SilverTrimm

Truth Time Rockett

TRUTH TIME

This MOD is almost 80% done (You noticed wood floats, others will build a boat)

This is a MOD, not a stand alone game. Rockett I know you want to turn this into a stand alone but its not going to happen. Your development is slow. When your in mid beta another developer with a lot more funds and resources will announce a project like this. You must understand this; yet you act like you have all the time in the world.

DayZ is nothing more then a slow call of duty with more players camping the map (The game is drowning in shallow game play and poor community)

Best place to get loot in game? Elektrozavodsk off players! The high end gear is not needed for anything in the game. The AK that spawns in the police station makes you strong enough to sit in one spot and wait for a person with better gear to run by not seeing you; as you shoot him in his back and loot him. With in 20 mins you can beat this game. With in 20 mins you realize your playing 10% of ArmA and the Zombies are just a joke to get you to play this game (Assuming your zombie fans)

This is a fun game, unless you want more (then its just frustrating)

Rockett I think you made a short fun game. Players will enjoy this game and won't even understand why. I wish you just sat down with a pen and paper prior to starting this. I hate that your game has no direction and I wonder if you will be able to figure out what are the things it needs to survive! I think I have the answer (2 note books full of notes and design plans).

#1 Problem - You thought it would be "cool" to let 15-22 year old to make the rules themselves and like there parents you didn't put in a consequence for bad behavior.

#1 Answer - I know, do you? You had the bandit thing almost right; but missed on the programming triggers of it by a mile.

• Like 13

So long as you feel better having that off your chest, that's all that matters.

• Like 28

Community; I will be announcing a project soon. A Fix to poor vision!

So, you're stealing Rocket's idea? How pathetic. I can assure you, any game that tries to imitate DayZ will not even be a tenth as popular.

• Like 2

This is post is made under the assumption that everyone just camps and kills. I too, was naive enough to think that. But it isn't true. That's the players choice when doing this though.

Look through these forums and look at the amount of stories that people have to tell. THAT is what DayZ is about. How people got through yesterday, or people get through today and how they'll get through tomorrow. The funny, sad, angry and even strange stories DayZ has brought out have shown what the community is like.

Call it a slow Call of Duty if you like but explore more than Elektro and Cherno and you'll see its a big world out there. It may appear empty but there's always something waiting to happen.

Edited by MeatAbstract
  • Like 15

A mod built by a guy that can't spell you're, I'll pass thanks.

• Like 21

respectfully, you pretty much missed the point of this mod, and i do not believe it is for you. reading a bit more about it would be useful i think.

• Like 3

the funny thing is that there was a lot of zombie games like this before DayZ was out and all these games together wasn't as popular as DayZ.

ITT a PVE whore moans that people shoot him and he will make his own game where that can't happen and he can stockpile cans of beans in his truck.

• Like 7

A mod built by a guy that can't spell you're, I'll pass thanks.

THIS ENDS THE THREAD ENTIRELY.

^truth.

• Like 4

Day Z is about emergent gameplay. You develop your own playstyle and loadout as you progress, your game writes itself in the choices you make and the situations as they arise. The complexity of the game will increase exponentially as Rocket introduces new elements and players learn to use them in novel ways.

Unfortunately, since your grasp of the game's scope is as tenuous as your grasp of grammar I recommend you play something more suited to your tastes like one of the thousands of corridor shooters out there. That way you won't be burdened with having to make decisions for yourself beyond "shoot man with gun".

• Like 6

I am frustrated with the direction as well.....I am no longer testing this game as it has plenty of testers (too many). So i will step out of the way this tornado of a mod. If and when it goes standalone. I will check it out and if its any good i will drop the cash for it. It was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

Funny, I can't remember that last time I was in Elektro or Cherno. but you say that's all we do? Well me and my team mate just flanked a squad of 3 looting a heli. Proned along the underside of the hill and opened up on them with our LMGs. Far more fun than sitting in Elektro right? (And I got NVGs!) It was one of those pretty cool moments you don't really get in other FPS titles, especially CoD.

This is a Sandbox, your limitations are created by your imagination.

But you say you can do better, sure go for it. If you make a game (which I doubt) and it's any good (which I doubt) I will buy it. Until then , I shall play DayZ.

• Like 2

TRUTH TIME

This MOD is almost 80% done (You noticed wood floats, others will build a boat)

This is a MOD, not a stand alone game. Rockett I know you want to turn this into a stand alone but its not going to happen. Your development is slow. When your in mid beta another developer with a lot more funds and resources will announce a project like this. You must understand this; yet you act like you have all the time in the world.

DayZ is nothing more then a slow call of duty with more players camping the map (The game is drowning in shallow game play and poor community)

Best place to get loot in game? Elektrozavodsk off players! The high end gear is not needed for anything in the game. The AK that spawns in the police station makes you strong enough to sit in one spot and wait for a person with better gear to run by not seeing you; as you shoot him in his back and loot him. With in 20 mins you can beat this game. With in 20 mins you realize your playing 10% of ArmA and the Zombies are just a joke to get you to play this game (Assuming your zombie fans)

Rockett I think you made a short fun game. Players will enjoy this game and won't even understand why. I wish you just sat down with a pen and paper prior to starting this. I hate that your game has no direction and I wonder if you will be able to figure out what are the things it needs to survive! I think I have the answer (2 note books full of notes and design plans).

