robertstuartmarshall

The SP version should be allowed.

I am not going to put the link here for the moment as I have no idea what is going on, but I do want to say why I think that the SP version of this mod should be encouraged.

The main reason is it acts as a great breathing tutorial to both the intricacies and faffiness of the Arma 2 controls and also to the MP mod itself. The amount of new players who jump straight into the MP game and either ask hundreds of really simple questions that show them to be totally new to the Arma franchise or just get a bit overwhelmed by the difficulty of the mod would really benefit from the SP version that floated around here a few days ago.

I have been playing it myself for quite some hours and have to say it is an amazing addition to the Day Z world and should be included in the total package if an arrangement can be made as it really does act like a massive training level. That's not to say it is easy, because whilst it does lack the survivor/bandit mechanic that enhances Day Z so much it also has the new massive amount of zombies walking around every village and town within Chernarus, and they can kill you in seconds if you don't treat them with extreme caution.

I do not want to stir up any anger or disapproval, but I really did want to say that I do not think the SP mission maker was trying to steal any of Day Z's thunder as we all know that with Day Z, MP is where it always will be .. that is the main meat of the mod and without it, the SP version will always be playing second fiddle. BUT, like I have said, it is an almost perfect proving ground to ready up any new/inexperienced player to help them get to grips with the whole layout and stealth aspects.

I dont understand how that would stir up anger?

Unless Ive missed previous SP DayZ threads, but I would love an SP-lite version. Obviously you wouldnt be able to save your data unto any database or whatever, but just a lite, dumbed down version like Dynamic Zombie Sandbox would be awesome.

I'd love to coop it out with some friends without having to join a massive, laggy server where I constantly need to worry about bandits and am unable to create my own scenarios with custom vehicles and weapons, and what have you.

Right now though I reckon DayZ team should obviously focus on ironing out bugs and whatever, but Im rooting for a little taste for the SP/Coop players among us as well.

Well, it doesn't use affect your MP character so no bonuses or goodies can be taken from SP to MP as far as I can see. It also has a fantastic time setting which means you can set the time of day to practice night movement, etc. I really love both versions atm, and think if they were bundled together everyone would benefit.

I agree with you, but the last time I spoke out for a SP version Rocket himself stepped into the thread, insulted me and locked that thread. I acknowledge he did that because I posted a link to the SP version. Okay. Fair enough.

I understand and appreciate Rocket's irritation; we don't know what he has planned for DayZ and it is without doubt his baby - he and his team did the hard work and they should, without reservation, be allowed to guide this project as they see fit.

I reserve the right, however, to express an opinion on the worthiness of perhaps introducing an 'official' SP version of DayZ; something we now know is perfectly possible and actually works very well. I entirely respect Rocket's right to refuse any links to said SP version on these forums and I will never do that again.

But none of this negates the validity of a SP version, nor indeed of the SP game that does already exist. It is, after all, just a mod of a mod.

Please don't ban me for any of the above. It is just an opinion.

Stop making these threads. The ONLY reason there is no SP mode is because everything is being rewritten and it would be pointless. Wait until beta or so.

edit: Ugh, I keep logging into the wrong account lol. Delete this

What? There is an SP mission of this mod, but like I have said I will not link it or mention the maker's name as I don't want to rattle cages.

If an arrangement could be made, think about this: rocket and his crew could concentrate solely on tightening the MP Day Z mod whilst he lets the SP mission maker keep the Sp version up to date with all the features of the MP version but at the same time allowing no new introductions or stupid enhancements to keep it in line with the main game.

The MP version will always be number one as it just has it all, but an SP version would really help for so many reasons.

You won't get the full experience in SP.

No, you never will, but you don't get the full experience of any game in tutorial/training levels. They are there just to set you up and get you ready for the main meat of the game.

Look, I am in no way associated with the SP mission or the guy who released it, but I see it as a superb addition to the bundle. As long as it never lets you take stuff from Sp to MP I can see no wrong with it at all.

It is not about what is right, or what is wrong, it is about what rocket wants the player experience to be.

I can fully relate to Rocket's irritation. The "creator" of the SP -version, the little cunt he is, stole Rocket's work and presented it as his own. That alone just fucking sucks, and then there are twats sucking up to the thief for the awesome job he did in copypasting DayZ code. Despicable.

I can fully relate to Rocket's irritation. The "creator" of the SP -version' date=' the little cunt he is, stole Rocket's work and presented it as his own. That alone just fucking sucks, and then there are twats sucking up to the thief for the awesome job he did in copypasting DayZ code. Despicable.

[/quote']

:huh:

The OP of the 'Single Player Conversion' mod I saw simply wanted to help out. In no way he claimed to be the creator of the DayZ mod. Even on his site he linked to the DayZ mod itself and said that the single player conversion was just thought as a tutorial for the real multiplayer part. But maybe we're talking about something different...

I can understand why rocket doesn't want a 3rd party single player mod on his own site, especially since this is still alpha. But in no way the OP was a 'cunt'.

Heh, there will never be an sp or lite version, thats pretty obvious. at least not unless rocket makes it.

