Devmagic

Zombie Survival My A***

Only a few days in but is it me or does it seem that those who play the game as its genre depicted seem to be the only ones who cant get anywhere (unless you have a team of 10 or so). Been trying to enjoy the game via patching vehicles, building bases, teamwork etc. and just when it seems everything is going well, BAM! a sniper shot from your routine supermarket sweep ends your life and makes it almost impossible to get back to where you were. I just feel that the game has been taken over by those who have no interest in zombies or even survivng but getting whatever amazing sniper rifle they can get (sometimes even in teams) and just ruining everyone else good time. I understand that bandits make the experience more challenging, but for a game with no real end goal i feel i am just wasting my time and wits playing this with no reward....at all. Anyone feel the same way, or have i just missed the point of this game altogether?

• Like 15

Im sorry to say this, but that's DAYZ! You'll be doing your routine NWAF raid then 2 cars drive into the airfield... or you get sniped

I agree, it reminds me of Halo 3:

-Map starts

-Everyone rushes for the power weapons

-Team with them dominates

-Cheer, clap, and hump each other repeatedly

Except this time around if you stick your head out, you're doomed.

Only a few days in but is it me or does it seem that those who play the game as its genre depicted seem to be the only ones who cant get anywhere (unless you have a team of 10 or so). Been trying to enjoy the game via patching vehicles, building bases, teamwork etc. and just when it seems everything is going well, BAM! a sniper shot from your routine supermarket sweep ends your life and makes it almost impossible to get back to where you were. I just feel that the game has been taken over by those who have no interest in zombies or even survivng but getting whatever amazing sniper rifle they can get (sometimes even in teams) and just ruining everyone else good time. I understand that bandits make the experience more challenging, but for a game with no real end goal i feel i am just wasting my time and wits playing this with no reward....at all. Anyone feel the same way, or have i just missed the point of this game altogether?

Oh another person saying how lame the game is. That's original. Can't we put a tag on these threads and just combine them? People should use the search function. OUT OF CONTROL SON!

• Like 4

Adapt to survive, you know the scenario of how you get slotted!!

Find other ways, eg. I rarely use supermarkets now when I can find ponds and animals

Tell me, do you think the game would be fun at all without that sniper? Would it be fun if there was no threat to you whatsoever except easy to fool/kill zombies? Would it really feel that good fixing up that vehicle when you know there was no one and nothing standing in your way from doing it? There was no tension, no need to check your six, no real reason to play with a friend because no one is out to kill you so who needs someone to watch your six?

It sucks dying. It's supposed to. It's supposed to feel bad, to feel frustrating. Learn from it, and don't make the same mistake again. You can always avoid it if you are careful and pick your moments, even playing solo.

I recently lost one of my best survivors to a sniper, and it was because I got too hasty in checking out a town I had heard shooting in trying to find a target. It got me and a friend of mine killed. I learned from it. Learn from your mistakes.

EDIT: Honestly bro, you have kind of missed the point of the game. But it's okay, it's not lost yet. Just stop this line of thinking now, and instead learn how to better yourself to deal with it. Some people won't play like you. Some people will kill you for no reason. Be prepared for this, instead of crying about it or saying it's a bad thing.

Edited by Sephka
  • Like 9

Ah poor little baby got sniped.

It's not hard to survive and zombies are jokes. So the only thing left to do is pvp. I got1 00 zombie 8 murders 3 bandits and I plan on killing more I hope you will be next.

• Like 1

DayB Mod.

Welcome to chernarus.

A 225 km2 open world Deatchmatch state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown bandits which has wiped out most of the world's survivors. You are one of the few who have ran fast enough and now you must search this new deathmatch state in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous survivors, now bandits with the sniper rifles.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

• Like 2

scpecially when you get killed when you don't even have a can of beans on you, no water, no weapons.

I get it people illing other people for loot, but when you are empty it get old fast.

