Sign in to follow this  
vukster@gmail.com

dude where's my duct tape?

We have bandages, we have bear traps, etc....

What about DUCT TAPE! Yes! Duct tape has multiple purposes!!!

1. Use as an alternate to bandages.

2. Use to tape a flashlight to ANY weapon.

3. Use to tie bandits and leave them.

4. Use it to trip zombies and players.

5. Leave a custom message for players by taping it onto a wall to make words.

6. Use it to measure distance.

Multi purpose tool!

Ping this thread if you want duct tape! +1

• Like 11

I wanted duct tape exactly for these things ! +1

1. Bad idea. Bandages need to be sterile (which is why they come in that olive-green closed bag). Else you'll just infect the wound.

2. That can be useful, although not sure how that will work on the ArmA 2 engine.

3. No one would actually use that.

4. Could be useful, but it's going to be abused and spammed like wire fences.

5. Don't think it's possible in the ArmA engine.

6. And how exactly are you going to do that and what use is that going to make...?

• Like 1

1. Bad idea. Bandages need to be sterile (which is why they come in that olive-green closed bag). Else you'll just infect the wound.

2. That can be useful, although not sure how that will work on the ArmA 2 engine.

6. And how exactly are you going to do that and what use is that going to make...?

Shuuuuunnn the non believer..

ShuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnN

Edited by Dez.
  • Like 3

+ 0.5 cause of the flashlight, everything else is kinda silly.

Shuuuuunnn the non believer..

ShuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnN

Charlieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

haha.

1. Bandages need to be sterile? It's a zombie apocalypse, your chance of dying from an infeccted wound is much less then dying from zombies, if anything duct tape could be used to slow down bleeding or put pressure on your wound to slow down blood flow....

you didn't really think it through so please stop posting.

2. Oh hang on you're a developer now, you must know everything about the internals of the game engine... ofcourse!

3. Everyone but you would use this, when you don't have a weapon you can tie a bandit take his loot after knocking him down. You could also drag him into the woods.... and use your imagination.... evil grimmace.

4. And this is a problem how?

5. Again you seem to know a lot about the engine... why don't you let the developers worry about the engine ok genius?

6. I would explain it to you but your brain might explode from my brilliance, simply not enough bandwidth for you to handle more awesomness.

Edited by vukster
  • Like 1

Bandages need to be sterile? It's a zombie apocalypse, your chance of dying from an infeccted wound is much less then dying from zombies, if anything duct tape could be used to slow down bleeding or put pressure on your wound to slow down blood flow....

you didn't really think it through so please stop posting.

Infecting your wound would cause it to swell, your body to lose strength and your temperature to rise (fever). If it's a leg, you'd have trouble moving, if it's an arm, you'd have trouble moving it. Either case has the risk of infecting your entire system, leading to death.

Not to mention the direct movement impairing effect by being sick as South Africa. If you can't run due to an infected leg, you can be sure that zombie on your arse will catch up to you.

Sure, they can be used to slow down bleeding if not applied into the wound in order not to infect it, but so can your own shirt, pants, shoe laces, belt and anything that is flexible and can wrap around your arms / legs.

So, yeah, I did think about it.

:)

Edited by krtshv

Might be an interesting addition if you were desperate to stop the bleeding but you would have to treat an infection later on?

EDIT: Haha, you had time to discuss this already above. Move on.

Edited by Terrorviktor

1. Nah

2. Very good idea. Actually epic idea.

3. We could just have rope for this, but yea would be cool to tie up ppl.

4. I don't like this one

5.This is good, it could just let you kind of write letters, or at least a line like "|" and "_" so you'd tell your maktes "i marked a place with |_||" or something to say how to find you or something-

6. don't like this either.

All in all, I like the ideea of ductape +1 =]

I like the shoelace idea too good suggestion. You have a brain after all you're not a zombie!

Edited by vukster

I got another good one! Tie a flashlight to duct tape and hang it from the ceiling, hit it and let it swing around. Wait for someone to see it and show up.

You can also shoot at your flashlight from a distance to make it "move".

We need more traps, bear traps are nice but we need more "crafty" traps... rambo style.