Sign in to follow this  
ninjaontour

Constantly blurred vision

Hey guys, I'm having a problem playing at the moment as I got damaged down to low blood (about 3k), and had flashing vision. After locating and blasting an unsuspecting cow, I cooked the meat and ate until I got to just over 10k blood.

The problem now is that my vision is constantly blurry (not flashing as it does on low blood, just blurry). I'm not shaking or anything when I jump into first person perspective, and even in third person it's now difficult to see more than about 50 feet with any degree of clarity.

Can anyone clear this up for me and give me advice on what I need to do?

Thanks for replying mate, tried this out just now and still no joy. I'm wondering if I need morphine or something, but I thought that was only for broken bones :(

Only problem with that is that I'm way up in the northern territories and rolling solo, haven't found anyone willing to team up :(

First, make sure you have post processing turned off, second, try closing out of the game and coming back in. Occasionally my graphics go haywire (everything is blurry, like playing in extreme fog) and logging all the way out, and restarting the game usually helps.

Post processing does a blur filter over the screen to "soften" the picture. It has obnoxious wavy blur lines like in extreme heat, i advise you turn it off. Its is much easier to see long distances and not get a headache when its off.

You just have to disconnect and connect again, and the blur disappears.. it happened to me too ;)

Probably just an update bug..

Edited by EvoX

Turn off anti-aliasing, I had the same problem mate, but I just turned that off and it stopped being blurry.

Hope this works for you.

First, make sure you have post processing turned off, second, try closing out of the game and coming back in. Occasionally my graphics go haywire (everything is blurry, like playing in extreme fog) and logging all the way out, and restarting the game usually helps.

Post processing effects will turn off motion blur, AA and AS cranked will also make things pretty fuzzy.

I had an issue with this in another bohemia game, Take on Helicopters (same game engine), where when I entered the game it was fine, soon as I tried to adjust video options everything would go super blurry and stay that way no matter what I did. Could try updating video drivers.

Edited by Frostback

He's saying it's fuzzy since he went low on blood, not before, why are you telling him to change his settings when that's obviously not the problem(unless the op has not told us anything)

Try some antibiotics.

Thanks for the replies guys, full system restart seems to have done the job as I've been playing solidly since that. Just got my ass handed to me by some bandit gimp camping in the corner of Devil's Castle anyway, so calling it a night.

Enjoy my DMR, you douche lol.

Post processing does a blur filter over the screen to "soften" the picture. It has obnoxious wavy blur lines like in extreme heat, i advise you turn it off. Its is much easier to see long distances and not get a headache when its off.

I was hurt and my vision blurred and flashed. When the damage was cured the flashing stopped, but the blurring remained and the game was unplayable. This wasted a lot of my time and we used a few items we won't be getting back trying to get rid of the blur. In my case, it was just the post processing needing to be turned off. Turning it off made everything clear again. Perhaps there is an "in game" way to solve this, like the bloodbag, but I was so blind there would be no way to find one. Thanks for the fix.

Edited by keyosuke