Barnheezy

Why Day-Z Fails

*flame suit on*

I have been playing Day Z for some time now and after my most recent run I have come to the fair conclusion that this mod FAILS as a zombie survival simulator.

I understand that this game was not built under with the thought of "Oh hey, this would be really fun!"

About me:

I am not a sorry ass noob who is crying because he keeps dying, or can't find any gear. I had it all. The only thing I failed to find is vehicles(well ive been killed by them enough). I have played the game many ways including but not limited to: a friendly survivor, a terrorizing bandit, a two faced survivor who will gain your trust just to shoot you when you dont expect it(sadistic, i know), batman, an honest abe player who doesnt exploit the system, an asshole whole will d/c when fired upon only to return a few minutes later to shoot you when you think the coast is clear. I have played this game nearly every way possible. Now the only thing fun to do is troll people in Cherno/Elektro on direct chat blaring some sort of awful music or some other weird ass way to play the game.

Enough about me...

Why Day-z Fails as a zombie survival simulation:

1. Okay, #1, This game is far from a simulation -Aside from zombies not being real and me not being able to hop to different dimensions(servers)- IRL you do not have unlimited stamina. I'm pretty sure if a zombie made you bleed you were going to be a zombie. More cars would be available, but gas would be priceless. Your person would suffer from depression due to the forced style of lone wolf game play (dont even say p2p interaction occurs, sniper bullets in your brain is not what i mean) There are a million things people could pick out if they wanted.
  2. Zombies suck in general, while their AI has been improving, they still are pretty broken. Zombies run at the same exact pace as every character in the game. Shouldn't zombies(and players?) run at different speeds? Zombies are hardly a threat (except when your blood level is critical). Wouldn't there be randomly roaming zombies ALL over the world and not just loot locations? In a true zombie apocalypse, the zombies would be enemy #1, not other humans. Yeah, you will have evil people in the world but not nearly as many as there are on any day z server. Day-z = Anarchy Simulator?
  3. Other players ruin the game. I feel that surviving is just too easy in this game which is way many players resort to banditry. I think zombies need to much more of a threat.
  4. Im pretty sure there are more bugs than zombies, Yeah Alpha my ass, this has been in alpha for waaay to long and with the huge increase on players you would think BIS would help on the bug squashing end. Also- Rocket- This message is for you= Stop doing interviews saying the SAME THING in all of them and get back to work before someone steps in and takes your idea and makes it better.
  5. Welcome to Day-Z the walking simulator. The map is way too big to have any fun on when it takes 4 hours to get to the northern border just to get shot by a random sniper. Put more vehicles in the game and make gas a rare commodity that could even be used as a currency.
  6. This game is not fun- No one wants to play a boring ass walking simulator. Rocket do you want sales? People dont buy it unless they know its fun. The only reason so many people bought crappy Arma 2 was because of all the hype. This game appeared to be the most fun thing in the world. I even forced myself to believe that for some time. But after about 24 hours of game play, I cant say that its very fun. I think with some major tweaks you will create a game filled with fun while maintaining a walking zombie simulator genre.

Okay you savage people, I expect a lot of tl:dr's and other forms of internet doucheness.

Sounds exactly like you are looking for a different game then.

This mod is fun, the map isn't near big enough and you cannot possibly generalize "everyone" in your ridiculous post.

Try something else, you might enjoy it more.