headbasha

All (8) of our vehicles gone. How?

Not true, unused vehicles despawn back to their spawn locations after a period of time

I know. my point still stands though. you can't compare the spawn behavior of loot with vehicles. loot is infinite, vehicles are finite

Yeah, all that effort. . .like logging in once a day and cycling through them to make sure they don't leave your fleet? Boy, that's quite the chore.

• Like 4

I know. my point still stands though. you can't compare the spawn behavior of loot with vehicles. loot is infinite, vehicles are finite

yep, you also don't have to spend 1-2 hours gathering items before you can move a piece of loot, then more time moving it through hostile territory. plus your loot can't get stolen while you are logged out.

Yeah, all that effort. . .like logging in once a day and cycling through them to make sure they don't leave your fleet? Boy, that's quite the chore.

yep all of our vehicles magically appeared, fully repaired, in our camp, they also all magically disappear when we log off, LOL. the fuel tanks also refill themselves.

Edited by Winston The Ripper

So, if hackers got all the vehicles and destroyed them. Then why have i just ran around the map for the last 5-6 hours checking all known vehicles spawn locations and havent seen a single vehicle? Should those vehicles they destoryed have respawned by now?

So, if hackers got all the vehicles and destroyed them. Then why have i just ran around the map for the last 5-6 hours checking all known vehicles spawn locations and havent seen a single vehicle? Should those vehicles they destoryed have respawned by now?

Not necessarily the same server.

short of hacking, idc how he got the vehicles, he deserved them if he got them, plain and simple. hes hording them so what? theres nothing stopping anyoen from fidning them. if he didnt take it, someone else would, it doesnt matter who has them, someone will.

it sucks they are gone too, we all lose things do to explots/bugs, ive seen groupd on youtube lose alot more at once due to alpha. never fun to see.

Unlike yourself I actually find and repair all my vehicles, and yes a few have gone missing unexplicably, however my motto for gear in DayZ is 'easy come easy go'. If you have a vehicle, use the hell out of it as soon as you get it working, don't expect it to be there when you log back in and its all good.

Actually some vehicles I actually wish would get stolen (the old boat for example, the thing only goes 11 Spd WTF!)

Edited by S1ippery Jim

Wow, stop hoarding so many vehicles... It gets to a point where it's fucking pointless anyway

This made me think about something that happened to me last night. I was in Stary where the red UAZ spawns. It was pitch black but I had an L85A2 AWS. Basically I was scanning the camp when I noticed someone appeared right next to the vehicle! Killed him and scouted a sec and proceeded to his body, only to be gunned down the second I got there. Could have been loggers, or this script?

I guess even in the apocalypse, illegal parking is still illegal parking. Check your local impound lot.

These kids giving people crap for "hoarding" vehicles are a slight bit on the troll side.

• Like 1

I feel your pain bro. Had more then one (Secure) camp compermised, even tho they were well hidden. I think hackers might be the cause.

I'm another person who finds vehicle hoarding laughable. I guess I just don't see the need for 8 vehicles unless you're preventing anyone else on the server from ever having one. I mean, I have 3 or 4 now in our camp, but I have no reason to find any more unless someone steals them. I'm not going to knock you or anyone for having that many, it's just personal opinion.

Edited by KField86

In that second video, when you're on the hill looking at that URAL and other vehicles. Is that before you stole it? Or afterwards. Because if it's afterwards, then you're either using hacked equipment that belonged to someone prior to you, or you were the group that actually scripted it into the game. No gun in the game uses the .338 Lapau Magnum cartridge. The L115 uses it but it's not in DayZ. Let's hope you just stole the vehicle with it already "onboard" so to speak, and even so.. you should of deleted it by now hopefully. Even though you can't be banned for finding hacked equipment, so says Rocket, if you have ethics, you'd of deleted it hopefully,

Edited by KField86

To the one that say it's stupid to keep so many vehicles:

With my very small group of people, we have 3 vehicles.

One of them found and repaired, one that was picked close to a tent, and the last one stolen after shooting the pilot.

We hid them well.

For the three of those, we made efforts. Repairs, time searched, fighting. We use them frequently. We maintain them as to use them requires fuel. A lot of fuel as to hide them, we have to go far through offroad.

They could be stolen any time. When we are logged off, or simply when we're moving them around.

People could follow us and find our hiding places thanks to the motor sounds.

Now, dare say we don't diserve to use them and should share for the common good, simply because you are annoyed that, as you never stay in the same server, you can't spot the habbits of its inhabitants.

And if you do have the same serve all of the time, search better.

Yeah, you shouldn't be hogging vehicles like that. It's complete bullshit that you're fucking everyone else out of having one because youwant to just look at them and circlejerk your epeens with each other.

sounds like your just mad you dont have a big enough group to do this

Hackers can see every vehicle and tent location on the map, they're pretty rampant with this latest patch unfortunately. Happened to us too, but not only us, every camp on the server was hit within a 6 hour period, over 50 tents, and 20 vehicles all gone/destroyed.

This. Same deal with us. 6 vehicles, all miles and miles apart in various remote locations, 10 tents, all gone within hours. Nobody is that lucky or unlucky. Nobody. If you do a bit of google research, you will find that the Arma II engine does most of the work for the hackers. They simply turn on functions already existing in the game.

Someone in another thread linked this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQSf3-cYWUo

There are hackers in all games, but the problem with Arma II is that there are public downloadable .exe programs b/c BI is severely inadequate.

• Like 1

That'll teach you for having a car showroom. Honestly, hacking sucks but I find it hard to sympathise with someone who has hoarded all these vehicles.

Serves you right, asshole.You are ruining the game for everyone else on that server.Glad you lost them.

To the one that say it's stupid to keep so many vehicles:

With my very small group of people, we have 3 vehicles.

One of them found and repaired, one that was picked close to a tent, and the last one stolen after shooting the pilot.

We hid them well.

For the three of those, we made efforts. Repairs, time searched, fighting. We use them frequently. We maintain them as to use them requires fuel. A lot of fuel as to hide them, we have to go far through offroad.

They could be stolen any time. When we are logged off, or simply when we're moving them around.

People could follow us and find our hiding places thanks to the motor sounds.

Now, dare say we don't diserve to use them and should share for the common good, simply because you are annoyed that, as you never stay in the same server, you can't spot the habbits of its inhabitants.

And if you do have the same serve all of the time, search better.

Three vehicles for a small group isn't that bad. There's a line, though. Does a group of three need 5 vehicles? 7 vehicles? 10 vehicles? It becomes absurd. I didn't see car a for my first month of play time. This was of course during the out of bounds shenanigens, but my point still stands.

The group still hasn't commented on why there was hacked items in that URAL during that one video. Care to comment on that? If the ammo was there, then I imagine the gun was as well at one point, and someone from your group may have it equipped.

Watch the second video, where the player approaches the URAL that's parked in the pine trees.

Edited by KField86