See now half these responses bring up decent points, the other half just seem to jump on the insult train without reading into what im saying. See now i am currently studying games design and so understand the core dynamics and elements that are installed into each title released in order to make it worthwhile, now all im saying is that this game isn't what it says on the tin. I see and read and hear zombie survival, yet it has very little to do with surviving from the zombies themselves. I don't recall whining about being killed, just for once id like it to involve an actual gunfight or something rather than a loud bang and a character reset, and this can happen at anytime regardless of location. The sniper rifles (and yes i have also used them) i find are making the game quite unbalanced especially (and i have read this) when there are players out there who are happy to lie down in a bush or on a rooftop for hours on end killing every noob or whatever that comes their way,, and they don't do it for loot or even to survive but just the tingly sensation they get to feel whilst they fap over their latest kill. Im not saying that this is a bad game, hell i still enjoy it, all im saying is that they got the advertisement wrong. Next time you respond to a a negative view try analyzing and responding accordingly rather than call people names like schoolkids.

• Like 4

Tell me, do you think the game would be fun at all without that sniper? Would it be fun if there was no threat to you whatsoever except easy to fool/kill zombies? Would it really feel that good fixing up that vehicle when you know there was no one and nothing standing in your way from doing it? There was no tension, no need to check your six, no real reason to play with a friend because no one is out to kill you so who needs someone to watch your six?

It sucks dying. It's supposed to. It's supposed to feel bad, to feel frustrating. Learn from it, and don't make the same mistake again. You can always avoid it if you are careful and pick your moments, even playing solo.

I recently lost one of my best survivors to a sniper, and it was because I got too hasty in checking out a town I had heard shooting in trying to find a target. It got me and a friend of mine killed. I learned from it. Learn from your mistakes.

EDIT: Honestly bro, you have kind of missed the point of the game. But it's okay, it's not lost yet. Just stop this line of thinking now, and instead learn how to better yourself to deal with it. Some people won't play like you. Some people will kill you for no reason. Be prepared for this, instead of crying about it or saying it's a bad thing.

+1

Have my beans sir.

• Like 1

I agree. I got into this game because i thought it would be a zombie survival sim, not a glorified deathmatch.

It's a shame too, because i really enjoy the gameplay.

Edited by M&M
  • Like 3

Zombie Survival Mod.

Let's take a quick glance at some of the other mediums out there that also provide a similar experience.

Romero's of the Dead series.

We have our zombies. Dawn of the Dead: Survivors trying to stay alive and fortifying a shopping mall with only a helicopter access point, then we have the bandits who break in to steal, plunder and pillage everything.

Day of the Dead: Survivors banding together to find a cure, half slowly being driven into insanity by the increasing emotional trauma and looming defeat.

Land of the Dead: Zombies have essentially taken over the world, Survivors scavenging for supplies while one group decides instead to take for themselves rather than be a worker/team.

Gaming has the same in nearly all ways, Dead Island has psychos, bandits and other human threats, Dead Rising has psychopaths.

So shall we classify each bandit into it's own group.

Kill for Supplies: Uncaring Survivor.

Kill for Boredom: Psychotic Survivor.

Kill for defense: Cautious Survivor.

Point is in nearly every single medium their are both zombies and survivors to deal with, Day Z just puts it onto a non scripted scale with a much larger location.

I'd have quit a few days after starting if all i could kill or be killed by were zombies, cause let's face it, in any medium of the zombie survival storyline, the zombies are the minor threat, it's the other survivors that are the major threats to safety.

Edited by Momiji
  • Like 3

I agree, it reminds me of Halo 3:

-Map starts

-Everyone rushes for the power weapons

-Team with them dominates

-Cheer, clap, and hump each other repeatedly

Except this time around if you stick your head out, you're doomed.

Your talking out of your arse.

See now half these responses bring up decent points, the other half just seem to jump on the insult train without reading into what im saying. See now i am currently studying games design and so understand the core dynamics and elements that are installed into each title released in order to make it worthwhile, now all im saying is that this game isn't what it says on the tin. I see and read and hear zombie survival, yet it has very little to do with surviving from the zombies themselves. I don't recall whining about being killed, just for once id like it to involve an actual gunfight or something rather than a loud bang and a character reset, and this can happen at anytime regardless of location. The sniper rifles (and yes i have also used them) i find are making the game quite unbalanced especially (and i have read this) when there are players out there who are happy to lie down in a bush or on a rooftop for hours on end killing every noob or whatever that comes their way,, and they don't do it for loot or even to survive but just the tingly sensation they get to feel whilst they fap over their latest kill. Im not saying that this is a bad game, hell i still enjoy it, all im saying is that they got the advertisement wrong. Next time you respond to a a negative view try analyzing and responding accordingly rather than call people names like schoolkids.

