Garful

NY7 / NY8 - Hacking known and permitted

EDIT: Note, this is actually NY7 / NY8. Sorry for the confusion.

This actually makes me pretty sad to report, as I enjoyed this server so much that I even donated money towards it, but this server has become very popular and players should be warned.

This isn't just exploiting. It's actual hacking. It's modifying your client side files to, essentially, be able to see through objects. My only proof is my conversation with the server owner, Faindizzle. Attached is a log file of the conversation, and two screenshots of all text. I also have Fain's steam profile open so you can see it's him.

To summarize, the owner has not confessed to hacking, but acknowledges the players he plays with as hacking and killing people in Cherno, and calls it testing.

Log file attached. Below are links to my screens. These can be sent in their original format if requested.

http://i56.photobuck..._Admissions.jpg

http://i56.photobuck..._Admissions.jpg

Edited title.

Faindizzle NY7 Admin.txt

Edited by 4L4N
Title Change

Nice... Now that is the type of shit that puts a bad wrap on admins.

• Like 1

Absolutely disappointed.

Need to change the "Usually on Server" in your sig. :(

Hey, PAT here.

I have been playing on (NY7 & NY8) for a long time now. I have also known Faindizzle for a while too and spoken with him on many occasions. He isn't condoning hacking on his server, he is using a small group of people that he knows and trusts to help him understand a GAME DESTROYING glitch. Faindizzle is saving the DayZ Dev team tons of hours of research by doing it for them. Already, the source of the glitch has been found and the extent of its abilities are being looked into. Many of the hack that go around in the game can be traced back to this one glitch god knows how much the game will change if this one thing is fixed.

The people testing the mod weren't trying to kill other players, they were keeping to themselves. Many angles of the glitch were being tested and it is also possible that a player could have been killed by test shots due to the fact that everyone looks close to the same ATM. Nobody was told to go out there and kill others, nobody is doing this for fun. Its all to help the Dev team of DayZ and make the game a better place for the community.

I'm sorry if I am coming off blunt, but I don't want Faindizzle to get flamed for good intentions. And I hope this cleared some stuff up.

Edited by Felucian

IF this was reported as well to the Dev team before all this "testing" and it got removed from the server list, then it's ok I guess. Since people may not loose their hard work by a "mistake" from the cheaters.

I don't even see why you're reporting this.

Just waste the Devs time, its ok.

They're exploits, not hacks. Hacks are third party softwares.

Trying to help fix the game which is in ALPHA.

Edited by SnowMan

US7 & US8 really? You have been playing on my servers for 3 months joined the joined the steam group and have been to my events, i don't see that as an ordinary typo. Kids don't trust ppl on the internet. I said what I said, i knew guys were testing to see how far this bug went for reporting reasons which i already reported to Dwarden. I feel its better we caught this in alpha before it got any farther.

• Like 2

The exploit they were testing was not mowing down innocents either, I believe Fain's characters were killed many times in the testing process :P

• Like 2

NY7 was my home, and I loved the community. But why was I told by somebody from your group to "watch out" for you guys (Fain included), because a handful of you found ways to remove buildings, rocks, water and trees and that some of you have nametags (When the settings on the server have nametags for the rest of us disabled) and can see where we are? Granted I have no proof that you guys are doing this, nor did I feel like you guys would hunt us down up north. I'm just simply disappointed. To each their own. I have always defended Fain and talked highly of his servers. I have no hate for anybody, I just don't think I want to be around it. :blush:

Edited by kyriel
  • Like 1

Its evident a good 30% of the NY7/8 community cheats in one way or another, and thats without mentioning the other 70% that combat log. I just accepted that fact when I played on the server. however by choice I now don't play on the server after being banned by one of the admins for killing the "squiggly clan" fucks and seeing that they were using scripted weapons (AKS 74 goshawk).

Even though the bans been lifted I don't intend on coming back to the server in the state its in. however, Kyriel add me on steam and we should play at some point seeing as you were the only decent clan I met on that server.

