Shard (DayZ)

Do you ever feel like getting awesome guns is a waste?

I always feel so dissapointed when I lose them, especially if I worked hard to find them. Is just getting a standard Enfield good enough? I mean, its got the power it needs.

In a sense but if you have very good survival skills, and can survive out in the wilderness, you want something nice to look at.

Yeah, it's pretty much just bragging rights or that feeling that you have something rare.

I usually try for something that I can find ammo for.

I tend to go Winchester, but I've been aging the risks going to the military places lately.

I usually don't care much for guns as they rarely ever decide the outcome of an encounter (who gets the drop first does). Even a noob with a Makarov can easily kill anyone if they get the drop first.

What really makes a lot of difference is those NVG's.

I agree that I never feel like I'm enjoying the game when I manage to get a DMR or something else fancy. Instead I creep around like a paranoid twit and run away from the slightest noise. Eventually I get disgusted with myself and rush to my death at the airfield.

Slap an AK in my hands though, and I'm ready to rumble.

I just always end up having AK in my hands with more than 10 mags :P So pretty gun.

I like having nice guns, but I always get overwhelming paranoia when I'm running about with them. An FN-FAL on your back might as well be a glowing target.

I just feel like a walking loot pile at the moment. To be honest, in future, I'd probably pick a hatchet over the high end guns.. I avoid all other players like the plague unless I know them, so PvP hasn't been a problem for me, but now I feel it might. The hatchet is unlimited ammo and silent, perfect for taking out infected quietly and looting a place with minimal detection - however you're pretty much a gonner if some guy pops up in front of you with an Enfield. But then again - if you die, what did you have to loose. A hatchet? Well excuse me while I just pop into the next barn I see and re-equip myself.

yah, when I killed a dude and took his L85 and AS50, I bought a second account, and havnt used the L85 or AS50 since, it just sits there on my 'main' in a gili suit, outside of stary, forever... Useless afraid of losing it. While I go Bandit nuts in Cherno with my 'alt' and aks, lees, and pistols.

So yes, its just pretty, and makes you afraid to lose it. NOw my alt has a m4 SD, and im afraid to use her for whats shes meant to be... damn it

My buddies and I play as if we are the farmers of the land. We stick to basically only the winchester and lee enfield. We don't use side arms at all except a revolver here and there if we have to. We only eat cooked meat and we only drink water from canteens. Pretty tough but very fun and rewarding. My opinion anyways.

• Like 2

i run the fields for choppers, get cool weapons, then go rambo with it not afraid to die. i love using the weapons and i care not for dying, adrenalin rush from a decent battle with a epic gun is massive

NOPE. Nothing feels better than bunching up in a barn with 4 of my buds, taking out my M249, and laying into a horde of undead.

I tend to stay alive for a long time and travel with a group, so a lot of these "rare" weapons don't seem that rare to me. I use them when I find them, then discard them when I stop finding ammo.

The only thing I will care about losing is my NVG. I have a rare and powerful weapon but considering an AK or enfield is about as good at killing people if needed the gun means very little. NVG on the other hand mean alot more to me. I have played about two months and finaly have a pair. Besides if I die I know where a whole bunch of tents are and I can get fully armed and equiped short of the high end stuff in no time.

The gear you pick up determines your "level" and with that comes increased risk/paranoia.

Unless someone belongs to a clan with stockpiles of high end weaponry.

My crew has enough spare weapons to make this a non-issue for us. I'm more concerned about ghillies and keeping our vehicles.

I've passed on the L85 and as50's we have in favour of a silenced m4, each of our crew has a job and im the designated zombie killer when we scavenge.

sometimes... just found a helicopter with 4 fn fals 1 m249 and 1 bizon. well i already had my dmr and m14 aim...

i had to decide.. i left with dmr and bizon for some silent action ;)

yah, when I killed a dude and took his L85 and AS50, I bought a second account, and havnt used the L85 or AS50 since, it just sits there on my 'main' in a gili suit, outside of stary, forever... Useless afraid of losing it. While I go Bandit nuts in Cherno with my 'alt' and aks, lees, and pistols.

So yes, its just pretty, and makes you afraid to lose it. NOw my alt has a m4 SD, and im afraid to use her for whats shes meant to be... damn it

lmao this must be the high end of the paranoia spectrum. :D

Our group also has a cache of weapons, ak's/m4cco/dmr and cz so weapons not a problem,

we had two m249's and a dmr as cover so the three of us decided to raid the cherno hospital for blood bags (ran out).....had an epic fight, (4 kills myself and sniper took one out) although lost a man, but he spawned close and made it back in time while defending etc.....we all started out knowing we would/could lose it all, but it paid off and had a great time :)

so basicly use your weapons before you lose them!

Anyone around EU32 (although renamed to de114 but still has the eu 32 in name) and remembers the machine guns going off in cherno then?

Edited by Pvt. Kairis

M1911 and Winchester is all I need. I'll put an AK or M4 in my backpack with some ammo, for the occassion I run out of Winchester Ammo. That doesn't happen very often though.

Me and my group had this argument afew days ago...

What's point in hoarding all this stuff if we are NEVER going to use it, and just let it sit in the tents waiting to be stolen by someone who will make use of it?

The idea is that we play as a group of 4-9 people, If one of us goes down we secure the area and recover the downed players loot