IroquoisPliskin (DayZ)

I will never be a bandit. Survivor nice-guy stories

I do like that this game kind of gives you an option to kill other humans if you'd like, but it appears most people have chosen that route, obviously.

I'll always be a helpful player because I simply find it much more fulfilling. Yesterday I ran into a player who had some supplies I could have easily shot him for because he was unarmed, but I took him with me. He seemed reluctant at first, and I bet if he had a gun he would have put me down fast.

We were in Cherno, scrounging empty hotels for anything that may be useful. I heard several gunshots but I was pretty sure they weren't meant for us. My silent partner wasn't so convinced and decided to make a break for it down the streets. The undead decided to accompany him and then there was no hope.

Off to find the next person to survive against the living and the dead.

• Like 24

I was lying on a hill near Mogilevka I think it is, anyway I saw someone with a pistol coming into town, instead of shooting him, I killed all the zombies that started chasing him and helped him get through the town and find some supplies all without him knowing where I was.

• Like 14

Nice, I met only guys who kills everyone. One bandit group blocked the markets near the spawns and they killed everyone who was trying get in...son of a .....es

a man was by the side of the road near Mogilevka i was in my geap he was near to death he was bleading and mostlikly had a broken leg. i patched him up gave him some morfien, helped him into my car and asked him were he wanted to go? he said were ever your going stranger.

yesterday this man joined my scavging group so i geuss you meet new peepz when your nice and they will join you!

• Like 16

Saw two survivors crouched down next to a wall. I was on the hospital roof. I saw a sniper that would hit them if they came around the corner (he was aiming right at them from what I could see). So instead of shooting the sniper (who for some reason hadn't seen me), I shot the wall in the direction the two were going.

They had no idea where the shot came from so they turned and ran the other way, avoiding the sniper that was waiting for them. I hope they made it out.

Edit: Worth it to mention that I died shortly after that shot as the sniper turned his attention to me immediately. Also, I shot at the wall because it was too far for the in-game comm to reach them.

Edited by Nitewing03
  • Like 6

I choose not to kill people, but generally the clan-mates I travel with will kill on sight. For the most part this works out well. I'm a carebear medic and I take care of them, and in turn, they protect me. I don't really like it when they kill people, but I've come to accept shoot-on-sight as a means for survival with the current state of Day Z.

It was dusk, and I had been late catching up with my friends to loot a church, by the time I got there, they had already moved on without me without my knowledge.

I saw what I *thought* was one of my friends in a church pew (everybody kind of looks the same). I was actually standing next to him for several moments looking over my map, when a voice I did NOT recognize says “Wassap Niggah!?”

I close out of my map and look wide eyed at this guy to suddenly realize he did not have a high power firearm in his hands, or an ALICE pack on his shoulders. He had nothing at all!! The poor guy was waving a flashlight around greeting me happily.

For a brief moment my heart ached, he reminded me of me when I first started this game, friendly and naive. He had safely assumed I was friendly because I had not yet shot him, but my friends would NOT be so kind.

• “Wait, I don’t know you” I say to him immediately starting to panic for his safety.
  • ”Who are you talking to Alice?” Asks somebody on TeamSpeak.
  • I turn to the newbie and yell into direct chat ”RUN! YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! MY FRIENDS LIKE TO KILL PEOPLE”
  • “SHE’S TELLING HIM TO RUN GO BACK TO THE CHURCH” yells my team leader.

The newbie wastes precious seconds panicking and running around in circles in the pew before trying to exit the door, I follow him only to see ALL THREE of my clan mates casting shadows across the church entrance, pointing their massive weapons right at this poor guy… with me behind him.

I sprinted to the side, a bullet barely missing me as they put craters into him.

I don’t know why I even bother, they never get out in time. T.T

[Note: recently edited for more detail and clarity]

Edited by "Lost" Alice
  • Like 42

I choose not to kill people, but my friends Kill on sight. It works out well, I'm a carebear medic and they protect me.

I was late catching up with them to a church, by the time they got there they had already moved on to the next major loot building, but I did not know this.

when I entered the church, I saw what I *thought* was one of my friends (everybody kind of looks the same) I was standing next to him for a while, looking at my map when a voice I did NOT recognize says "wassap niggah!?"

I close out of my map and look wide eyed at this guy to realize he was not one of my friends, he did not have a high power firearm on him, or an alice pack. He had nothing at all!! the poor guy was waving a flashlight around greeting me happily. My heart ached, he reminded me of me when I first started this game. friendly and naive. I guess he assumed I was friendly because I had not yet shot him (he was correct, but my friends are not so kind)

"wait, I don't know you" I say to him, beginning to panic for his safety.