#1 Problem - You thought it would be "cool" to let 15-22 year old to make the rules themselves and like there parents you didn't put in a consequence for bad behavior.

#1 Answer - I know, do you? You had the bandit thing almost right; but missed on the programming triggers of it by a mile.

As much as I am for voicing opinions and such, your a twat. If you do not like what Rocket is doing leave, no one will miss you, or care. It is the people like you in this community that we can deal without. It's Alpha, it's sandbox, its our world, our rules, and our failures. That's what this is. It is everyone of our stories, be they triumphant or tragic comedies. If you kept with the press you would know thier is a end game planned. And much more for when it gets an official release/standalone. And this is not an opinion, this is fact. The mod may die eventually but thats only to give birth from the ashes to a larger thing. Keep up the good work Rocket and Staff!

• Like 12

You don't understand this mod at all, I suppose its not for you. And the fact that your going to attempt and make another zombie mod, makes me laugh because it won't be a 1/100 as popular.

Also, I don't usually resort to insults but your a grade A douchebag.

Edited by Hendrix27

Wait you can beat DayZ by having good gear? Dam I have been doing it wrong, no wonder why I have not got the credits to roll yet:(

• Like 3

I am frustrated with the direction as well.....I am no longer testing this game as it has plenty of testers (too many). So i will step out of the way this tornado of a mod. If and when it goes standalone. I will check it out and if its any good i will drop the cash for it. It was fun while it lasted.

LOLOLOL Are you fucking retarded?

TOO many testers.. on a game that has DIFFERENT SERVERS? WITH DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF PEOPLE?

Dude gtfo, you're a moron.

• Like 1

LOLOLOL Are you fucking retarded?

TOO many testers.. on a game that has DIFFERENT SERVERS? WITH DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF PEOPLE?

Dude gtfo, you're a moron.

So enlighten me einstein....what does the fact that there are different servers, with differents amounts of people have to do with wether or not there are too many testers?

What use is one more douchbag reporting the guille suit bug or being stuck on loading going to do.

...het rocket the zombie behavior is a little wierd.....thank god somone reported that huh?

Edited by playZ

Community; I will be announcing a project soon. A Fix to poor vision!

Have fun with that.

the funny thing is that there was a lot of zombie games like this before DayZ was out and all these games together wasn't as popular as DayZ.

I've been waiting for years for a sandbox survival game with the clunky gunplay mechanics and oppressive atmosphere of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's really not about the infected, they could be legions of disgruntled housecats for all I care. It's about the interaction between players, the search for loot, juggling your thirst, hunger and temperature, the constant fear, the oppressive atmosphere and the weighing up of risk vs reward.

As MeatAbstract says, the OP can't see past the PvP mechanic so he thinks that's all there is and will ever be to the game.

• Like 9

Best place to get loot in game? Elektrozavodsk off players!

That's 100% subjective. Plenty of people get geared-up just fine without needing to go into Cherno or Electro.

Isn't that true of pretty much every game ever?

In short, stop preaching to Rocket as though you speak for the entire 600k unique players who play the game.

There can't be too many testers.

What you're really seeing is a community coming together to test a mod they're exited about.

Anyway wtf OP... how many games or apps have you developed that went viral and left you reeling to keep up?

Hugs,

-robo

Valve announces "DayZ 2"!

EDIT: I hope people are gettingmy Dota2 reference...

Edited by Havoc
  • Like 2

So enlighten me einstein....what does the fact that there are different servers, with differents amounts of people have to do with wether or not there are too many testers?

What use is one more douchbag reporting the guille suit bug or being stuck on loading going to do.

...het rocket the zombie behavior is a little wierd.....thank god somone reported that huh?

You have absolutely NO OBLIGATION to interact with 99% of the global population of the game. Are you really that fucking retarded not to realize that if you don't want to, you never have to interact with another human if you wanted to? Pick a server with population of 0 and have a ball.

This isn't an MMO where you're stuck in one server with a set amount of people... you're not even obligated to come on the forums.. and if it wasn't for the forums or server lists with population numbers, you would have ABSOLUTELY no clue how many players there were. Really it's self explanatory, Me having to write this is fucking retarded.

You don't have to interact with forum posts either. You just choose to.

Edited by Caviano

You have absolutely NO OBLIGATION to interact with 99% of the global population of the game. Are you really that fucking retarded not to realize that if you don't want to, you never have to interact with another human if you wanted to? Pick a server with population of 0 and have a ball.

This isn't an MMO where you're stuck in one server with a set amount of people... you're not even obligated to come on the forums.. and if it wasn't for the forums or server lists with population numbers, you would have ABSOLUTELY no clue how many players there were. Really it's self explanatory, Me having to write this is fucking retarded.

You don't have to interact with forum posts either. You just choose to.

Are you really that much of a douche bag? Any post i see from you is nothing but flaming and name calling, Time to man up and move out of that basement.