Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

What percentage of players you meet/engage Alt+F4?

Every time I try to alt+F4 out of a Valve game it doesn't work. Perhaps Rocket could just try to do what they did there to stop the alt+F4-ers, but then again, that just might be an engine-related thing that can't be changed. Hopefully it can, but maybe not.

I've never alt+F4'd when getting shot, and I haven't shot a single innocent yet, so I have yet to see an alt+F4, but I can see that its a heavy problem.

I count myself lucky, I've only had about 4 or 5 enemies ever DC on me over the month+ time I've played

Dosen't ArmA 2 have a key logger that the devs use? Rocket could probably make use of it to stop the abuse.

No need to install malware on people's PC's I think. ^^

I am on the 10 second disconnect timer boat.

Either they implented the system eve uses or disable alt+f4 obviously the latter isn't going to help... but I'm just putting out options... If people want to ruin their experience of this amazing mod then do as you please.... but keep in mind it simply shows how bad that you are.

100%.

Even the wild life are catching on...

Had a goat in my sights. Shot once, missed (I suck). About to take another shot and...THE FUCKER ALT-F4'd! SOB!

Edited by livilaNic
  • Like 2

A poll'd be good. 80% D/C when I engage and don't hit the head/or see me.

of all the people my group have ran into we have have 100's of murders between us we and maybe hit about 80% people stay, 20% log off.Then again we usually run about 2-3 people sniping with another 2-3 people using assualt rifles or smg's for the up close and personal battle

I'd say around 50%. But if you only count people with decent gear its closer to 90%

Question: If you're killed and the "You Are Dead!" splash pops up, you are free to D/C at this point right? It doesn't make your body dissapear or anything like that?

I hope not because I have definitely alt f4'd with disgust for my own horrible decisions in an engagement, aka rage quit, but not until the "You Are Dead!" screen.

Hopefully I haven't cheated any guys/gals who got the best of me. Could someone clarify here? Thanks.

So far in the 120 hours I've played I've only come across one Alt F4'er, I must be one of the lucky ones.

And I'm a terrible shot so people know I'm shooting at them

Question: If you're killed and the "You Are Dead!" splash pops up, you are free to D/C at this point right? It doesn't make your body dissapear or anything like that?

I hope not because I have definitely alt f4'd with disgust for my own horrible decisions in an engagement, aka rage quit, but not until the "You Are Dead!" screen.

Hopefully I haven't cheated any guys/gals who got the best of me. Could someone clarify here? Thanks.

Sometimes it can make the body disappear. I've seen a few people ragequit after getting killed though and their body stayed and I kept the murder.

I once killed a guy at Stary who was apparently on a crappy connection, he was warping and rubberbanding around a good bit before he stood still in a tent and I hosed him down from up on the hill with my m249. He fell to the ground, I got the murder, then see him disconnect and reconnect, and he is put back in near his body with all his gear still, and he rubberbands away before I can kill him again. I checked his corpse which was still down there and took a few things. But then when I log on the next day the murder was missing.

They don't have time to DC when i shoot them with my DMR, but sometimes I might miss if there extremely far out they'll DC immediately when they hear the bullet hit near there feet, their out faster than a fat bitch in dodgeball.

I've shot and killed about 20-30 people, I've fired on and had people run away.

I've been fired on by people that didn't hit me, I have never ever encountered someone using ALt+F4.

^^this

Rocket, please fix this. It's the #1 threat to the project right now. Firefights in DayZ are too important for people to be able to D/C instantly to avoid them.

If player cloning is an issue, be as heavy handed as you need to get around it. Put in a 15 second D/C wait timer and a 20 second mandatory wait on server join. Whatever it takes.

If you put this off it will eventually kill the mod. New players see other players do it and copy it. It'll just keep getting worse.

• Like 1

If you put this off it will eventually kill the mod. New players see other players do it and copy it. It'll just keep getting worse.

+1

I introduced a friend to the game, gave him all the best possible gear, and he died during his first firefight against a server hopper.He was so mad that he almost stopped playing. We kept going so he followed us, but I understand his rage.

Also my own team mates tell me sometimes to alt+f4 when we're fighting too many zombies. I tell them it's cheating and we have to die like men, but apparently a lot of players think it's perfectly normal to d/c and speak about it openly, as if it was a valid strategy to survive.

Edited by Kiro

rocket needs to implement some kind of benefit to team play other wise i will keep doing it, I cant look 360 degrees at every single moment I play. Therefore I am going to dc unless I have a fair chance of killing somebody. It becomes the point where I REALLY want to play a co-operative experience with total strangers in this type of scenario but at the same time there is no reason for some asshole to want to group up and not end my 10 hours of gameplay.

Edit: I do enjoy fire fights, but I also want a reason for people to group up.

Edited by go4theknees

I have to admit, I have done once before when the mod was new. But since then, I have learned it's a game, and more fun when there's danger. [insert South Park meme here]

Also, I stick in a group, so if I do get hit, my group can always get me back up. Most of the time, the encounters are not fatal for me when in a group.

Edited by Barnesy

Lets keep this thread going, we really need this thread up the top. I know you're incredibly busy Rocket, and what you've done so far is amazing, but please make this your next priority as it really ruins the whole point of the game, survival.

Yea I have have to agree. Alt+F4ing out of the game to avoid getting killed is pretty lame.

For me, the DCing (and related serverhopping) should be absolute no.1 priority features to fix.

The ability to instantly warp out of danger is killing the very core of the game. I don't care about new weapons and stuff, I really just want this fixed.

Add a 20 seconds freeze/unconcious time on logging off and logging in and the problem is fixed.

Edited by ParaB