MalleusX

Solution to all of your DayZ problems? MAKE FRIENDS

Whining solo players are ruining this game. This is a open world sandbox game...groups DOMINATE these type of games. If you feel helpless and that you are always being shot bla bla bla, it's because you are a helpless solo target!

Having a group of friends and VOIP is the difference between being incredibly frustrated with this wonderful game and having a great time...just like any other game really (well except maybe CoD :P), but especially for sandbox games such as this and EVE.

I recommend searching for gaming communities and clans involved with DayZ that are recruiting. Hopefully one day some type of group feature will be added for DayZ which I think will help the "deathmatch syndrome" that many are having issues with, but watering down PvP and making safe zones is NOT the answer so stop pleading for them.

• Like 2

The problem is, how to make in-game friend as all the guys i croos shoot at sight...

No warning, and even if you run with your hatchet, they just pursue and kill you in the back.

The problem is players mentality who prefere to shoot at players ( CoD multiplayer like game with some "living" environement ) instead of infected. Lot of players are working on ideas how to face this issue without hurting too much PvP.

I'm just sick of guy camping loot location just to kill other players, in other word, increase frags counter. That's not how the game should be. Yesterday, i went NE saw a military control tower, i took a look and then what ? 6-8 guys with sniper rifles shooting everything without warning shot.

Today, a guy in a facility tower covered buy an other sniper. And i had just my hatchet, some tools and food-drink. Not worth killing for the stuff.

The other problem, is how a new player will stay in the game if he cant find in-game friend and is being shot down as he has juste found his hatchet if he's lucky ? Do you think that asking his friends to join him is gonna work for every player ?

I'm not playing alone by choice. And for your information, not interested in guild or anything like this. I'd prefere teaming up with any random guy, shoot infected at my heart content with the friend of the day. And it is not possible the way players actualy play the game.

The problem is, how to make in-game friend as all the guys i croos shoot at sight...

No warning, and even if you run with your hatchet, they just pursue and kill you in the back.

The problem is players mentality who prefere to shoot at players ( CoD multiplayer like game with some "living" environement ) instead of infected. Lot of players are working on ideas how to face this issue without hurting too much PvP.

I'm just sick of guy camping loot location just to kill other players, in other word, increase frags counter. That's not how the game should be. Yesterday, i went NE saw a military control tower, i took a look and then what ? 6-8 guys with sniper rifles shooting everything without warning shot.

Today, a guy in a facility tower covered buy an other sniper. And i had just my hatchet, some tools and food-drink. Not worth killing for the stuff.

The other problem, is how a new player will stay in the game if he cant find in-game friend and is being shot down as he has juste found his hatchet if he's lucky ? Do you think that asking his friends to join him is gonna work for every player ?

I'm not playing alone by choice. And for your information, not interested in guild or anything like this. I'd prefere teaming up with any random guy, shoot infected at my heart content with the friend of the day. And it is not possible the way players actualy play the game.

Just shooting zombies is not fun. Zombies are AI...they are stupid, slow, and not a challenge at all. This is why PvP is in the game...to actually make it exciting and fun. Trust me when I say that you are in the minority for wanting a pure PvE, loot collecting experience.

That being said, there is NOTHING WRONG with you playing this way. However players like you wanting the elimination of the PvP experience or watering down of it is extremely irritating.

Just shooting zombies is not fun. Zombies are AI...they are stupid, slow, and not a challenge at all. This is why PvP is in the game...to actually make it exciting and fun. Trust me when I say that you are in the minority for wanting a pure PvE, loot collecting experience.

Read carefully what i wrote, i dont want to turn off friendly fire. But making the decision of killing an other player have more weigth as it has now.

PvP has not been added in the game because players became bored at some point, it's part of rocket's game in his mind.

I'd like more friendly encounter than being shot down without warning. Even a ratio of 20/80 would be good. Curently, i just wait that servers i play often got less people to avoid any frustrating encounter...

That being said, there is NOTHING WRONG with you playing this way. However players like you wanting the elimination of the PvP experience or watering down of it is extremely irritating.

You wanna bet?

If you look at the stats of all mmos that provide pvp and pve, pve wins hands down.

But making the decision of killing an other player have more weigth as it has now.

What has more weight then being shot at and killed? If you miss, you can die. If you hit, he could have a friend that kills you. Deleting everything you have and forcing you to start over is a pretty big consequence. I don't understand how anyone can argue otherwise.

You wanna bet?

If you look at the stats of all mmos that provide pvp and pve, pve wins hands down.

Yes I would like to bet. This is not an MMORPG. This is a FPS.

Edited by Zipper -82ndAB-
  • Like 1

Majority of gamers are casuals who dont like to pvp and have no friends to play with. So they come whine in the forums

Whining solo players are ruining this game. This is a open world sandbox game...groups DOMINATE these type of games. If you feel helpless and that you are always being shot bla bla bla, it's because you are a helpless solo target!

Having a group of friends and VOIP is the difference between being incredibly frustrated with this wonderful game and having a great time...just like any other game really (well except maybe CoD :P), but especially for sandbox games such as this and EVE.

I recommend searching for gaming communities and clans involved with DayZ that are recruiting. Hopefully one day some type of group feature will be added for DayZ which I think will help the "deathmatch syndrome" that many are having issues with, but watering down PvP and making safe zones is NOT the answer so stop pleading for them.

One Question.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a game with Zombies were u could meet total stranger and than work together to survive and master the game.

Truth is. Dayz isn't that game. Everyone just shoots on sight. Maybe cause they don't trust each but mostly cause u dont need friend in this game.

So yeah u can meet with friends in the game and clans and u have teamwork sure. But that's like PvE with some turkey shoot on other players, cause

u wont shoot on your friends and u dont need total strangers for ur group.

