Mungaloid

War on banditry!!! Join the fight!!!

My friend and I have begun our war on bandits, but we cant do it alone. Rocket has stated that if you don't like the rampant pvp and banditry that we must do something about it and police ourselves. While we cannot completely eliminate it, nor should we try to. We can however make it a whole lot more difficult for them. Our take on this, is to attempt to level the playing field. Basically this is achieved by simply Griefing the griefers. Searching for camps and packing as much of the gear that we dont want or need into the often camp provided bandit vehicles. Followed by running over the tents and driving the vehicles down to the southern beach. Saving and abanddoning these vehicles for any new spawns to use as they see fit and hopefully giving them a chance to fight back. Cut the bandit off from his stockpile of supplies and he's going to find it difficult to just lay on a hill outside of cherno, stary, electro, and NWAF right? The problem is that with there being only 2 of us we will never make much of a dent so we invite anyone who would like to help us in this quest to do so.We don't mean to team up and don't need to know you but if enough people are doing this it may just help...... Also yes this does indeed put our own camp at risk but it's better that our gear supplies a new spawn a means of defence, rather then just fueling more bandits as it currently will.

The easiest way to identify bandit camps is vehicle hoarding. They may also be clan/group camps.... But many clans/groups are just organized bandits and griefers. keyword: "many"

Also while some of the camps maybe legitimate survivors trying to stock up we apologize. Although look at it this way your gear may save the life of an honest survivor from the dick-in-ass coast camping bastards.

For those that would say im "butthurt" from being killed by bandits. My current character has survived 15 days and we have only started doing this because of the complaints here in the forums. I'm not bragging and, do not have the best gear by any means but, I can see in the dark...and the bandit camps will provide what I need lol. We are doing this because we want to try and change things/feel like it. Our own story right?

Those that would say this is just another form of griefing. YOUR RIGHT thats the point. But it's much better then shooting your face on the coastline because im bored/an asshole. Any attempts to rid our lands of blood thirsty idiots should be welcomed and are better then just crying about losing your precious makarovs/beans to them on the forums. Your camps will be found and robbed eventually anyways.

What are you doing about it?

TL;DR: Go find Bandit camps Take what you want/need. pack the rest of their crap into their vehicles and drive that shit to the coast and drop it off. A bandit without supplies cant camp a beach allday, and a new spawn with helicopter loot can shoot bandits back. Grief the griefers lol.

TROLLS: Hey there anonymous internet dick tasters! I know you don't care what I think, keep in mind it's mutual. Go eat a bullet and remove youselves from the gene pool please. lol <---- Use this as a generic response to any and all wastes of: text, gifs, jpegs, etc., and time. Go fuck youselves. Thank you. .l.. ..l.

• Like 10

But...what if we become the very things we set out to destroy?

• Like 15

Quoted for truth.

Can't fight bandits with friendly words. You will become bandits by fighting them. Everyone is a bandit in the end.

• Like 6

Hello there

I understand the aspect Rocket is trying to achieve with making the world self policing, but as death isn't *real* the greifers will always, always win.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Dude? destroy my camps and Ill be pissed and im not a bandit. I need my camp to get back on my fee when I get killed by a bandit

How about we start naming our servers. hosted by... ANTIBANDIT

the more antibandit ppl we have playing in our servers the better our odds of keeping them out. but ultimately.. You cant be safe. really sucks.

• Like 1

they

Chances are they are going to anyways so why not start now and continue to do so they will get theirs too when they turn to the darkside. lol

This is a start good to see someone is actually wanting to take action. Believe me when I say I support you, but I also want to say the idea shouldn't to be getting rid of banditry, as it is another element to the game. But banditry should be killing others for their goods, not spawn camping and just killing anyone and everyone, that's just plain death matching and serves no purpose in the game.

Edited by Chevyrulzs2010
  • Like 3

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you.

Challenge accepted

Edited by Yeung-Jin
  • Like 2

The easiest way to identify bandit camps is vehicle hoarding.

Yes! Too right! Because survivors totally just give their vehicles away to random people on the street out of the kindness of their hearts.

People are just so cute sometimes with this stuff.

• Like 3

This is a start good to see someone is actually wanting to take action. Believe me when I say I support you, but I also want to say the idea shouldn't to be getting rid of banditry, as it is another element to the game. But banditry should be killing others for their goods, not spawn camping and just killing anyone and everyone, that's just plain death matching and serves no purpose in the game.

Indeed and I also don't want to see banditry eliminated, just to make it harder to be a bandit.

