Nekan

People are horrible.

My gosh. Seriously? I'm 16; I like to play DayZ. So your saying because I lie within a certain age demographic, I shouldn't be able to play? Because when you turn 18, you automatically become a mature person? Nope. I've seen plenty of idiots that are 20-30 that act like 12 year olds in game.

Yeah dude honestly, in the next 4 years you will grow up a lot. From what I've noticed I matured more during the age 17 to 20 than I did from 12 to 16 (not in body but mind). You're correct by saying we act like idiots sometimes, and honestly it is usually in games, but keep in mind you should be changing a lot in the coming years. Unless you fight it. Then you end up a complete loser for the rest of your life lol. Even I know that I still have a lot to learn though.

Edited by Wizzturd
  • Like 2

I would have done that lol, finding a gun when you are a noob can be really difficult, and its the rules of the jungle naow BIATCH!

people kill without reason because there is no reward/punishment system in dayz (for now)

• Like 1

There will never be a reward/punishment system.

In real life, you get reward and punishment from society and the State. If you commit a murder, the police asks questions to witnesses, find your DNA, try to find you... and throw you in jail.

In DayZ, there are only ~50 humans left in a big country, there are no more cops, no law, no State and often no witnesses.

Realisticly the only reward you can get from not killing people is that 1) you can make friends (but you take a big risk if they decide to kill you) and form a clan, and 2) you won't get shot at if you run away from everyone. The punishment for killing people are non-existent, except if you get killed yourself.

Any other system will completely breaks the immersion in the game. The game is full-pvp, it's a lawless non-society simulator, where small groups of players struggle to survive by any mean necessary. You're not supposed to get punished for trying to survive.

Edited by Kiro
  • Like 3

Right now in alpha there are ~50+ people on a server but in the future it could be globally linked and instanced.

It's probable there will be some social system like ratings or something for people who act like idiots. Honestly, I'm far more wary of dummy survivors than bandits and really they're basically the same attitude just with really weak justifications.

That is, If you want to kill people after they help you on the weak premise that you're trying to survive or that they're "headed right for you", just man up and be a bandit.

Also why are you so afraid to die? An hour or two of scavenging and it's pretty much game over from there. Unless you're trying to scavenge for a tent stockpile which atm is risky with all the server resets and desyncs and assumes you're not playing solo.

At any rate I'll still play the good guy survivor that hasn't lost hope.

-robo

p.s. stupidly logged out south of stary the other night and can't wait to login in front of a sniper :P Starting over is really fun though

Edited by robo

There's a huge difference between killing to survive - desperately needing food/water, weapons etc, and killing 'for teh lulz'.

It's a shame that they can't make the game age-verified only. I know people could get around it but many wouldn't.

>18 = less pvp and less annoying turds on direct chat too.

I'm the nicest guy in RL, but I will shoot your axe wielding noob ass in a heartbeat, and laugh so hard the dog starts barking. ( and I'm over 40)

• Like 4

I was betrayed twice after saving people, and have been sniped while I was bare handed numerous times. I've even flanked a sniper who was waiting to ambush me, and given him a chance to stand down (but he DC'd when I said "final warning").

How some of you have avoided shooting it out PvP I cannot figure out.... I avoid people as much as I can, but inevitably stumble upon someone.

Everytime I try to verify "friendly?", I get shot.

Now I kill on sight if I stumble upon you, and get the drop on you.

If I can avoid you all together, I will.

Yesterday I was cornered in a church by 2 players, I ran out of ammo but I was still able to get the upper hand with my axe in close corners. I had no intention of killing any other survivors but I was forced to take those 2 murders on my record just so I could continue my save.

I personally believe PvP to be only one small aspect of this game and those who play DayZ purely for the PvP don't appreciate what really makes this game great.

Why don't you play a serious PvP FPS, like Battlefield, and leave DayZ to the Zombie hunters.

Edit: If/when DayZ plays on large regional or national servers, I imagine the survivors far outnumbering the Bandits and simply overpowering them until they become a small random guerilla force.

Edited by BioHaze

I'm the nicest guy in RL, but I will shoot your axe wielding noob ass in a heartbeat, and laugh so hard the dog starts barking. ( and I'm over 40)

Yup.

Most people don't understand the game it seems. Killing people is not being an asshole, it's defending yourself against a possible threat AND looting their corpse to get some useful items. If I don't plan to play with you more than 1 day, I'll kill you before you disconnect.

Edited by Kiro

Why don't you play a serious PvP FPS, like Battlefield, and leave DayZ to the Zombie hunters.

Dont you realize the more you bitch the sweeter your tears are? I killed a guy today that went into a hospital that stood right in front of an apartment building. Had he not been lazy and swept the area before he went in he might have lived. Point being, most of the kills I get are people who drop their guard. Play smarter, live longer.

I'm 17, and I try to be a nice guy when i can. I mean yeah, I don't really trust anyone else who has a gun and i'm really jumpy, but I don't like killing other humans in this game. Just today I saw a player, just spawned, with a pack of zombies chasing him outside of elektro. I had a 1911 and a winchester, and decided to take the time and bullets out of my day to save him. Thankfully I wasn't murdered, and found a ton of food just a bit later because karma.

• Like 2

um, we must be twins?

I had my first murder last night after nearly a month in game, I dont like the feeling.

axe wielding dude wandered into the tower without checking it out and got 3 makarov rounds to the back of the head for his troubles.