:huh:

The OP of the 'Single Player Conversion' mod I saw simply wanted to help out. In no way he claimed to be the creator of the DayZ mod. Even on his site he linked to the DayZ mod itself and said that the single player conversion was just thought as a tutorial for the real multiplayer part. But maybe we're talking about something different...

I can understand why rocket doesn't want a 3rd party single player mod on his own site' date=' especially since this is still alpha. But in no way the OP was a 'cunt'.

[/quote']

Taking someone else's work, then modifying and re-distributing it without permission, is the very definition of a cunt. Look it up.

Okay, guys, I agree that Rocket should have control of his own creation, but the 'creator' of the SP version did not re-distribute it outside of these forums, nor did he even claim for a second that it was his work.

I've dealt with cunts before that shamelessly steal work - like Kanyhalos, the creator of Oblivion Lost, a STALKER: SoC mod comprised of other people's work. The maker of the SP version in question is not a shameless cunt, he just did something that was a little misguided.

In short: He should've asked, but it's not like he killed a guy.

JimiEZ, your post is a disgrace to any community, nevermind this one, especially as you do not even have a clue what actually happened or how it went down. Like has been said, he did not even try to take credit for his SP mission in any way and you should be ashamed of yourself for an attitude like that based on your own fucking stupid - and wrong - assumptions.

Regarding us "twats" who see what he did as nothing more than creating an SP tutorial for this great mod, maybe because we actually understood what he was doing rather than totally missing the point and then making up crap in our heads about the whole situation.

Try to actually know what you are talking about before calling people names like that from now on, eh?

It just feels like deliberately half-assing the experience, like playing G-mod offline, or Unreal Tournament with bots.

I mean, first time I played DayZ, I had just installed it, and had never played it or ArmA 2 before. I had no idea what was up, and I had a BALL figuring it out while talking to folk and seeing people. I had a dude mentor me and we went on an adventure and shot a dude! Nothing says 'Welcome to Chernarus' like sharing a terrible murdersecret with a guy.

Okay' date=' guys, I agree that Rocket should have control of his own creation, but the 'creator' of the SP version did not re-distribute it outside of these forums, nor did he even claim for a second that it was his work.

[/quote']

Well unfortunately the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, as it got posted on on the dayz subreddit and the download is still up, so there you have it.

JimiEZ' date=' your post is a disgrace to any community, nevermind this one, especially as you do not even have a clue what actually happened or how it went down. Like has been said, he did not even try to take credit for his SP mission in any way and you should be ashamed of yourself for an attitude like that based on your own fucking stupid - and wrong - assumptions.

[/quote']

From the readme:

DayZ - Single Player

Version: 1.1.1

Author : Kronzky ([website removed])

How is that *not* taking credit?

I know he's done a lot of scripting work in the community previously, but doesn't change the fact that what he did was a completely dick move and he should definitely take the d/l down.

JimiEZ' date=' your post is a disgrace to any community, nevermind this one, especially as you do not even have a clue what actually happened or how it went down. Like has been said, he did not even try to take credit for his SP mission in any way and you should be ashamed of yourself for an attitude like that based on your own fucking stupid - and wrong - assumptions.

[/quote']

From the readme:

DayZ - Single Player

Version: 1.1.1

Author : Kronzky ([website removed])

How is that *not* taking credit?

I know he's done a lot of scripting work in the community previously, but doesn't change the fact that what he did was a completely dick move and he should definitely take the d/l down.

Alright, I've got to let you know: you're being such an asshat that I even registered an account on these forums instead of lurking. We're very proud of you for making an assumption and then nit-picking facts in an attempt to make your biased conclusions sound right, but then again you can quote anyone in the world with a few ellipses and have it sound like anything you want.

That "author" line is part of the readme, for the MISSION file only. He is stating that he made the mission file. Sure, it could be added that the mod the mission is for has a different author, but you're just misconstruing facts for your own benefit. For anyone else reading this, the readme of the SP Conversion also states:

The mission requires that the DayZ mod is installed (http://dayzmod.com),

as all scripts and configurations are read directly from those mod files.

Note that this SP Conversion, as it is called, DOES NOT include the original files. It is ONLY a mission file, and nothing more. You are REQUIRED, in order to play this SP Conversion, to go to the real DayZ site and download DayZ from the creator. In no such way is Kronzky attempting to claim DayZ as his own - he is merely making a mission file that allows you to launch the official mod in a singleplayer scenario. Is that really so bad?

He isn't stealing content, he's not even modifying content, and he's not even distributing the mod contents! Again, to quote the website the SP Conversion is on, as this is the entire description on the page (and there is nothing more that I am leaving out to make me sound correct, unlike you):

SP conversion of the DayZ mod.

Random spawn points, gear and zombies behave like in the MP version,

but, of course, there are no other players, so the main point of this

conversion is to familiarize yourself with the environment, game mechanics

and zombie behavior, until you can get onto a MP server... ;)

("DayZ mod" in the first sentence is a link to the official site)

So. In both the readme AND the download page, Kronzky links and references the need to have the official, original, 100% legit mod. He even reccomends that the SP Conversion is lacking gameplay, since there aren't any other players - and then recommends anyone looking at the website to play MP as the mod is intended.

So why are you making up bullshit and attempting to victimize a good-hearted person?

Chill guys.

Locked - off-topic not within the current scope of DayZ