagined but not yet fully implented mechanic. The foundations are there but the correct application of it haven't been ironed out yet.

I wish people would stop acting so fuckin entitled to a game that panders to their express wishes RIGHT NOAAW. Waaah!

Edited by Addicted

I think most of the zombie issues are being caused by a very buggy update, which I'm sure will be addressed in future versions. One server - zombies didn't spawn at all or at best, very few. Obviously a spawn ratio bork. Yet another had billions of zombies spawn but their AI was fucked. I was able to stand right in front of them but they didn't see me at all. Literally right in front of them - I was frapsing at the time as well in the middle of Elektro :D Annnnd on yet another server, everything was fine and the zombies kicked my ass big time. Nothing wrong with their detection radius there. Thank god for LOS and the M401.

The above examples are obvious bugs, not how the mod is intended to be.

Temperature is an imagined but not yet fully implented mechanic. The foundations are there but the correct application of it haven't been ironed out yet.

I wish people would stop acting so fuckin entitled to a game that panders to their express wishes RIGHT NOAAW. Waaah!

From what I read, no one is acting entitled to anything. We were just pointing out some bugs as part of alpha testing the mod. Having twice the number of zombies spawning because you and your buddy are both triggering the spawn somehow is annoying. Slows the game more than intended and prevents us from further testing the game.

I for one would like some bugs prioritized over adding/changing additional features. I can't test the entirety of the mod when I'm being held back so hard by bugs.

Can I just say what I am sure someone must have said by now...THIS IS IN ALPHA!

Dayz is in no way to be considered a finished game: it is essentially a work in progress to which you have been granted extremely early access.

That means patches are likely to introduce bugs as well as fix them...it means things WILL go wrong...it means that ideas will be tested out, and that the game will constantly evolve.

It is silly to complain about the state of the game as if it is a finished product...it is nowhere near to that...it is a game which is still in the process of being made.

Just enjoy the game: if you cant enjoy it then take a break and come back after a few more updates.

Problems will come and go: accept that now or quit Dayz until they release the final version in a few years.

Can I just say what I am sure someone must have said by now...THIS IS IN ALPHA

The credibility of everything you've said falls flat with what you just said, and obviously not seeing the point of the thread.

So I didn't read what you said after this point.

I know it's in Alpha. We all fucking know it's in Alpha.

You know what you do in Alphas? Report bugs. You report bugs and they're supposed to get fixed.

You know what I'm doing in this thread? Reporting a bug. A fairly gamebreaking one.

People that shout "It's in alpha" in bug threads deserve to have their rights as a living specimen removed.

Yes. We know. We complain about them so the developers will see what our feedback is and go "Well fuck, this needs fixing. Off to work"

If we didn't complain, very little would be done.

If the world was as complacent as you with mediocrity this game wouldn't be getting made in the first place.

After some more playing I think the problems are in servers that don't restart too often.

I've been sneaking and actually being caught from time to time by some zombies, on a server that had just restarted.

The temperature seems to be working fine now for some fucking reason. I'm very happy about that.

The problems just come and go...

The zombies are definitely still bugged though so...keep on with that.

Try accidentally slaying yourself when you're doing really well by quickly changing controls/video options and slipping onto the "Respawn" button instead of "Options."

You now know threats still exist in this game. Enjoy.