Just search Matt the Bandit on steam.

Its evident a good 30% of the NY7/8 community cheats in one way or another, and thats without mentioning the other 70% that combat log. I just accepted that fact when I played on the server. however by choice I now don't play on the server after being banned by one of the admins for killing the "squiggly clan" fucks and seeing that they were using scripted weapons (AKS 74 goshawk).

Even though the bans been lifted I don't intend on coming back to the server in the state its in. however, Kyriel add me on steam and we should play at some point seeing as you were the only decent clan I met on that server.

Just search Matt the Bandit on steam.

You were banned because you showed up with two other people to one of fains events in military outfits, started shooting at us, and had a helicopter. I even think we have this recorded in some way. It was being live streamed too.

Edited by Felucian

I feel like people are making a big deal out of nothing here. Something was being privately tested. No one was targeted, no one was cheated in any way. I don't really understand why there is any outrage here, other than a game-ruining bug exists and people are trying to see it gets fixed ASAP as it ruins the game.

• Like 1

A few things:

1. Seriously Garful, what kind of grade school nonsense is this? Grow up.

2. This exploit has existed for a good long while now, but nothing has been done to address it. Arma2 (battleye) even checks to see if those pbos were modified, but doesn't check at all for deletion? That's a pretty huge oversight and shouldn't be hard to fix at all.

3. Once we discovered how this was being done, we wanted to see the extent of how much could be removed. For me (and a few others), we lost complete interest in the game after seeing how ridiculously easy it was to perform, as well as how terribly it breaks the game for everyone.

4. As mentioned previously, no players outside of the test group used this to kill anyone or steal anything.

5. We actively put pressure on the dev team(s) by vocalizing the exploit publically. Hopefully, the issue (finally) gets taken seriously.

A final thought: Instead of running here and trying to defame the guy who spent his hard earned money and time hosting the server you play on, you could have just as easily contacted any of us to try and get more information. I don't think anyone should have a shred of respect for you at this point. I sure as hell don't.

I want to preface this by saying that Pat(Felucian), Mamalsauce and Junkyard who sport <<>> are all in the same crew, and are the biggest perpetrators of this crap, so if it sounds like they are all rallying to the cause that would be why.

That Fain and Army, who I though were cool before are not only in on this, but allowing it to continue is a bummer. I had had fun playing games, not just DAYZ either with Fain and some of the others. We always suspected mamalsauces crew to be less than legit because whenever we killed any of them they were decked out in gear, but that alone is not enough to go on as you can always store stuff somewhere. When we first started hanging out on mumble I even asked Fain about it and he said that he didn’t think they would as they donated to the server. Figures that the server I donate to will have bullshit admins going on.

Couple weeks ago my group (GANG) caught Army (and admin) and some of these guys on a hill above Polk... At the end of the resulting firefight nothing less than a fully armored bot (that couldn’t be killed) showed up and killed everyone from our squad. We went on the mumble and they seamed as oblivious to what happened as the rest of us. Shortly after that me, as the only survivor of our group got nuked with a kill command. Whatever, its just kit and hackers happen. Now I have no reason to believe that one of them (or all for that matter) are nothing more than a bunch of cheaters.

Yesterday we come across some tents. Obviously a hackers set up as every tent contained the same setup that someone was just duping over and over. Surprising to all that it was the same exact kit that Meech looted off Fain when we were having fun screwing around with a bus this weekend. So I immediately go to the mumble server and let Fain know what we found, its cords and we commence to trashing the camp. Shortly after that the server restarts, in the middle of the day. No big deal, stuff comes back, we trash it again and move off to wait to see who’s it is. Little later Golgath (one of our crew thou not usually tagged) kills <<>>Junkyard there and gets a steam tell asking why we are killing him at Army (an admin) tents...

At that point we pretty much figured out what was going on and started looking for another server. Later that night Fain messages Meech with info about the bug in question...