Dude? destroy my camps and Ill be pissed and im not a bandit. I need my camp to get back on my fee when I get killed by a bandit

How about we start naming our servers. hosted by... ANTIBANDIT

the more antibandit ppl we have playing in our servers the better our odds of keeping them out. but ultimately.. You cant be safe. really sucks.

Maybe youll get lucky and your stuff will be at the coast waiting for you lol.

Good luck with that. Considering there is no "stopping" a bandit.

Exactly dude. I gave you my beans. Deathmatch sucks. and that is what this game has become with zombies thrown in. This game should be TeamVsTeam. 1 bandit slot for every 10 survivor slot.

I live most of the time in the dense forest almost at the edge of the map up north with all the essential supplies i need, popping zombies from time to time with no bandits/griefers/sniper trolls to worry about. Killing just makes you a bandit yourself as you might end up killing a friendly/survivor by accident( which adds murder count to your stats) If you see me as carrying a sniper rifle walking about, does that make me a bandit? How do you know I'm not just going about my business looting? I'm fine by the idea of policing the game but it needs to be a large group full of trusted friends that does not abuse their power... and most of the time it happens. Have you heard of the JLA group( an independent police group for griefers that went over the line) on Second Life that cause a person to commit suicide rl by trolling his home and family for being a griefer, keeping rl information of members through hacks and IP farming?

Edited by leeo38
  • Like 1

Hello there

I understand the aspect Rocket is trying to achieve with making the world self policing, but as death isn't *real* the greifers will always, always win.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Rgds

LoK

No, you are right.

It is currently far far easier to play as a bandit than as a survivor. Survivors have to constantly make extremely difficult choices very quickly, when engaging with other players. Bandits do not at all. They make one choice when they log in and then it's basically pretty easy for them outside of the shooting itself. And they always have the advantage in that they'll always choose to shoot first.

Currently there are no mechanics in place to make playing as a bandit as difficult as playing as a survivor. It's far easier and far more efficient to farm both spawns AND other players. There is almost no downside to playing as a bandit. There are no tangible, negative repercussions in either short nor long term.

To me, that is the flaw in the system. The greatest strength of the mod, the intense choices about interacting with other players in a zombie-infested environment, becomes largely irrelevant if you make the decision to simply kill all other players.

We are doing the same. But in a different way. Instead of making those unredeemable bandits lives a living hell. We try to make it a friendlier place by not shooting on sight without due cause. The best way to stop this bandit plague is by hitting it at the source. New players.

The Anti-Bandits Steam Group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TAB-DayZ

There is almost no downside to playing as a bandit. There are no tangible, negative repercussions in either short nor long term.

Yeah. Well. I mean unless you count death. Then, you know, there's definitely a tangible, negative repercussion in both the short and long term.

Bandits die more often than survivors.

But let me guess, death isn't enough for you? They need a spanking too, right?

• Like 3

Yeah. Well. I mean unless you count death. Then, you know, there's definitely a tangible, negative repercussion in both the short and long term.

Bandits die more often than survivors.

But let me guess, death isn't enough for you? They need a spanking too, right?

50 lashes and crown of thorns.

I live most of the time in the dense forest almost at the edge of the map up north with all the essential supplies i need, popping zombies from time to time with no bandits/griefers/sniper trolls to worry about. Killing just makes you a bandit yourself as you might end up killing a friendly/survivor by accident( which adds murder count to your stats) If you see me as carrying a sniper rifle walking about, does that make me a bandit? How do you know I'm not just going about my business looting?

because a sniper rifle is the worse weapon to fight zombies with if you plan to loot. they respawn quickly and indefinetly meaning its a waste of ammo to try and clear them. its also pretty much a dinner bell for zeds and really only good for 2 things warning a town of you presence and killing players.

because a sniper rifle is the worse weapon to fight zombies with if you plan to loot. they respawn quickly and indefinetly meaning its a waste of ammo to try and clear them. its also pretty much a dinner bell for zeds and really only good for 2 things warning a town of you presence and killing players.

Sadly I'm no bandit( and will never be) so you're going to kill anyways for owning a sniper rifle? I don't need to kill zeds to loot, if you learn their pattern it's easy to get past them in the cities.

That is why war on banditry will fail and you'll end up doing more damage than helping.

Edited by leeo38

We are also doing something similar, war on snipers. We're trying to learn all the most used sniper spots, approaches to their positions.

Only worked once so far :S - We'll get there though. Don't worry we don't snipe randoms trying to loot, just people sat in ambush.