Goldstein (DayZ)

A definitive end-game discussion. Experiences & Opinions.

This seems to be the point everyone is coming to. Whether newbie/lone wolf/bandit/grouped up/carebear.

The general point is either "What will I do?", "What do I do now?" or "What do I want to do?".

What is your end-game experience so far, and what would keep you playing DayZ? I'd like to make a poll eventually once there are some rough ideas of how people want to continue their gameplay. I'm curious because there seems to be a common trend among most players, yet a lot of discussed feature suggestions aren't focussed in that direction.

2 months from now, hypothetically still playing DayZ where any feature is possible, where do you see yourself in the world ideally?

------

Myself:

I'm a lone wolf, I enjoy it. But am trying to get more people into DayZ.. therefore I am a carebear lone wolf. A lot of high end military gear, camp site raiding, etc. have no meaning to my style. I teach people how to survive, then GTFO. I enjoy it, but it won't keep me hooked because my demands are quite low and easily satisfied.

My ideal endgame is somewhere that I'm equally threatened by people, zombies and wildlife. My cautiousness is paid off by helping others and building a reputation, and the ability to interract with them without certain death. I don't wish to base build or fortify, I hope to explore and find loot others wouldn't find because of this (not a fan of farming or predictable drops) and possibly unearth easter eggs within the game that could have a profound effect on others, and modify their behaviour towards me.

• Like 1

i play with a small group, end game id liek a large one, able to field 10 guys, with two fire teams. i want to be able to have our mobiel camp, build our stockpiles to replenish lost of death goods. be able to move into a city and hold if for a day or so, just looting, stockpiling. eventually when rocket adds in player fortifacations, move into a more permanate situation.

perhaps after we establish ourselves on whatever server we make home on, we become big enough to take and hold some portion of the map permantly, and lay claim to surrounding loot areas, maybe another group will follow suite and make home elsewhere. i would love for it to grow into a realistic evolution of society. currently were all nomads, eventually with enough force we can settle, with that we can from a localized economy, a form of goverment, maybe one day people will wish to hire us for reason, need an air field escourt? we take a hefty percentage of the loot. need particular ammo? we need blood packs.

maybe we will get so big, or prominate that players seek sanctuary within our borders, they seek to safly loot our towns, under our guards, perhaps they will pay a tax for this service. maybe one day my group will lay down its days of adventure, becoming poloticians. we will have people who depend on our supplies to the point of performing jobs, we no longer have to loot, we dictate who does, and the will be paid how we see fit.. laws will be born, a police unit forms. we can reliable field a flow of players of around 20+ at any time. our numbers stay on the server high enough that only another equal sized group could ever hope to do any harmt o us, but they would have their own soceity across the map, maybe diplomacy will be born. the bandits will try to test us, there will be blood shed, but there will be a point where our men are not dying often, and when they do that dont lose anything, a helicopter will pick them up at shore, and their equipment will wait for them, the bandit will spawn at cherno, and struggle with the world outside our walls.

yes i know how unlikely that sounds, but the game mechanics are all there, its all possible, it could happen. and if were talking about theoretical end games, why not shoot big.

• Like 3

The term "end-game" should never apply to something like DayZ. That in my opinion, and that is my only opinion on the subject.

• Like 1

The term "end-game" should never apply to something like DayZ. That in my opinion, and that is my only opinion on the subject.

There is undeniably a ceiling we all hit. This is more about avoiding that and continuing on without hitting it (at least consciously) So any and all opinions are good.. even if the term shouldn't apply.

Hello there

I regularly hit my "endgame" ceiling once I have the average kit that can enable me to survive esentially *forever*.

Like the OP "l33t" kit is nice but not of a high import to me.

Then it's just a case of avoiding players and zeds and restocking as one goes along.

with the advent of KOS becoming the norm and global chat being dismissed I now tend to Lonewolf as I don't trust anyone.

I'm not paranoid, it's just that everyone wants to kill me...

It would be nice if there was some kind of construction routine built in to enable folk to woodcraft etc as this might tempt folk towards a virtual economy which could balance up the gameplay without forcing anyone down a specific path. Bandits could still be bandits and carebears could be carebears and the rest of us could carry on as normal.

Combat / or the threat of it would still be key, but at least there could be a framework to hang it on whilst at the moment there is little incentive for many players to do anything other than KOS.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Currently, I play with 2 buddies of mine from real life. We trust no one outside our 3 man group. The way we play at the moment involves driving from town to town, having the driver turn the engine off and keep lookout while the other 2 loot the cities/crash site/deer stand/etc as fast as possible. Since zombies don't spawn while you're in a vehicle, we take our time inside the truck and when we get out we move as fast as we can. We usually have to shoot our way out but it's fun. We rarely run into players, but lately we've had some really bad luck with bugs, glitches, and hackers and have had to start over at the shores many times.

What I would like to see: easier to meet up with my 2 buddies. At the moment we are absolutely FORCED to use vent and online maps to know where we spawn and where to meet. I'd like those things to be more available to people spawning so it's easier to do everything in-game and therefore more immersion.

Like Eve, there is no end-game, only a late-game, which anyone can reach at anytime regardless of experience or game time. (due to having connections with others in the late-game)

The late-game in this is chaotic unless you're just sitting on your ass, and even then you can wake up to a pillaged camp with some vehicles missing and the rest blown up.

Real end game is to start a fresh character with only a crowbar and a crossbow, and trying to be a successful bandit.

Real end game is to start a fresh character with only a crowbar and a crossbow, and trying to be a successful bandit.

sounds a lot like Half-Life 1.

but still. Players experiences & opinions. Because it's kind of important, and can lead to a discussion that is actually useful and insightful.

Honestly? I kinda wanna just wander.. Meet friendlies... Explore and scavenge cool stuff. And just survive. I might drifit off to another game in time, but i'll bet you dollars to donuts that I'll be back...

hehe 'I'll be back'