You can spew a bunch of crap about just testing it all you want, everyone that is a regular on that server knows full well its a complete and total line of crap. I won't bother going into the fact that testing something and reporting it is something you do once, doing it continually just makes you an exploiter. You also report stuff like that to the developers, you don’t spread the info around in order to “break the game” or whatever other half assed excuse you are using to try to cover up for what you kids were doing.

Its to bad really.

• Like 4

It's sad really that people feel the need to "cheat" at a video game, and then go on to lie to you about it because that's just what you guys are doing.

Explains a lot though, especially Army's "server restarts for performance" in the middle of the day when it's running just fine. The gear we saw in those tents last night proved it to me. No amount of server jumping is going to get you that many pair of NVG's and belt fed ammo that you guys had in those tents. Then what do you do after we tell you about the tents we blew up...restart the server to get them back. The fact that Junkyard was questioned on it last night by Meech, and admitted they dupe because the game is "glitchy" is crap.

Fain, you might not be in on it but the fact you know it goes on on your servers, and do nothing about it....makes you just as guilty. Poe's right though, you had the exact same kit we saw multiples of in those tents.

We aren't in Alpha to "test" the exploits and cheats. The fact that it's an old Arma 2 cheat or not is beside the point. If you find a bug your job is to report it, and be done with it. Not tell a few people and run out to "test" the issue. If one of us had found the issue and hadn't known you, you would have banned us on the spot.

It sucks because this kills the game for us. Finally a game with hardcore pvp and our server's main opposition is a bunch of cheaters.

It is too bad, we were looking forward to crewing with you all in GW2.

• Like 2

I want to preface this by saying that Pat(Felucian), Mamalsauce and Junkyard who sport <<>> are all in the same crew, and are the biggest perpetrators of this crap, so if it sounds like they are all rallying to the cause that would be why.

That Fain and Army, who I though were cool before are not only in on this, but allowing it to continue is a bummer. I had had fun playing games, not just DAYZ either with Fain and some of the others. We always suspected mamalsauces crew to be less than legit because whenever we killed any of them they were decked out in gear, but that alone is not enough to go on as you can always store stuff somewhere. When we first started hanging out on mumble I even asked Fain about it and he said that he didn’t think they would as they donated to the server. Figures that the server I donate to will have bullshit admins going on.

Couple weeks ago my group (GANG) caught Army (and admin) and some of these guys on a hill above Polk... At the end of the resulting firefight nothing less than a fully armored bot (that couldn’t be killed) showed up and killed everyone from our squad. We went on the mumble and they seamed as oblivious to what happened as the rest of us. Shortly after that me, as the only survivor of our group got nuked with a kill command. Whatever, its just kit and hackers happen. Now I have no reason to believe that one of them (or all for that matter) are nothing more than a bunch of cheaters.

Yesterday we come across some tents. Obviously a hackers set up as every tent contained the same setup that someone was just duping over and over. Surprising to all that it was the same exact kit that Meech looted off Fain when we were having fun screwing around with a bus this weekend. So I immediately go to the mumble server and let Fain know what we found, its cords and we commence to trashing the camp. Shortly after that the server restarts, in the middle of the day. No big deal, stuff comes back, we trash it again and move off to wait to see who’s it is. Little later Golgath (one of our crew thou not usually tagged) kills <<>>Junkyard there and gets a steam tell asking why we are killing him at Army (an admin) tents...

At that point we pretty much figured out what was going on and started looking for another server. Later that night Fain messages Meech with info about the bug in question...

You can spew a bunch of crap about just testing it all you want, everyone that is a regular on that server knows full well its a complete and total line of crap. I won't bother going into the fact that testing something and reporting it is something you do once, doing it continually just makes you an exploiter. You also report stuff like that to the developers, you don’t spread the info around in order to “break the game” or whatever other half assed excuse you are using to try to cover up for what you kids were doing.

Its to bad really.

