Sign in to follow this  
catstyle (DayZ)

Hit by lightning scared me rather hard. : D

Logged in to bandage and patch up my brother since our last adventures, we parted ways, pitchblack server, noticed how nice the lightning actually is on the sky and that it light up the entire field (map?) I was running on.

It started raining and a few more thunder roars ecoed.

Silent for a while

I was right about to log out when another flash, and this one was loud in my headphone.

My character yelled, broke a bone, got into shock and pain, also bleeding and unconscious.

I only lost around 1-2k blood, might have been from the bleeding before I realized it thou.

Tried to figure out if it was a player, almost zero damage, all those effects, nah.

I was unconscious for a few seconds also.

THUNDER STRUCK!.. : D

Jikes, my heart was beating , while I was waiting for the hourglass to get empty I was expecting a second shot or something, nothing came.

Bandaged up, continue walking like nothing. trying to walk off the shock before logging out.

EDIT So people dont bleed on me:

Well this is the only reason for it what I can think of.

Also noticed a post by another player with a similar situation with it. : D

Edited by catstyle

Somine using the thunder to cover the sound of their weapon that wud be a good kill

You can't get hit by lightning in the game, nor does it break your legs. Obvious BS is obvious.

kthxbai.

• Like 1

That's in tents 0.0

Aye I know tends tend to do that nowdays.

Was no tent what so ever near my location thou. : D

You can't get hit by lightning in the game, nor does it break your legs. Obvious BS is obvious.

kthxbai.

Only real reason I can come up with there. ;| tried google arma 2 for it, no real reason.

Found some old posts about someone else with almost identical situation during another lightning in earlier version of dayz.

Edited by catstyle

Aye I know tends tend to do that nowdays.

Was no tent what so ever near my location thou. : D

Only real reason I can come up with there. ;| tried google arma 2 for it, no real reason.

Found some old posts about someone else with almost identical situation during another lightning in earlier version of dayz.

Well not once in 3 years has it happened to me on Arma (Or DayZ).

Well not once in 3 years has it happened to me on Arma (Or DayZ).

You got it confirmed that it don't work or just saying it didnt happen to you? : D

I cant find any other result then that it hit me, and aye, honestly, its always fun to speculate on the mechanics until some mod tells you the truth. ^^

Sounds to me like a VERY, VERY skilled sniper who knows what he's doing. What was your location?

EDIT: That or he walked up on you and what sounded like lightning was just the clapping of the rifles echo throughout the hills

Edited by Jaynich

Me and my friend had the lightning strike the ground about 100 meters away from us.. Didn't do anything to the ground but got a discussion going on whether or not lightning would do anything to a player.

Ive also experienced bleeding, shock, knockout and bones broken from crawling through a building when i just started, didn't take any shots or anything... Just got all the effects.

Sounds to me like a VERY, VERY skilled sniper who knows what he's doing. What was your location?

EDIT: That or he walked up on you and what sounded like lightning was just the clapping of the rifles echo throughout the hills

me? empty server with my brother outside cherno up high in the hills.

The thing is, there was no damage thou. besides the bleeding that took a few before I could fix it.

Lightening does not hit you in Arma, never has and it sure and hell doesn't hit the ground.

Edited by jblackrupert

Well me and two mates died instantly to a huge explosion out of the air, could be Lightning we thought but now that I read this I doubt it.

I have seen it hit the ground. Not sure if it can hit you or not. I once logged in in the middle of nowhere up north in a thunderstorm and died 10 seconds or so later with full blood. Not sure if that was lighting or a bug, I am sure if I was one shot killed I would have lost blood. Besides I never heard a shot or anthing and I was in trees, not a place where I could be sniped from afar.

I'd just like to say that i cant find anything on this anywhere else on teh googlez or anything either but IT DOES HAPPEN. I was playing around on a solo map edited game with NO AI WHAT SO EVER. I was flying around in a UH-1H huey(the one that is available in DayZ) to practice some flying in it, and BAM. middle of the night, i see a bright flash, loud boom, and all of a sudden all systems in the chopper are disabled, but the hull is completely intact. Everything but the hull was red. I wasnt far above the ground and was able to safely crash land the huey and repair it but there is NO other explanation as to what happened other then i was struck by lightning. It was 1am server time, and the middle of a thunderstorm, and being 100m above the ground in the middle of no where means i definitely didnt hit anything. nothing i can think of could disable all systems with out touching the hull in a split second.

Somine using the thunder to cover the sound of their weapon that wud be a good kill

Done it more than once, successfully. At least I say successfully because the person had no idea where I was shooting from since I missed a few times trying to hit him on the run. Eventually he stopped and ate dirt.

I think that's just a bug. I've had the same thing happened to me when I crouched next to some trees in broad daylight. Scared the heck outta me though.

it could have been just some c*unt chucking nades, like in this video:

We did feel really bad after doing this, but when you find a shitload of grenades and run across 4 guys in an open field at night... sometimes the animal part of the brain takes over

True or not, why were you running around in the open?

Done it more than once, successfully. At least I say successfully because the person had no idea where I was shooting from since I missed a few times trying to hit him on the run. Eventually he stopped and ate dirt.

Sorry, but thunder/lightning is generated by the game, not by the server. I came to that conclusion last night when i was playing with a mate. As we were heading north, both looking at the same direction. We never saw the same lightning nor heared the same thunder. And no it was not delayed at all.

Sounds like someone threw a hand grenade at you.

That makes a loud bang, will probably break your bones, knock you unconcious and it lights u with a bright flash for a second

Thing is I accidently threw a grenade at myself the first time I used one, I didnt lose any blood but everything got messed up, blood, shock, broken bones.....you name it

Edited by thelonewarrior

Just incase any1 still cares, you can be hit by lightling. i've been killed before by it, it brakes your legs, makes you panic and you get knocked out. but i got knocked out near a deerstand and was eaten to death :L