"Who are you talking to alice?" asks my friend on teamspeak.

I turn to the newbie "YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! RUN! MY FRIENDS LIKE TO KILL PEOPLE"

"SHE'S TELLING HIM TO RUN GO BACK TO THE CHURCH" yells my team leader.

The newbie wastes precious seconds panicking and running around in circles in the pew before trying to exit the door, I follow him only to see ALL THREE of my friends at the church entrance, pointing their high-powered weapons right at this poor guy... with me behind him.

I sprinted to the side, a bullet barely missing me as they put craters in this guy.

I don't even know why I bother. They never get out in time T.T

Your friends are dicks.

• Like 24

Your friends are dicks.

I have to agree with this gentlemen, though your story was amusing.

I just couldn't work with bandits unless I was sure they wouldn't kill me and I could somehow escape.

Edited by IroquoisPliskin
  • Like 2

well now again...I came up to the airport tower and someone killed me with sniper rifle and I had nothing. I love players who are killing everyone for fun...is the point of this mod "kill a lot of players without supplies on the spawn" ?

• Like 2

I just had a nasty death.

I was looting a building in some small town when I heard footsteps in the street.

I saw 2 figures and 4 more far off, they were using 2 by 2 cover tactics and had seen me in my building.

It was night by the way.

I called out on direct chat

'Im armed, but im friendly, I see you all and one more step and ill fire'

Nothing back, they stopped a second and looked up aiming their weapons at the windows so I ducked down and covered the stairs.

10 mins of strange noises went by and I saw they were blocking me in with barb wire and tank traps, every entrance but 1 was blocked.

I fired two warning shots at random and the footsteps coming up stopped.

I knew I was gonna die if they were hostile (which they were by this point)

So I crept down and literrally bumped into one of them, he fired the first shot and missed, I fired a shot back and missed (we both panicked and missed at blank range)

Then another shot hit me from somewhere else.

I went unconcious and they swarmed me, waiting for me to get back up.

On the microphones I just heard a load of insults jeers like it was some kind of achievement ganging up on 1 guy with 6 guys, as im getting up they all just unload onto me with their handguns.

Assholes....

I also read the post about someone helping 2 guys from a sniper.

I told a guy over my mike once that there was a sniper in the tower looking at the corner and waiting for him to go around it. Next thing I know he spots me, I say 'yeah thats me the one who just warned you'

Bam, he headshots me.

Edited by thelonewarrior

I have to agree with this gentlemen, though your story was amusing.

I just couldn't work with bandits unless I was sure they wouldn't kill me and I could somehow escape.

I thought long and hard about the situation once my friends became bandits, as a medic I try not to discriminate against any patients, and in the apocalypse, if these fellas are all I have, and they protect me, why would I abandon them? even if their views on survival are much different from mine.

they've gotten me out of more than one scrape, even involving me being defenseless against enemies that have snipers and thermal vision. so I owe them a lot.

Plus, it generates the MOST INTERESTING STORIES! with me being the ultimate carebear, and them being bandits.

Edited by Lost Alice
  • Like 3

I just had a nasty death.

I was looting a building in some small town when I heard footsteps in the street.

I saw 2 figures and 4 more far off, they were using 2 by 2 cover tactics and had seen me in my building.

It was night by the way.

I called out on direct chat

'Im armed, but im friendly, I see you all and one more step and ill fire'

Nothing back, they stopped a second and looked up aiming their weapons at the windows so I ducked down and covered the stairs.

10 mins of strange noises went by and I saw they were blocking me in with barb wire and tank traps, every entrance but 1 was blocked.

I fired two warning shots at random and the footsteps coming up stopped.

I knew I was gonna die if they were hostile (which they were by this point)

So I crept down and literrally bumped into one of them, he fired the first shot and missed, I fired a shot back and missed (we both panicked and missed at blank range)

Then another shot hit me from somewhere else.

I went unconcious and they swarmed me, waiting for me to get back up.

On the microphones I just heard a load of insults jeers like it was some kind of achievement ganging up on 1 guy with 6 guys, as im getting up they all just unload onto me with their handguns.

Assholes....

I also read the post about someone helping 2 guys from a sniper.

I told a guy over my mike once that there was a sniper in the tower looking at the corner and waiting for him to go around it. Next thing I know he spots me, I say 'yeah thats me the one who just warned you'

Bam, he headshots me.