Ok let me say this Your a moron, ok im happy now i got killed by one of you guys at the tents and asked why your moron friend shot me at armies tents, i run with him and fain from time to time we all play together youve joined the ny 7&8 mumble server before anyone that wants to play together can. ive met up with army at his tents before and i know meech found his tents at one point and didnt take anything cuz he knew they were his tents. i assumed that u guys were friendly and that u had just stoped by the camp to trade items or put items in the tents. so when your idiot friend killed me who i had saw and could have easily killed frist i messaged you saying why would u kill me at armies tents . i thought you guys were pretty cool and i wouldnt shoot friendlies that why i try to coridnate with the HF clan so we dont kill each other. some time its just unavoidable.

that being said. as far as garful or any of you idiots bitching about people cheating or hacking no matter what server you go to your gonna have people cheating fains try to do a good job at banning the douche bags spawning in helios and tanks and shit thats not supposed to be in the game Hense "matt the bandit" being banned fromt he server as far as deleting your game files and being able to play this shitty game with no trees or builds what don't u fuckin morons understand bout what fain was saying they were "TESTING IT OUT" to report it to the Devs they werent running around killing your scrubby asses. this bugg was found yesterday and i made fain aware of the problem him and his admins were testing it out and reporting it that is all so you guys can all go play on others server no one fucking cares but atleast on ny 7 or 8 fain is a great admin and is trying help get this game fixed with all the buggs in it he bans obvious hackers and trys to help people out so for any of you trying to talk shit about him clean the sand out of your pussies and grow up.

I have never hacked or modifed anything nither has mammalsause or pat or anyone that i play with it wouldnt be fun for me. that would be boring and totally unfair so dont fuckin accuse me of doin anything u stupid waste of space.

• Like 1

Fain allows you to cheat, how is that being a good admin? Any admin worth their salt would have banned you in a heartbeat for your tent duping. He allows it to go on because your friends. I believe these were your words last night:

Junkyard: and we dup cuz the tents and vechicles eat ur weapons and u die to stupid bullshit like doorways and ladders

So to say you don't cheat is a lie. So you go grow up, get some balls, and quit cheating in a damn video game.

Edited by Gawl
  • Like 1

Ok let me say this Your a moron, ok im happy now

Glad you are happy.

However, I am not going to respond to that gibberish you posted thou. Feel free to deny what you have been doing until you are blue in the face, but don’t be surprised when no one believes you.

• Like 2

A final thought: Instead of running here and trying to defame the guy who spent his hard earned money and time hosting the server you play on, you could have just as easily contacted any of us to try and get more information.

Just because Fain spends his hard earned money to host the server we play on, doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants.

Ok let me say this Your a moron, ok im happy now i got killed by one of you guys at the tents and asked why your moron friend shot me at armies tents, i run with him and fain from time to time we all play together youve joined the ny 7&8 mumble server before anyone that wants to play together can. ive met up with army at his tents before and i know meech found his tents at one point and didnt take anything cuz he knew they were his tents. i assumed that u guys were friendly and that u had just stoped by the camp to trade items or put items in the tents. so when your idiot friend killed me who i had saw and could have easily killed frist i messaged you saying why would u kill me at armies tents .

i thought you guys were pretty cool and i wouldnt shoot friendlies that why i try to coridnate with the HF clan so we dont kill each other. some time its just unavoidable.

This is true. Junkyard is a pretty cool guy. He found our tents, shot and killed [HF]Priceless but then ))<>((Pat and ))<>((Junkyard came into our ventrilo. Junkyard put our stuff back. Junkyard has also given me rides from Cherno to NW Airfield, and always offers to give rides when we die.

that being said. as far as garful or any of you idiots bitching about people cheating or hacking no matter what server you go to your gonna have people cheating fains try to do a good job at banning the douche bags spawning in helios and tanks and shit thats not supposed to be in the game Hense "matt the bandit" being banned fromt he server as far as deleting your game files and being able to play this shitty game with no trees or builds what don't u fuckin morons understand bout what fain was saying they were "TESTING IT OUT" to report it to the Devs they werent running around killing your scrubby asses. this bugg was found yesterday and i made fain aware of the problem him and his admins were testing it out and reporting it that is all so you guys can all go play on others server no one fucking cares but atleast on ny 7 or 8 fain is a great admin and is trying help get this game fixed with all the buggs in it he bans obvious hackers and trys to help people out so for any of you trying to talk shit about him clean the sand out of your pussies and grow up.

