Mungaloid

War on banditry!!! Join the fight!!!

and what if he simply finds a cz and does the same thing. true its not a perfect plan and some of those suppiles will end up in the hands of bandits but ill ask you what are you trying to do to change things? the primary issue at the beach is the difficulty that many have in procuring weapons. we can help them if we try.an example if i find a large camp. I have no need for 20 rifles in 6 vehicles between 2 people so i take what i need and want and ditch the excess for anyone to use and if its for rearming purposes once I've rearmed from my personally stock which at this point is tiny and continue playing i find more weapons easily afterwards and still don't need a large stock pile of surpluses. like i said in my topic post its an attempt. do you have any ideas that doesn't require rocket to recode and change the game?

I'm not doing anything because I don't care about bandits because if I die, more power to them. They bested me and got what they fought for if I cant defend myself I'm not going to cry about it. But arming people on the beach with military grade weapons doesnt really sound like its fixing anything.

I'm not doing anything because I don't care about bandits because if I die, more power to them. They bested me and got what they fought for if I cant defend myself I'm not going to cry about it. But arming people on the beach with military grade weapons doesnt really sound like its fixing anything.

no indeed im not saying that there anything wrong with being a bandit at all. if not for bandits the game would become boring fairly quickly. and yeah handing out the hardware might not help very much, it may either increase or significantly decrease the survival of some. but worse case scenario the beaches become more interesting and colourful then they already are. cant reallly make it any worse right? but it might atleast be more fun for the new spawns maybe. imagine how you would feel if the like the third time you spawned a shine new pickup with some cool toys just happened to be right beside you and you had a score to settle with that sniper in cherno. or watching a bunch new spawns axe fight for the truck. if it doesnt help make bandits lives harder. it should still bring a level of entertainment for some people outside of the expect norms of. "oh shit oh shit zombie horde chasing me damn this flashlight" or "holy shit snip......" You are dead.

Yeah. Well. I mean unless you count death. Then, you know, there's definitely a tangible, negative repercussion in both the short and long term.

Bandits die more often than survivors.

But let me guess, death isn't enough for you? They need a spanking too, right?

As well as, you know, hauling 10km north and searching for helis / raiding NW airfield, And then dying to a Lee Enfield that does 12.5k per shot (1 shot in any part of the body will down a player, if not outright kill them) while a military grade m4 CCO is 3500/s at a lesser range.

There are tools to counter bandits in this game, survivors just don't use them. They're just greedy bastards that move through building to building expecting no danger (Please, zombies pose 0 threat in buildings currently) while getting gear. I have 2 wookie kills under my belt in elektro starting as a fresh character after a death, with an enfield. And one CQC bandit kill with a 1911. (Wookie being ghillie suit + full tool belt + AS50).

Bandits are not cyborgs, they're not the Predator with a heat sight (Ok they used to be with an l85 but at decent ranges only),they can't watch everything. Flank,outrange, outmaneuver. Just don't ghost, nobody likes assholes.

P.S Yes I shoot on sight. Yes I shoot for fun when I get bored. But I'm also the bandit that leaves tons of good loot in a tent on a clearly visible spot in elektro that gets looted every day to help the new spawns out a bit because sometimes loot is a bitch. I give them the tools, its up to them to use them against me.

Play however you want, but don't label and assume other players are 'bandits' just because they have multiple cars or stock up on supplies.

You're not a hero though, you're just a dick. Taking others gear and vehicles they've obviously worked hard for and giving it to undeserving noobs who have just spawned.

Nah it doesn't make him a dick. This is an open world do what you want game. And if he wants to be an urban robinhood, more power to him.

Edited by Sinte

Yay, lets battle fire with fire! *hands matches*

That basically the idea. some people will find the supplies useful and move inland others will make the beach even more of a warzone my thoughts were burn it to the ground, either the bandits camps or the whole beach. cut off the bandits restock supplies so that hanging out down there becomes too risky or by mistake make the beach so deadly that they would be nuts to even try it, either way it would be a change.

Rocket says its up to players to get a handle on banditry yet he gives us no tools to do so. When people make suggestions we just get shouted down with the "its part of the game" bullshit. So were left with little choice but to raid camps of "hoarders" and assum theyre bandits. If Rocket and the team would hold a serious open discussion with the goal of giving us THE PLAYERS some simple tools to fight the bandits. This is something alot of us want. It would give me a reason to start playing again.

Oh really?

ohreally.png

Keep in mind most firefights in this game are <500 because people can't shoot for shit with bullet drop because this isn't CoD. And Enfield barely needs any compensation past its effective range for bullet drop. You should try sniping people with it some time, its highly effective.

What is this, neighborhood watch 2.0? Ridiculous! You either take this game way too seriously if you honestly believe doing what the OP proposed is even necessary or you are just bad at DayZ.

I'm gonna hunt the shit out of you guys, even though I never killed anybody for no reason. You deserve to die in this game and every additional bandit pointing his ironsights at you is one more person fighting the good fight.

Nah it doesn't make him a dick. This is an open world do what you want game. And if he wants to be an urban robinhood, more power to him.