The thing about Armed Assault...y'know the 'game' that Day Z is based upon is that its not actually a game at all... Its a military simulator. Ergo Day Z and ARMA needn't have gameplay mechanics or balancing issues because the experience would not hold any realism otherwise...

...And that's what were all here for isn't it? A realistic survival experience.

Sure there are other games out there that fill the horror survival catagory better than Day Z. STALKER and Dead Island are both prime examples. Perhaps those games are likely to scratch the particular itch you are looking for from this genre.

I myself much prefer the realism. Knowing that every careless move, every rash action, mis-thought error can be my last. That's life. Thats survival. Its not fair... I might not even be fun to some people, but for me it envokes some primal emotions that games have simply failed to do in the passed couple of years. The only other game whose perma-death made me terrified of dying was EverQuest... back in 1998... But EVE is also the type of game that throws its power to the player base. Like those - Day Z teaches me more about our nature more than any other game has done where the environments are sanitised and 'fair'.

Doing HND Game Development myself, I consider Day Z to be as much of a game as I did Dear Esther. That is that I didn't - they were experiences I wanted, and was willing to part my money with. This hardcore survival isn't for everyone - hence the constant gripes on this forum from the kids that simply just don't get it.

Edited by ScramUK
  • Like 5

With all due respect, you're putting too much faith in a mod. DayZ has everything going against it for the true survival gameplay.

Rocket does not believe in balance, and won't intervene if there's even an artificial glass ceiling.

It's a mod designed around a buggy FPS which is solely based on just a more drawn out Team Deathmatch, the only difference being gimmicky realism based fantasy (magic healing anyone?)

It's also catering to a community that ONLY cares about killing for fun. There is no survival.

You're just going to have to wait for someone to make a spinoff of DayZ that actually has survival in it, but then it will be boring to most.

What you're looking for is a co-op Stalker, because then the AI won't shoot you on sight. It's sad that a computer controlled AI has more humanity than a human being, but that's what happens when PvP enters the fantasy realm of no loss.

Edited by Virfortis
  • Like 3

You are correct in that there really is no end game and no goal. I make my own goals. My new pasttime is as a car thief! I find the hoarded vehicles and steal them along with all the supplies from the camp that I can pack into the truck. I then drive to the coast (usually from way up north) and then park the truck near the beach full of goodies. I shoot out the tires so it can't go anywhere without extensive repeairs.

Free stuff for noobs and the recently respawned! Just open the cargo "gear" and take what you need.

Those snipers almost universally hang out around Cherno and Elektro. They do this because they know noobs and fools will go there. Don't. Just don't go there. Ever. No point in it unless you like dying. How many times do you need to get sniped to realize it's a bad idea to be anywhere near those places if you want to play the survivor role?

Take 10 minutes and run inland. Follow the roads or power lines if you must. Just leave the coast and stop crying when someone snipes you in the most populated part of the map.

I know how frustrating it can be to get killed out of no where but it's part of the game and easy to avoid by changing how you play.

It wasnt like this before. If you play this game more than a month, you know what I mean. around 70% people WERENT shooting on sight because there was bandit skin/ survivor skin. Bandits had hard times back then. I had the bandit skin because I was a jerk and I worked hard to get the survivor skin back...and then there was no bandit skin anymore. I liked the game much more when there were bandit/survivor skins..you can hate me for that. Yeah it was unrealistic but I personally dont give a shit because this is a videogame. Anyone who thinks that people would shoot on sight if zombie apocalypse happened are assholes because that just wouldnt happen, people wouldnt want to die right...dayZ is just deathmatch on a big map now. I remember when I visited Elektro for the first time..teamed up with like 4 people...no one was shooting anyone.....and well, a lot of assholes bought ARMA when it became popular..like this dude above me.

Edited by Jimmy McNulty
  • Like 4

If you can't get to where your stash is at...then maybe you just suck?

I can get to Berezino in one life with nothing but the starting kit on my back and thats it. Get supplies when I get to Berenzino and bing-bam-boom, back to normal like I never died.