If it's any consolation, I commend you for not Alt-F4'ing out of there. they were being total dicks, and even though I never Alt-F4, I would not have stuck around for that.

• Like 4

It was my 2nd game and I was in Electro for the first time searching for equipment. I was still really new so i became alarmed when shots got fired. The shots rang out periodically, but I kept my head down and searched the top of what i think was a school building for loot when a two shots where fired at me. I quickly climbed down and hid, and eventualy started searching for loot again. After about 5 minutes I found myself wondering North out of town, convinced I had gotten all that was to be had, besides I was getting quite jittery about running into whoever was firing.

I got to a small house with a Fence just 100m South of the factory when another shot was fired- only this time it sounded close. It was quickly followed by two others that where directed at me, when another 5-6 came that landed just inches away from me as i crawled away behind the house.. I had noticed that a good 10 people had been killed while I was looting the city, each time associated with a gunshot(s) that I heard. I looked around for the shooter, and saw not one, or two of them, but three of them with rifles on top of the factory- all pointing at th house I was hiding behind!

I was only armed with a Makarov and 8 shots and knew I had no chance against them. I managed to sneak away using the house to obscure their line of sight, as well as the nearby tree that I knew should block them from seeing me. After a 4 minuet siege I managed to sneak back into the city and quickly ran South and then West, using the large hill and city as cover. More shots came and more people died, I knew they where bandits from the stories and I knew what it was like to be the focus of their attention. It was when I was a good km away and found an Enfield and 10 rounds for it. I thought, what luck! This was by far the best weapon i've ever found and proceeded away to the West as more shots came from the town, followed by more bodies.

Each time I heard a shot fired it took its toll on my conscious, each time someone died from them I thought more and more about going back and fighting them. Eventually it became too much, I remembered an old saying that "Evil prevails when good men fail to act" I took my new Enfield and ran up the other side of the hill. It took me a good 10 minutes to crawl around the factory and get within 600m of it for a shot. I intended to take them from behind from the cover, concealment, and advantages height of the forested hill behind the factory.

I was very nervous, I still didn't know just how common the Enfield rifle was at this time and had never used it. They had binoculars same as me, and had likely been far more experienced. They mined the factory so they surely had an ample supply of equipment. I had 10 chances to kill them at 600m away with a new rifle. More shots came and more people died at their hands, the body count had to be up to at least 20 by then, bodies littered the field to the South. I don't know why people kept coming back to that place, many of them had died 3-4 times before and surely knew how dangerous it was.

At last my chance came, I lined up my sights and prepared to fire. To my suprise a hopper had gotten close to me, about 20m with more zombies to a barn to my North and forced me to relocate. I chose a much larger hill to the North-East of the factory that was also covered in woods and shrubs and made my way around to it, crawling to prevent them from discovering my location. When I got there however the bandits where gone. I thought they had just been hiding but now I released they had disconnected. Someone had taken accurate shots at them and forced them to DC.

• Like 6

If you ever want to be with more of your kind there are plenty, Alice. I am one of the most trusting in my team just like you. There is also factions dedicated to care for wounded.

Ontopic:

I have actually been in a situation were my group encountered 2 other player groups at the same time. They were shooting at each other and one decleared themselves friendly. We said we 2 were friendly and they ran into our building. On their way the bandits started shooting us and broke the legs on everyone of us but 1. (we are 3). Then the friendly group runs in right into the last one standing in our group breaking his leg due to the impact. The bandits fled due to being overwhelmed but the friendly group said they had no morphine and left us all 3 with broken legs....

I was running through the forests of Berezino - some player shot at me.

I returned fire, specifically aiming for his legs. - I hit his leg, he went to the floor, he went unconscious.

I went over to him, spoke in direct chat & said. 'It isn't worth it, some people are nice'

I patched him up, gave him morphine, stopped the bleeding, and fled into the Hills before he became conscious.

Never saw him again.

• Like 15

I have had the good fortune not to run into too many players.

I have observed a few though. I was at a deer stand west of Solnichniy when I saw two guys being chased by zombies. It looked as if they were unarmed but I still watched for a moment. They weren't running perpendicular to my location, so as they ran they moved closer across my screen. They were some distance in front of their pursuers so I waited a moment. They started making wide loops around the clearing I was set up near. Never quite getting close to my deer stand. All the while I had my sights on the closest zombie (between 3-5 of them were doing the chasing)

Then I realized the circle was getting tighter and tighter, and pretty soon the zombies were in a small group. The two survivors quickly turned around and took them down with a few shots.

