mccullxch

Stary Sobor a waste of time?

I've currently went to Stary Sobor twice now and once I reach the tents I seemed to get sniped.

I happened to arrive at the tents of a server with only myself in it, saw a few people join so I thought "They won't be near the tents".

Turns out 2 of the 4 players were spawned at Stary Sobor with sniper rifles, as soon as they saw me they killed me for a Winchester and then logged out.

I honestly don't see the point in bandits killing people if they're not even looting, honestly so stupid and frustrating.

I feel as if I am better just running around with an Enfield or Winchester as it takes so much requirements to get to Stary Sobor then "Compass,Map,Hunting knife,hatchet,watch" to thenfind out there are bandits camping ready to kill you anyway.

Edited by Ryzo

Don't even bother going there, its not even worth it. Especially since its always being watched by a sniper.

That's life my man, in a real apoc people are not going to be so kind. Devolution.

Don't even bother going there, its not even worth it. Especially since its always being watched by a sniper.

Is there any point in looking for any military gear seeing as all the hotspots are being watched by people with snipers?

• Like 3

Is there any point in looking for any military gear seeing as all the hotspots are being watched by people with snipers?

You can find military grade equipment in dear stands. Chances are people don't watch the dear stands.
  • Like 1

I've found two M14's and two Coyote Backpacks there so far.

Only been shot once too, that was actually in the grocery store and over an Alice pack though.

Edited by BadKarma033

Try Berezino if you find Stary too dangerous...

I personally wouldn't go to the Stary or the NW airfield unless I had a sniper rifle and spent time checking the surrounding hiding places out. Deer stands are excellent locations and the remote ones aren't likely to be camped.

You can find military grade equipment in dear stands. Chances are people don't watch the dear stands.

Last server I was on the Deer Stand near Stary had a sniper in it camping a tent in the middle of one of the open fields.

Try Berezino if you find Stary too dangerous...

I personally wouldn't go to the Stary or the NW airfield unless I had a sniper rifle and spent time checking the surrounding hiding places out. Deer stands are excellent locations and the remote ones aren't likely to be camped.

Sounds like my next plan, appreciate the comment.

Last server I was on the Deer Stand near Stary had a sniper in it camping a tent in the middle of one of the open fields.

Because it was next to stary...
  • Like 1

There are around 15 deer stands reachable within about an hour if you go up the West side above Kamenka, onto Bor and so on.

They all spawn military gear.

Or perhaps you should spend your time looking for Heli crash sites.

If you just run into the tents without actually looking to see if anyone is there, you deserve to die.

hint: don't go to the tents.

Stary sobor has one of the best shop locations for hitting from the south west.

If you look at a map, the tents can be sniped from the North-west all the way to the south-east, and from forests.

I'd say even the NW airfield is safer than Stary sobor. Plus people can spawn near there..

Go at night. Unless someone has NVG's you have to be unlucky. I've been a few times and picked up some good loot but i've never done a run during the day. The tents are too open and there are sniper spots everywhere.

Risk vs Reward, i'm afraid. For Military loot though i find Deerstands much better.

Well, yes, if you want better guns.

My advice? Go with a group, go to a low pop server, and go at night. This best increases your odds of survival. I managed to sneak in and out of NWAF the other day and got away with a M4A3 CCO. But if you want a wee bit less risk, check for chopper crashes on, again, low pop servers. Snipers will still camp them, but given their random and rare appearances, they're less likely to be watched. They'll be full of zombies, though.

Nothing at Stary worth having. It will take you 3 hours of loot cycling to get anything decent and even then, it's not even some of the best gear available.

Heck, my group and another got into a firefight just there. My two buddies had only shotties and my M4 has limited range. Guns went off and I was on overwatch but couldn't get a clear shot. One of the guys from the enemy group went down, another was wounded, and I lost both of my men. I never could get a clear shot to save them, not even to lob a grenade :(

It's generally not a safe place.

i normally hit the big loot spots during night time, on low pop. if there are between 10-15 players on a server at night, theres a much lower chance their camping all these places, and its alot harder to get spoted. as a rule of thumb military instalations and cities are off limits to me in the day time, to many people doing dumb things, the only exceptions are if the server im on happens to be low enough pop to risk it.

not worth it. just hit up deer-stands for military loot. at least the barracks have unique loot

I was sniped once at Stary after I said over the mic "dont be a faggot!" BOOM BOOM BOOM + zombies lol and the last time I went there I got mowed down by soem random dude with an AK and I looked around before he came out of no where too... Every other time I have survived I rarely die there and always seem to come out unscaved usually. So yes it is worth the risk if you want a new gun, better gun, or military ammo.

Just stopped by Stary about 11 minutes ago.

Came out with an AKM, 150 rounds, coyote backpack, GPS, morphine, a frag grenade and a few smoke grenades.

Did this while my friend covered my from the ridgeline above with an M107 constantly looking for hostiles.

I felt safe and came away with plenty of loot.

So I would say Stary is fine if you know what you're doing.

If you go there alone and expect a free ride, though, well you will get lucky but sometimes your face will get shot into mashed potatoes.

What are you guys talking about? Stary Sobor is the safest place on the map. Just take a look at the beginning of my video and you'll see how safe it is.

I dropped someone with a sniper there yesterday, got excited as it was my first victim with my sniper so I ran to loot the body. As I got to the body a sniper dropped me. What goes around comes around.