Ander (DayZ)

Arma2 patch build 94997 now running on some servers

Absolute nightmare!

Battleye wasn't ready for this patch as was known!

Battleye didn't auto update as was known!

Server went from 60 payers full to around 10.

Cannot understand why Battleye guys and BIH cannot organise it together for an auto update!

Even after manually updating still cannot join, getting a battleye failed!

With over 600,000 unique players it does have to be better organised now guys! I understand it is an alpha etc!

But I think it is getting to the point that a bit more organisation is needed!

Other than that, awesome job on the mod, appreciate the effore that goes into it!

• Like 21

ugh.. I wish the process was easier..

Every time there's a new beta update, I get more nervous than when I hear gunshots in Elektro :P

• Like 6

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/46.4.89.98:3000/b_560_95_1.png

Your server hasnt been full since last night afaik. Just wait for people to update according to the instructions and you'll be fine and back up to 60 players.

The patch fixes a lot of issues that improves performance. Support for >4GB VRAM anyone?

Dupe fixes and more.

• Like 1

Edit: now got in, works so far

Edited by FDFJ

Absolute nightmare!

Battleye wasn't ready for this patch as was known!

Battleye didn't auto update as was known!

Cannot understand why Battleye guys and BIH cannot organise it together for an auto update!

Even after manually updating still cannot join, getting a battleye failed!

With over 600,000 unique players it does have to be better organised now guys! I understand it is an alpha etc!

But I think it is getting to the point that a bit more organisation is needed!

Other than that, awesome job on the mod, appreciate the effore that goes into it!

I've had this problem since the last beta patch seems like reverting is the only choice.

doesn't work for me even if I update battleye, I'm stuck on wait for host forever.

playing on this works all the time, guess I have to downgrade again.

• Like 1

http://cache.www.gam.../b_560_95_1.png

Your server hasnt been full since last night afaik. Just wait for people to update according to the instructions and you'll be fine and back up to 60 players.

The patch fixes a lot of issues that improves performance. Support for >4GB VRAM anyone?

Dupe fixes and more.

Sorry typ0 with the payer count, did mean to write 40! Sorry!

Doesn't mean that the process is any worse than I stated!

Now the server is down to around 7 players, remember gametracker takes a an hour or so to catch up!

• Like 1

I managed to get 94945 working and playing, lets see what happens with this one.

• Like 3

Hmm.. When I first connected it said "XAM was killed" and I stood in the middle of nowhere. Maybe Debug plains.

So I downgraded my beta to 94876 again and connected to another server. I stood on the beach with all my gear.

The server I was on with the latest beta was SE 4.

Edited by XAM
  • Like 1

Use 94997 , not 94945 .

As for BE patch. Make sure you only play on 94997 servers as this patch is not backwards compatible.

There'll probably be a mandatory arma2 patch tomorrow.

• Like 2

Client side works great here....

Running 1.7.2.3 1.61. 94977

BattlEye v1.61.94945+

Tested on Fr 16 and UK01

Edited by Drogur
  • Like 1

Does the need to manually update BattleEye apply to both clients and servers? (Through installer or manually)

Edited by Vitdom

Wasn't able to get 94997 to run.

After manual expansions/battleye & battleye update to v1.61.94945+ server started, but every user got kicked with "battleye initialization failed"

(same with automatic installation through installer file)

Downgraded to 94876 again, will try it again tomorrow. Running out of time.

Game is crashing everytime I try to connect to 94997 Servers... :huh:

Saying this again:

CLIENT & SERVER need both the patch and BattlEYE installation.

Is NOT backwards compatible.

Your players probably got BE initialization because they hadnt run the BE patch.

Recommend getting this working asap, as tomorrow will probably have a mandatory update.

Followed the OP instructions and all working fine here, Thanks. :)

Hey DayZ devs.

Can't you guys put your root down and say from this point forward, everyone needs to be on x version of Beta, x version of DayZ and x version of BattleEye? So far, you guys only mandate the version of DayZ, there are servers out there with different versions of Beta and BattleEye and the regular folks like myself aren't 100% sure what the hell we should be running to give you guys proper feedback.

This is getting confusing as hell.

• Like 6

Ok, so I ran the installer and verified the md5sums.

The http://www.battleye.com/download.html says the md5sums are as follows:

v1.61.94945+

However, after running the installer, my md5sums were:

BEClient.dll - f71c5a39d92d264f3b0905c0227b4a21

BEServer.dll - 40ed9dba5958b239323199e470b000c3

So somehow, the BEClient.dll installed by the installer and the file available for manual install at the website are not of the same version. Which one do I use?

Edited by Vitdom

Hey DayZ devs.

Can't you guys put your root down and say from this point forward, everyone needs to be on x version of Beta, x version of DayZ and x version of BattleEye? So far, you guys only mandate the version of DayZ, there are servers out there with different versions of Beta and BattleEye and the regular folks like myself aren't 100% sure what the hell we should be running to give you guys proper feedback.

This is getting confusing as hell.

Check here > http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php Put this in your favorites, The green bar at the top is always the latest Arma II beta patch, Check this every day at least.

As for the latest DayZ version, Just keep an eye on the "DayZ Announcements" section of the forums here > http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/4-dayz-announcements/ ... Easy peasy. :)

Edited by ATOJAR

updated client and server BattlEye dlls and still stuck at Waiting for host.

Check here > http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php Put this in your favorites, The green bar at the top is always the latest Arma II beta patch, Check this every day at least.

As for the latest DayZ version, Just keep an eye on the "DayZ Announcements" section of the forums here > http://dayzmod.com/f...-announcements/ ... Easy peasy. :)

No not easy peasy. I know that site, but the previous Beta and DayZ did not work together. Sure, I could just download the latest Beta, but then I get burned and have to roll back because the devs only tested on a certain version combination. I want the devs, not community folks, to tell me what versions we should be running and it should be mandated across all servers with the exception of dev servers to test nightly builds. You may be comfortable testing on the latest and greatest, but it all goes to crap when your latest breaks the mod.

• Like 4

i think ill wait till the mandatory patch tomorrow lol

You may be comfortable testing on the latest and greatest, but it all goes to crap when your latest breaks the mod.

Dude its an alpha! We are meant to be testing & reporting bugs ... Its a alpha ..... Things WILL break! ... I accept that, I don't give a shite lol.

• Like 2