I don't know why they stuck around for so long afterwards but they shouldn't have. A group of bandits heard their shots and came up from the other side of the clearing. I saw them, the two survivors didn't. I waited until they started firing before I took all three down. The two survivors just ran off into the woods.

I'm going to need to find a new "quiet" location.

• Like 11

Everyone I've met other than my 2 friends has tried to kill me/us. With one exception of some guy I found about a kilometer from pusta with a broken leg who was bleeding, I gave him my only bandaid and told him to keep low ;).

Otherwise I think my ingame face has been replaced with a target. Just last night I had gone into the church in Cherno, after finding an axe for my friend (who had just spawned his first life in DayZ and was running to cherno from komarovo) some random guy came running in. He didn't seem to care that I was there as I had a hatchet (wasn't getting in his personal space) and he had a gun. So after chilling inside with random guy for 20 seconds or so, I start to leave the church. Well at that point he decided to shoot me, knocking me unconscious, he and his friend then proceeded to pick me up and throw me off the dock into the water. I bled out not long after while flopping around in the shallow water.

• Like 1

still sort of new to the game. Its been about 2 weeks in the motherland trying to survive. I'll just list the best things I've witnessed since I started playing.

1. Was near the coast and did some minor searching for gear and what not. Didn't find a lot so I started making my way down the road to the next coastal town. About a mile down the road I went prone so I could check my cellphone for a secong, and then suddenly a fellow survivor ran past me (about a meter away) at full speed. I was thinking "Ok?", and then a second later 12 zombies ran past me in hot pursuit of the survivor. I thought I was dead for sure since they were so close but they totally ignored me.

2. In a major coastal town and heard a loud explosion and a big cloud of smoke about 20 meters away. Rounded the corner of the block and there was a crashed helicopter with a dead survivor a meter away. Unfortunately for me, everyone in the town seemed to hear it and within 5 minutes there were 6 other survivors closing in on the crash location. A shootout ensued and only one person survived. I was hiding off in the distance and lived to see it all unfold.

3. Climbed a rooftop and witnessed 3 survivors with pistols trying to fight off 12 zombies in hot pursuit. Only one survived. As he left the area I went over and looted the corpses and found some pretty good gear. Unfortunately for me, I was sniped in the head about 15 minutes later.

• Like 3

I remember when I saved 4 guys in my CV5 (it's some sort of large military truck). It was my 4th and most recent spawn and I was passing a factory and some other large buildings near the coast, hoping to find a Jerry Can or two. When I was passing by I noticed 4 heavily armed guys running away, on the roads inside the area of the factory, from what seemed the entire zombie factory's population and for some reason the clergy. I started honking my horn for them to get in, and they immediately headed for my truck. And while they were running, I noticed they had a man with a Lee Enfield, 2 AK's, and I think a DMR. they chatted to me on direct communication, and I quickely joined their little group and I shared my equipment and vice versa. In turn they helped me with gas and repairs and then they all died from zombies and I became solo again. I did find my Revolver and Lee Enfield after they died :) .

Edited by SaintRogue
  • Like 3

One of my first days playing DayZ; I cam across a two guys with a car. I was chilling inside the market when they pulled up- one stayed in the car and the other came in. He was sporting an M14. I was behind the counter when he spotted me.I was unarmed and I called out friendly, to which he simply replied: "Don't fucking move." He fires. The shot misses me and I freak out and duck into the back room. It's then that I notice there's a fresh kill behind me; a survivor with an axe. He just saved my life. He comes into the back room with me and we shoot the shit for awhile, I thank him and offer him some supplies to show my gratitude. He says "Actually, me and my pal are heading up north. We could use a third." He then set an m1911 on the ground in front of me. I then went on a romp up north that made me fall in love with this game.

Edited by LockeDown
  • Like 17

I'm lost.

I'm currently just outside a church in a big city. The bell rings from time to time, breaking the silence of the pitch black town.

I can also just make out a factory with the word "International...." on the roof.

In the darkness I hear footsteps as I crawl back into a corner. I don't know if whoever's there has seen me or is just passing through so I refrain from movement and aim down the barrel of my shotgun. Then I hear, "Do you have food? I'm hungry and will trade for a map or compass"

I say "No need, I left a tent and some food in the church. It's all yours"

I came around the corner after he walked away to find some spare clips on the ground. Nice man.

• Like 9

Ran into a church

2 guys, both shooting at zombies coming in the doors, I got to them, turned around. And shot the zombies too to help out.

10 seconds later....

The guy puts a round from his double barreled into my side when I was not looking.

