jonnerz

40% OFF SALE | Premium DayZ Server Hosting | Host Altitude (Ltd)

Would of been nice if that blanket email telling us to update to 1.7.2.4 was an update on why a bunch of your servers are showing up as unknown status...

interesting how many other game server providers will put up dedicated servers within 8 hours and also stay in constant contact with the customer....

We're a small host and have had a huge demand for servers recently. There are not many hosts that can guarantee a dedicated server in 8 hours unless they have some spare. We obviously do not have any spare right now and have to build them to order. As for keeping in contact with the customer, we are trying our best to do this. At the moment, by the time we encounter a server being down it normally takes a couple of minutes to put back online. This is why we have not been announcing any issues as we fix them within minutes of finding out.

Well, its tomorrow afternoon and still no server.....

I (and probably a lot of other potential customers) would really like a definitive answer to when we will get the servers we paid for. Also, I really hope the billing starts when we actually get the server and not when be paid because that will be a week loss now.

All slotted/managed servers ordered before today will be up within the next couple of hours. Any dedicated servers ordered in New York have a small delay and will be up later today or tomorrow.

Would of been nice if that blanket email telling us to update to 1.7.2.4 was an update on why a bunch of your servers are showing up as unknown status...

We would do this but as I said above, by the time we encounter an issue with a node it has been taking us a few minutes to fix. I admit we're not being alerted immediately of any downed servers and we're trying our best to find them and put them back up.

We have been one staff down for 4 days, he is now back and things will be back to normal tomorrow. We are a small company so this has impacted us as you may have noticed over the past few days.

We've revived the two crashed Dallas nodes, we'll investigate why they crashed and prevent it from happening again. As far as I can see all other nodes are currently online.

I'm also happy to say our response time will now be around 6 hours rather than the current 16-20 hours as of tomorrow. The major cause of this was a staff shortage as well as a couple of delays with orders. We are also looking to take on a new staff member to join our team and allow us to be more prepared for the near future.

Any suggestions that would improve our services please do tell! We really do love you all and don't want anything to get in the way.

Edited by Jonnerz

We've revived the two crashed Dallas nodes, we'll investigate why they crashed and prevent it from happening again. As far as I can see all other nodes are currently online.

I'm also happy to say our response time will now be around 6 hours rather than the current 16-20 hours as of tomorrow. The major cause of this was a staff shortage as well as a couple of delays with orders. We are also looking to take on a new staff member to join our team and allow us to be more prepared for the near future.

Any suggestions that would improve our services please do tell! We really do love you all and don't want anything to get in the way.

Any updates on new orders for managed servers made on the 26th? Seems mine still isnt up.

Edited by kalel90

I think the biggest thing here is your company has a twitter account, use it. If your backlogged your backlogged, and the time it took to make this post on the DayZ forums could have been spent to make a post on your own companies twitter so everyones at least got a place of reference to look for status updates. I bought a server myself thursday and I really feel I shouldn't have to spend time hunting through the DayZ forums for information on a server I didn't buy from them. I can understand not wanting to put out 300 emails or answer a million tickets about a delay, but really had you sent and email or put up a post saying "Were backlogged. We're fixing it on a case by case basis. If you own a server and it's down please leave a ticket, everyone else please be patient you will not be charged for days waiting for your server to be brought online." That probably would have saved your headaches 20 fold and slapping that on your twitter would have taken less then a minute.

Server still isnt up after purchasing yesterday :(

All slotted/managed servers ordered before today will be up within the next couple of hours. Any dedicated servers ordered in New York have a small delay and will be up later today or tomorrow.

and still no server (NY slotted). It's been over a week of "it will be up in a few hours" or "it will be up tomorrow" excuses. >:(

If anyone is considering buying a server from these guys, don't. Spend the $10 more and go with a more reputable provider like Vilayer. The small savings isn't worth the headache.

Edited by bGeorge

They do work really fast they have had a few glitches over the past week, give them some time cause its worth it if you don't beleave me read some of my own posts i put in this thread i was just as upset but in the end they work really well

• Like 1

and still no server (NY slotted). It's been over a week of "it will be up in a few hours" or "it will be up tomorrow" excuses. >:(

Same deal here, except I bought my NY slotted server on the 25th. Sucks that you've waited even longer than that.

