Sign in to follow this  
frankyes

Will never pick up a grenade again

So having a ton of awesome gear, NV goggles, Bizon SD, GPS, all tools and coyote BP, I decided I'd take a stroll to Berezino. As I hooked into the woods I hear a vehicle coming down the hill. It's a bus. I'm hiding in the bushes waiting to see what it does. It pulls down the hill and unloads 5 - 8 guys out of the bus. They are running single file behind each other towards me in the bushes. It's PITCH BLACK. I have NV goggles. I have 3 full 64 round clips of SD. What did I do? I decided to throw a grenade.. where does it land? At my feet.

• Like 1

Yeah you have to aim high xD

My friend said we would throw a smoke granade because there were zombies in our way.

Boom both dead.....

I experimented with grenade chucking in Arma a bit. Basically the circle you get for aiming the grenade (if its not turned off) is going to be the top of the parabola. The longer you hold down throw the further it goes. That is how frag grenades work anyway. It is extremely non-intuitive but I was able to get fairly good with them after about 15 minutes of practice in the armory.

PS - If there is anything overhead you are screwed.

PPS - Throwing smoke grenades indoors can cause certain buildings to collapse.

I hate em too. One time I had someone hostage, dropped a grenade at their feet and it didn't kill them. I find it's only useful for destroying stationary vehicles.

Does Smoke nads make it easier to get past zombies?

Yeah, they run after them. Tho it's gotten a little unreliable lately, so I don't even pick them up anymore.

And I always always get rid of frags, they serve no valid use and only lead to screw-ups.

XD Had a similar experience, X-Hairs were off and I thought I had a smoke grenade equipped alas it was a frag. It was almost in slow motion I saw it bounce off the upper door frame and land at the feet of me and my two buddies......

"BOOM!".....What the hell! They shout as we lay on the floor bleeding out, My reply........erm must of been bandits....

*oops" ^_^

• Like 1

This is why I never use them.

You don't use them because you throw like a girl :lol:

• Like 1

I use smoke grenades for misdirection or if I need a little window to switch positions when I play solo and run into a 2+ group.

Pull pin, throw grenade. Pull pin, throw grenade. Pull pin, throw grenade. Throw pin, pull grenade.

*Throws Pin*

Awww nuts.....

Yeah, they run after them. Tho it's gotten a little unreliable lately, so I don't even pick them up anymore.

And I always always get rid of frags, they serve no valid use and only lead to screw-ups.

Usually you can use flares to a better extent. They're a lot safer than using grenades. Also, the grenade launcher works quite well, but don't expect to do much shooting with that busy sights.

M67's do provide one hell of a herding mechanism. Toss that towards some folks and if it doesnt screw their day..they will think twice.

Also yes..armory..practice with them first otherwise bad things.

But the best thing...suicide. Have one on ya. If you get shot by a banditity and you are down but not out (IE: Not unconcious) and you see him coming for ya to finish you off, drop on on yourself.

Did this about a week ago. Was wonderful to watch the bandit kneel down to t-bag me and headshot me with his pistol only to have us both get blown to shit by the M67. He was none too happy.

Like everyone else said get some practice in the editor or anywhere! Otherwise leave them on the ground they are a death trap. Luckly im pretty good everyone in my group gives them to me. If they cant put it in there back pack they wont even pick it up.

I understand why practice makes perfect. 3000hrs playtime in ARMA2 alone and ive been playing ARMA since FlashPoint. Even though I have yet to do it in DayZ, I promise you one day soon ill end up killing myself or everyone with me. $hit happens to the best of us & scroll wheel when panicing=pulling out flares or smokes for a pistol, one day ill be a nade".

Sorry for your gear loss though. Ill shout out your name in honor when I kill myself or all my buddys! ROCKSTARG!!! &UCK ME! NADES!

~RyBo~

~Elektro Police Dept.~

~Sheriff~

Frag grenades are great for rooting people out of buildings. Best way to clear the barracks. Used one the last time I was there and killed one guy inside and half a dozen zeds. You dont have to be very precise in those cases.

Never had a frag but one time went to throw a smoke, first time ever throwing anything in game, ended up with tons of zombies coming my way and running for the hills

I tried to kill myself with a grenade after a door closing on me and breaking my legs.. Didn't lose even a drop of blood.

Yea, I think it's probably a bad idea taking them with you, but I still always do, just the other day I was throwing tin cans and almost dropped a HE grenade right at my feet, if you really want to use them you should probably mess around with them in ARMA II a bit.