Too bad, he forgot to reload both first.

(he died as a result. And I survived thanks to the medic thread here too)

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me, the number of idiots who think kill or be killed = survival. It must be a cultural thing. Think Virginia Tech. Think Columbine High. Think Hurricane Katrina. Where I'm from, we recently had a cyclone 2/3 larger than Katrina. 500km of coastline was effected by the cat 5 core, 2,000km of coastline felt the force of the storm., many towns utterly destroyed. Water and power were cut to hundreds and thousands of people. Tens of millions of dollars of damage was done to property. One person ...ONE PERSON, died. And he died because of the exhaust fumes of the generator he was using inside. In the weeks following the Cyclone, there was no looting. There was no raping. There was no murder. What there was, was a whole lot of people helping other people. I myself went with a work party to the worst effected area and swung a chainsaw for a few days, clearing fallen trees from roads and yards. I worked for free, and while we worked, locals would come out to us with food and drink. Free. As a vote of thanks for our help. Others donated food and money to relief centers. Others took battery operated radios, gas cookers and tinned food to shops in effected areas and just left them "for anyone who needed them." $185 million dollars was donated by people and companies around the country for disaster relief.

If you're playing Drathmatch Day Z, kill on sight, survival of the fittest, you're a freak. You're not one of the masses, you're not in the majority. You're fucked in the head basically. You're the batshit insane lone gunman who eventually dies in a hail of police gunfire. And don't try that "there won't be any police when the shit hits the fan," bullshit. I was stranded in outback Australia by a flood once, with 300 other people. No police. Limited food supplies. And by the second day, a retired ex army chef turned truck driver had turned the roadhouse into a messhall, and was preparing meals of export quality beef and fresh veges (that would have rotted in the trucks, had we not eaten them.) We ate like kings. Slept on the floor in the bar. We survived by pulling together, making the best use of the available resources, and as humans tend to do (the ones who arent batshit insane, that is,) we got ourselves organised and continued to act with civility and common decency.

So there's a ray of sunshine. In times of real tragedy, you're going to find people are generally good. You'll be helped. You'll be fed. You'll be housed. You'll be treated with compassion and respect. Unless you're in the US, in which case you might not be so lucky, because helping others is communism or something.

I play Day Z the way I live my life. I help people. I get stuck in and do the hard work that needs doing. I'm charitable. I'm friendly. If you're doing it tough, I'm there to help smooth the way. I'll never be a bandit.

Something to think about.

late edit.

If you're curious about the monster cyclone I was talking about, check out this link which shows the storm superimposed on other continents around the world. Surviving. It's something we do together, or don't do for long.

http://www.news.com....e-1225998762870

Edited by datguy
  • Like 15

It was pitch black and me and my new group, were raidng a airstrip hanger. me and another went in looking for supplies. the bandit of our team stayed on the hill with a sniper, we all have night vision goggles so we know whear we are going. y bud pops in first going through the hanger he gives the all clear before i followed him. we went straight to the back becouse that's were we tend to find the best loot.

thats when we hearded shots lots of them they were in the other hannger. everyone had checked with each other it wasnt an accedent. yep, the sniper on our team confurmed it it was an surviovor he was lying down. mowwing down z's i quicly went on direct channle said;

"Hey buddy you need some help?" i said this so we could see how he would react see if he would attempt to kill me.

i poped round the coner for a seccond.

BANG BANG BANG.

shit my leg was broken. my buddy ameditly helped me out. i then said.

"should't have done that. then all of our group went in chant and said that i was not alone.

the guy panicked he sprinted out and across the air field.

TBH i had enough of this guy. my bud told our sniper to take him out.

this just realy show's how silly and quick reacting people can be.

and it was a clean headshot for you that were worndering.

BTW for you people who read my last post on this topic. Yes the guy i saved is still on out team he is the guy who was rading with us not the sniper :D

Just to say. it realy helps if you can tame a bandit to your team trust me its brilliant. give it a try!!!

D.

• Like 1

I have been surviving for 6 days, 700+ z kills, 4 bandit kills, no murders. Have everything. Food, Medical supplies (epi pens, morph) weapons (M4a1, PDW) maps compass torch everything. Helped people i found in trouble, and then just today, was at the airport looking for some ammo, and this other survivor was getting chased by atleast 12 zombies, so i kept saying "hey over in the tower! im a friendly ill help you out!' so he came, went up the says looked at me for a sec while i said "im a friendly!" then shot me if the face.... ffs... people like this really piss me off...

• Like 2