All I really want is for them to say that they're backlogged or if they're having issues with a few nodes. This is ridiculous. My server's ETA is still on the 27th, after having changed to that from the 26th.

I'll be cancelling if this keeps dragging out without an explanation.

Same deal here, except I bought my NY slotted server on the 25th. Sucks that you've waited even longer than that.

All I really want is for them to say that they're backlogged or if they're having issues with a few nodes. This is ridiculous. My server's ETA is still on the 27th, after having changed to that from the 26th.

again most of you here are not reading everything jonnerz posts

If anyone is considering buying a server from these guys, don't. Spend the $10 more and go with a more reputable provider like Vilayer. The small savings isn't worth the headache.

What is your order number? I will personally check for you as it should be up by now. I also don't know how you worked out that they are more reputable, they have had similar problems.

I think the biggest thing here is your company has a twitter account, use it. If your backlogged your backlogged, and the time it took to make this post on the DayZ forums could have been spent to make a post on your own companies twitter so everyones at least got a place of reference to look for status updates. I bought a server myself thursday and I really feel I shouldn't have to spend time hunting through the DayZ forums for information on a server I didn't buy from them. I can understand not wanting to put out 300 emails or answer a million tickets about a delay, but really had you sent and email or put up a post saying "Were backlogged. We're fixing it on a case by case basis. If you own a server and it's down please leave a ticket, everyone else please be patient you will not be charged for days waiting for your server to be brought online." That probably would have saved your headaches 20 fold and slapping that on your twitter would have taken less then a minute.

Thank you Deguard for this, we will do our best to send messages and news much more often. At the moment we have almost cleared the backlog and I will announce this shortly.

Same as above, your server should be up now or very soon. There are only 3 servers left in the queue for New York and these all had a small issue which we have now fixed.

• Like 1

What is your order number? I will personally check for you as it should be up by now. I also don't know how you worked out that they are more reputable, they have had similar problems.

Invoice #32968

Invoice Date: 21st July 2012

Services is marked as "Active" but I have not received any control panel login details.

guess i should post this here instead since it seems reps from the hosting company are posting here.

So I read some of the stickies above, most of them actually. All of the ones that seemed to pertain to setting up a server, but none of them seemed to answer my questions. You guys really need a tutorial about whats involved with setting up a new server.

So here is the story, my buddy rented a server from dayzhosting.com.

After about 3 days of them saying it should be up at this time, and then changing it repeatadly, they finally send him the email saying its up. All they sent him was an IP address and his login info. When you login to server administration under game services there is literally nothing listed. I think that may be the problem.

We tried going into arma 2 and going to mp > remote > entering ip and port but the server never showed up.

My real question is how do we get his server(should it ever actually be in working condition) linked inside the launcher, is there an extra step we're missing? We tried the form to request an instance ID, but we didn't have the server specs so we made some stuff up. Is that something that the hosting company would have already done? We're just really frustrated with the whole process and lack of explanation as to what we actually need to do to get this server into a state in which people can connect to it without having to know the ip(hell we can't even do that at this point).

Edited by djzombie

Invoice #32968

Invoice Date: 21st July 2012

Services is marked as "Active" but I have not received any control panel login details.

Will check that out for you now.

guess i should post this here instead since it seems reps from the hosting company are posting here.

So I read some of the stickies above, most of them actually. All of the ones that seemed to pertain to setting up a server, but none of them seemed to answer my questions. You guys really need a tutorial about whats involved with setting up a new server.

So here is the story, my buddy rented a server from dayzhosting.com.

After about 3 days of them saying it should be up at this time, and then changing it repeatadly, they finally send him the email saying its up. All they sent him was an IP address and his login info. When you login to server administration under game services there is literally nothing listed. I think that may be the problem.

We tried going into arma 2 and going to mp > remote > entering ip and port but the server never showed up.

My real question is how do we get his server(should it ever actually be in working condition) linked inside the launcher, is there an extra step we're missing? We tried the form to request an instance ID, but we didn't have the server specs so we made some stuff up. Is that something that the hosting company would have already done? We're just really frustrated with the whole process and lack of explanation as to what we actually need to do to get this server into a state in which people can connect to it without having to know the ip(hell we can't even do that at this point).

There is a lack of explanation because normally none is needed, your server was not setup correctly by our system so I'll need to take a look manually.