Fain has done an amazing job and restarting the server when there is a hacker. I remember the helicopter spawned during the axe battle event. He also reset it when I texted him on Steam that there was a heli east of Lopatino.

I have never hacked or modifed anything nither has mammalsause or pat or anyone that i play with it wouldnt be fun for me. that would be boring and totally unfair so dont fuckin accuse me of doin anything u stupid waste of space.

))<>((Dmytro was banned for hacking.

And I truly debated whether or not to post these. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get that much into this whole thing. I don't know, here it goes anyway. :|

18zrps.png

110ku2e.png15wju4y.png

• Like 5

Just because Fain spends his hard earned money to host the server we play on, doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants.

This is true. Junkyard is a pretty cool guy. He found our tents, shot and killed [HF]Priceless but then ))<>((Pat and ))<>((Junkyard came into our ventrilo. Junkyard put our stuff back. Junkyard has also given me rides from Cherno to NW Airfield, and always offers to give rides when we die.

Fain has done an amazing job and restarting the server when there is a hacker. I remember the helicopter spawned during the axe battle event. He also reset it when I texted him on Steam that there was a heli east of Lopatino.

))<>((Dmytro was banned for hacking.

And I truly debated whether or not to post these. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get that much into this whole thing. I don't know, here it goes anyway. :|

18zrps.png

110ku2e.png15wju4y.png

Damn....nuff said.

• Like 3

What a rediculous thread. It saddens me that so many players in this game are so obsessed with it that you can call a specific server your home. Get a fucking life. Go outside, drink with your friends, make money IRL, and fucking get laid. Enough bantering, with pointless forums, blaming admins for "ruining" your experience that you are "entitled" to. You aren't entitled to shit, the game is still in alpha stage; not to mention it's a fucking mod. I think faindizzle's actions are noble enough, he's helping work out major exploits in a game in its ALPHA state. If anything, you retards should be excited to know that there are people involved in this game a hell of a lot more intelligent than you that they can deconstruct the arma 2 engine, and the dayz mod for that matter, on the level that they have in order to make the game more enjoyable for you. Grow the fuck up. If you want the game to be more enjoyable, bug free, and "hacker" proof, then get involved and use the knowledge and resources that this group of people have provided to help the game's development yourself.

Edited by evil_id
  • Like 1

Hell, right now Im in Cherno killing players while yelling FIX THE GAME (legitimately). When we found this exploit I almost lost all interest in DayZ. I dont care if this game is in Alpha, this stuff should be fixed ASAP and we are telling the developers exactly what is going on. I don't want anyone to have to experience a player killing another through the buildings in towns, have no ability to find vehicles because they are hidden in buildings ETC. And I keep seeing players with modified files coming on every server more and more. That usually means they are attempting to use the same exploit but messed up. If we were to find this exploit and just tell the dev team IT EXISTS, what would that accomplish? Nothing but stalling development of this game so the developers can figure out the thing we already know. Nobody is going to tell the dev team whats up who legitimately uses this exploit because they love it and don't want it to go away. WE DO WANT IT TO GO AWAY so people can leave Rocket alone with the crappy hacker reports that are indecisive and have no real evidence of what is going on. This exploit explains most of the posts on the cheaters forums, the others are hacks that have already been dealt with in one way or another to an extent. I would love to play this game without having to worry about others hacking, exploiting ETC, but the one thing DayZ tries to teach you is don't trust anyone, so we cant just will all the bugs and hacks away, we have to force them away. So that NOBODY can use them.