LMAO perfect. thank you. i just spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Oh really?

ohreally.png

Keep in mind most firefights in this game are <500 because people can't shoot for shit with bullet drop because this isn't CoD. And Enfield barely needs any compensation past its effective range for bullet drop. You should try sniping people with it some time, its highly effective.

If what your saying is that the answer to banditry is "shoot on site" then.....thanks for your feedback :) and for making DayZ a bore

Edited by playZ

What is this, neighborhood watch 2.0? Ridiculous! You either take this game way too seriously if you honestly believe doing what the OP proposed is even necessary or you are just bad at DayZ.

I'm gonna hunt the shit out of you guys, even though I never killed anybody for no reason. You deserve to die in this game and every additional bandit pointing his ironsights at you is one more person fighting the good fight.

no i dont take the game very seriously i just feel that many have a problem with bandits and i would like to help them by changing things up a bit. Also Everyone playing this game is in the crosshairs of a bandit otherwise this wouldn't be worth doing in the slightest. plus i want the bandit to stay and spread out abit from the coast the mainland is mostly empty and theres plenty of people to hunt up here. If people can get off the coast more often the whole map would become more interesting. generally half the population of most servers are stuck at the beach and the rest of the map is huge and barren.obiviously the death toll on the coast isnt alll because of bandits but im sure its pretty significant with all the crying post on these forums. oh and we're game, hunt us all you like, were not at all against killing players if there a justifiable reason.

Bandits don't need a camp full of supplies. They get their supplies from other players and bandits. Your just ruining the hoarders supply which is still cool in my book.

Bandits don't need a camp full of supplies. They get their supplies from other players and bandits. Your just ruining the hoarders supply which is still cool in my book.

rob from rich give to the poor lol. maybe some of the hoarders will get pissed of and go bandit hunting because we robbed their shit. lol we stole it but its their fault go get'em.

Nah it doesn't make him a dick. This is an open world do what you want to game.

You're forgetting the "zombie apocalypse" part of the mod.

... plus i want the bandit to stay and spread out a bit from the coast the mainland is mostly empty and there's plenty of people to hunt up there.

Hey, hey, don't give them any ideas! :D (just kidding)

So put simply this isn't even a war on banditry?

i have been doing this, but it gets me kicked most of the time... actually its the only thing im doing now, giving bandits a reason to kill me... but the funny thing since ive started doing this i havent run into a single bandit...

trust me there are no "good" people that hide away vehicles with a shitload of bloodbags etc... its either bandits, or clans with their skypes and what have ya.... :lol:

i have been doing this, but it gets me kicked most of the time... actually its the only thing im doing now, giving bandits a reason to kill me... but the funny thing since ive started doing this i havent run into a single bandit...

Thats because you have become the monster you are hunting. Nice feeling isn't it? Finding a nice tent full of goodies. Sure, go ahead, say its justice, make yourself feel better. Tell yourself it has to be a bandit camp. In the end, we're all the same. :)

So put simply this isn't even a war on banditry?

sure it is the people need arms to fight a revolution,and seeing as everyone is allready shooting everyone for the most part. I'm not exactly going to ask survivors to go hunt people that part is up to them. if they wanted to killed people they already would be doing so. you cant fight a conventional war against the bandits so you have to go about it a different way, because anyone could be a bandit there is no specific, "here is you target go get destroy them"

Thats because you have become the monster you are hunting. Nice feeling isn't it? Finding a nice tent full of goodies. Sure, go ahead, say its justice, make yourself feel better. Tell yourself it has to be a bandit camp. In the end, we're all the same. :)

Depends on how you define a bandit when the world gone to shit everyone steals. I preceivce anyone who take things at gunpoint or by force and kills whomever, whenever for supplies and then stock them for future acts of aggression for personal gain or to kill for enjoyment is a bandit. A lone survivor or small group of survivors that happen upon a tent. Loot it the same way they would a loot spawn and generally leave the area shortly there after. Passively stealling to survive. If that same group stumbled upon a tent with the onwer present and kill him and then loot the tent, or lie in wait at the tent to ambush the onwer on return. Thats active banditry right there. Edited by Mungaloid

If nothing is yours bandits arent banditing anything then. Since its not yours. :)

Nothing except the lives of innocent players, which is, I believe, what the OP was upset about.

I think the guy's method needs work, but everything's got to start somewhere.

By the way, you're coming off like a real psycho. You should probably figure out what's wrong in your life before talking to other people. FYI.

Edited by Ragdrazi

If you go out to kill bandits, you become bandits by assuming everyone in XYZ situation is a bandit. If you kill a bandit, they have a camp the can just gear up in. You're also going up against superior numbers, superior equipment, and you have more difficulty than they do. They are the people that have been playing FPS games for decades. In a real situation, most Bandits would lack the discipline to effectively hold a camp, but in DayZ there is no need for such discipline.

You can fight back, but you cannot break the glass ceiling that is banditry, sorry, they are gods in this game and they can do whatever they want. They don't even have to worry about zombies like survivors do.

Quoted for truth.

Can't fight bandits with friendly words. You will become bandits by fighting them. Everyone is a bandit in the end.

Man it's true.

Hey Carebears, Want a war? Come get some.

Edited by kovalhuk