Normally we create your server, the files are downloaded to your folder, your server then starts up. If there is an issue whilst the files are downloading or a break in the connection the server will just not show up at all. We're working with the TCAdmin (Our control panel) team on sorting this issue out as it seems to happen to 1 in 10 setups. They can easily be fixed but obviously it's a huge hassle for you and other customers. If you have a ticket up we'll try and answer it as soon as possible.

Edit: Nevermind. I've cancelled and asked for a refund due to the ETA being pushed several times.

Edited by Leraje

There is a lack of explanation because normally none is needed, your server was not setup correctly by our system so I'll need to take a look manually.

Normally we create your server, the files are downloaded to your folder, your server then starts up. If there is an issue whilst the files are downloading or a break in the connection the server will just not show up at all. We're working with the TCAdmin (Our control panel) team on sorting this issue out as it seems to happen to 1 in 10 setups. They can easily be fixed but obviously it's a huge hassle for you and other customers. If you have a ticket up we'll try and answer it as soon as possible.

I got a ticket answered 6 hours ago about my order 7682992282. Said they are working on it now and will be up in a few hours. Been 6 hours now and still pending. Replyed back to the ticket about it even posted on tweeter now posting on here to see what is going on.

• Like 1

I am cancelling my service, in this timeframe I have been able to get a much more affordable server from Fragnet.net

Their support is also 24/7 (near instant response to tickets at 4am!) and VERY courteous and friendly. I highly recommend switching to them if anyone is interested.

Thank you for wasting my time Hosted Altitude, that's the one thing you can't refund me too, sadly.

Order # 7350009255

I've been waiting over 12+ hours for what you can "Instant Setup" on your website. (Instant Setup will not be ready until 26th July) All our servers are pre-whitelisted and registered to host DayZ so you don't have to. Less waiting and more playing.

It's highly possible you are backlogged but some confirmation would be nice. Either Twitter or tickets. It seems to me you might want to enlist in some help. Also you shouldn't advertise what you can't provide. I don't want to cancel my service yet because I know your servers run well, I also have a TS through you guys. Just saying from a customer point of view you should consider what you are advertising and simply whats out of your reach atm.

• Like 1

Hey there, recently bought a managed server from you guys, an hour or two I believe and it's still pending, are you able to take a look at it right now? Would be great if you could.

Thanks!

So any word yet?

Opened a support ticket as well #410647.

Edited by bGeorge

So any word yet?

He Appears to be offline almost an hour ago.

I am cancelling my service, in this timeframe I have been able to get a much more affordable server from Fragnet.net

Their support is also 24/7 (near instant response to tickets at 4am!) and VERY courteous and friendly. I highly recommend switching to them if anyone is interested.

Thank you for wasting my time Hosted Altitude, that's the one thing you can't refund me too, sadly.

I don't know which customer you are off the top of my head but if you made a ticket, I would have explained any delays there or will be just about to. We do offer refunds but not for dedicated servers as we would have already paid all the associated costs of setting up a dedicated server for you. If you did order a dedicated server then it will be up tomorrow morning, we had a delay on a shipment of E3-1230's.

Order # 7350009255

I've been waiting over 12+ hours for what you can "Instant Setup" on your website. (Instant Setup will not be ready until 26th July) All our servers are pre-whitelisted and registered to host DayZ so you don't have to. Less waiting and more playing.

It's highly possible you are backlogged but some confirmation would be nice. Either Twitter or tickets. It seems to me you might want to enlist in some help. Also you shouldn't advertise what you can't provide. I don't want to cancel my service yet because I know your servers run well, I also have a TS through you guys. Just saying from a customer point of view you should consider what you are advertising and simply whats out of your reach atm.

I will change that instant setup line as it has been delayed. We are currently back logged and have been setting up orders all day, yours should be up within the next few hours.

So any word yet?

Replied.

I don't know which customer you are off the top of my head but if you made a ticket, I would have explained any delays there or will be just about to. We do offer refunds but not for dedicated servers as we would have already paid all the associated costs of setting up a dedicated server for you. If you did order a dedicated server then it will be up tomorrow morning, we had a delay on a shipment of E3-1230's.

I will change that instant setup line as it has been delayed. We are currently back logged and have been setting up orders all day, yours should be up within the next few hours.

Replied.

Thanks, I knew it had to be backlogged server. Thanks for this reply