I have managed to avoid people, but of all the deaths I have had, zombies have only gotten me once.

I normally game with a friend but he is unavailable for another week or so, so I am lone wolfing it to see how long I can last.

Am doing well so far, avoiding people and cities, looting deer stands, barns and small towns.

I try to be nice, but I kind of get forced to murder sometimes. I generally don't trust anyone with a sniper, and if I get the opportunity to kill someone and get a really good weapon, I kill them.

If I suspect someone of being a bandit I'll shoot them, and if they really aren't, I man up and move on.

I know what it's like to feel betrayed, I was in cherno and saw an unarmed guy and I old him about a lee enfield in a nearby pub. I went on my merry way and later the same guy came back and killed me.

I also got saved by some dude in cherno when I was unarmed and getting chased by zombies, the same guy attacked me when I found a gun. A lot of people have a kill on sight policy if someone has a weapon, and I get that I get nervous too, but you should expect someone to owe you one if you save your ass like what you witnessed.

the real problem is that people take things too personally. someone shooting you without provocation in a video game does not equate with taking a giant dump on your front lawn. I appreciate RP and whatnot, but this is a game. not real life. the concept of what you would do in a "real zombie apocalypse" is absurd

look, I try to avoid needless killing of other players, but if I think someone is a threat I will take them down as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

Yeah it's still just a game or rather a not-a-game-experiment-game.

Doesn't do anyone any good to freakout over stupid shit for more than a few minutes. If something happens in game that affects you longer, do something else for a week or two.

-robo

• Like 1

I think the greatest thing about this game is the fact that it's so easy to start again - it's also almost impossible to end up having the same adventure twice.

You may or may not die in the same way, but in the end does dying matter? It just means you get to start again fresh and maybe you'll do even better this time.

-MONSTER

• Like 2

Dont you realize the more you bitch the sweeter your tears are? I killed a guy today that went into a hospital that stood right in front of an apartment building. Had he not been lazy and swept the area before he went in he might have lived. Point being, most of the kills I get are people who drop their guard. Play smarter, live longer.

I cry not as I've probably lost more hours of save data in 30+ years of gaming than most younger people have even played in their entire lives.

I would give up DayZ tomorrow if I could get back my old Super Monkey Ball 2 records and replays. (That game took more skill than quadruple bypass surgery kids.)

My point was, if you want a better PvP challenge with more players and a fully functioning game, I guarantee there are 12 good options besides DayZ where you'll have 100's of other players to shoot at.

I'm not here to say PvP doesn't belong in DayZ and I agree it's been thrilling at times when I'm forced into it, but I think this game has far more dynamic gameplay opportunities than just sniping the defenseless.

• Like 5

There is no excuse for this sort of behavior, but unfortunately it seems to be the norm. You sink hours into somthing and know that people can't be trusted, so even honest players think things like "If i don't snipe him, will I regret it later?"

if you're carrying a sniper rifle, you're not looking to shoot zombies...

lots of truth in your post. i've been killed on more than a few occasions because i've lingered too long in one area trying to check every little loot cache Edited by Blakorr

I carry a Sniper, but have yet to use it. Right now it gets pulled out only when I have to approach a town or city, scoping the area out for anything more hostile than the zeds. The situation hasn't come up yet, but if I ever see someone shooting an unarmed people, I'll certainly play the angel and take out the shooter.

Not that I'm friendly mind you, I've threatend new players when they decided to run right to me trailing zeds.

Diplomacy may work. I think I would enjoy trading with others. A viable strategy to help out new people would be to carry a (single) spare of a few essential items to either donate to them or trade them for items you may not have. I'd assume Bandits and antsy survivors need to eat occasionally when not resorting to food-hording.

I think to trade we'd need to have some kind of no-pvp outpost. Not entirely sure how that would work, or whether there's even a real need for serious trade in this game. The most I ever need from another player is medical supplies, or maybe the odd magazine.

He should have never took his eye off the survivor... and if he had a hatchet then he wasn't saved. On a new respawn the quickest way to gear up is to run to buildings because losing zombies is easy. You can never trust anyone in this game. If you have a gun then you are a threat.

I think to trade we'd need to have some kind of no-pvp outpost. Not entirely sure how that would work, or whether there's even a real need for serious trade in this game. The most I ever need from another player is medical supplies, or maybe the odd magazine.

some clan tried to set up a trade company on one of the seattle servers. dunno if it worked out or not. i don't think trading is a big part of the game, though. i don't normally use up bag space to carry extra guns unless i plan on using them myself.

I'm sorry, but if you turn your back, I am going to shoot you in the leg and put a morphine in your pack, then run like hell. I still wouldn't trust you.

What was the point then? You wasted bullets, morphine and pissed someone off who could heal themselves and run you down for being a senseless prick?

OP has a point. There are other ways. Often times you can just ask. I saved a guy yesterday who was down under 2000 blood with a transfusion. He was going to repay me with a silenced MP5. It vanishes when he dropped it on the ground. Whether or not he was lying, I think I gained a friend. He genuinely seemed thankful and we both went our separate ways. Firing warning shots to move someone away from your spawn is enough. Warning someone over MIC is enough. I get that some people don't care for that, but it truly is getting to the point where the vast majority of people don't care, and will kill you for laughs more often than not.

Perma death is not enough.