But thats nothing near to the gaming experience u could have, if u meet some strangers teamup with them, build some kind of social structure in ur little group,

and then u could have ur little intrigues and games which may end PvP and betrayal. Or maybe u hunt other groups or loot people,

That would be a cool game. Or wouldn't it be?

But that's not Dayz.

I'm not against PvP and sandbox freedom. But I'm for cool teamwork, and by that i don't mean play with ur "normal friends or clanmenbers" who won't betray u.

What I don't want is a sandbox "shoot everything u see" game.

If dayz doesn't change I can play BF or COD and i will have a much better PvP experience and i will still have no "cool teamwork".

Face it. Right now Dayz is just some PvP game with harmless zombie creeps and a big map, that has no aspect of "cool teamwork (like i described it)".

Edited by Marten

Uhm, not to shatter your little dream house you built there... but everything you say 'that's not DayZ' I have actually done or experienced within DayZ.

I have met strangers and worked together with them. I have banded together with a group of people I didn't know before. We have 'hunted' other people and 'looted' their stuff.

BTW... you talk about everyone shoots on sight complaining about it and then suggest:

Or maybe u hunt other groups or loot people,

Seems kinda silly to me.

This OP dosen"t get the point of the game........ not at all.... Mabye a 1% percent

Grouping up with people who are strangers breaks immersion alot... Oh I see your point now..... your trying to make it a TDM instead of a Deathmatch.....

( A BLOO BLOO THE POINT IS TO SUUUUUURVVIVVVEEE) No, it"s not..... believe it or not the game was designed (according to Rocket) to bring emotions to the player and also to have fun..... If you want the full experience you have to bring both to your game. (A open mind and a bored mood)

Why did you make this post????

(PS I do have friends who play this with me.... I just Lone Wolf alot because they die from bandits)

Yes I would like to bet. This is not an MMORPG. This is a FPS.

Well actually it is a mixture of FPS and different genres. Are you seriousy suggesting this is the same as say CoD or similar games?

And why would rocket suggest subscription as a means of making money when the game is finished? Because that in itself alludes to something more than just your box standard FPS.

Anyway, I realise it's unlikely to happen, but I wouldn't be suprised if it were tweaked for a pve environment it would be larger than pvp.

Majority of gamers are casuals who dont like to pvp and have no friends to play with. So they come whine in the forums

This mod is not aimed at the casual market.

Hell it's not even aimed at providing "fun". It's a gritty and mean world where you will rage and throw insults at your screen more than you ever imagined.

I'm not even sure that Rocket actually care about satisfying anyone but himself by making this mod.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

the problem isn't the game its the players it will always be the players. making an PvE version solves nothing but to separate the community. what is needed is players to stop ruining the game for themselves and others. I have no problem with bandits, you want to kill for items go for it. it is when players start picking each other off because they are bored that it pisses people off. people who camp the shore to kill fresh spawns pisses people off. killing for survival fine, your shot at, shoot back, your low on ammo take the chance person has your ammo. don't kill because you are bored.

what is causing problems is players saying they are getting bored when they are the ones most likely to pull up maps off the Internet to know where loot is with out actually searching for it yourself. people who don't learn to play in the dark and turn gamma all the way up they ruin the game for themselves. trying to force people to group up by suggesting skills or hunting solo players because they are easy pray but have nothing ruins the game.

to everyone complaining just remember its not the game that is broken it is the players who don't know how to emotionally attach themselves to anything out side of themselves. those who have no imagination or will power to say hey i want to be a medic why not just pick up medical supplies and food water and go around acting like a goddamn medic. I want to be a hunter search for a hunting knife matches and ax and be a fucking hunter don't require other to follow your game play because you can't sit back and stop yourself from doing something to change your own game play.

if people want to solo don't punish them for playing differently. if people want to be d-bags well don't complain hunt them down and take revenge instead. if you want to team up for a time and then go your own ways do that. just don't come here and complain about people complaining or try to fix the game to make a certain style of play a disadvantage.

(yes I know I'm complaining about complainers don't need to point that out)

Edited by Zera_Grey

Uhm, not to shatter your little dream house you built there... but everything you say 'that's not DayZ' I have actually done or experienced within DayZ.

I have met strangers and worked together with them. I have banded together with a group of people I didn't know before. We have 'hunted' other people and 'looted' their stuff.

BTW... you talk about everyone shoots on sight complaining about it and then suggest:

Seems kinda silly to me.

Did u read my post?

Even your in your quote I sayed "Maybe". And by maybe I mean that this should be an option in the game.

Problem is that this is not an option in the game, it's the normal case, cause everyone shoots on sight.

And if u had that experience in the game. That's good.......FOR YOU.

I hadn't that experience and I tried to talk to people I met, but when I saw people they just shoot me.

So tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I want to have ur game experience?

What should I do in that 1-2 seconds (at best) between the moment I see people and the moment the first bullet is shoot on me.

Normally I say things like "Hello" or "I'M FRIENDLY!!!!!!".

Maybe their is some magic word like "SIMSALABIM" and nobody shoots u anymore?

So there is a difference between "First team up with others ( have that cool teamwork) and then maybe

make a battle with another group" and " shoot everyone on sight u see and kill all possible teamwork (ALL THE TIME)".

And then.

Reading someones post and take that one sentence. Than quote it out of context.

That's a kind of a straw man argument.

And than say "seems silly to me".

That seems vicious to me.

And don't be afraid to shatter my dream house. I mean u say u have that experience.

So according to u it's possible.

Edited by Marten

I'm a solo player.

I don't whine... either in-game or on the forums.

I don't even ask (let alone plead) for PvE only or PvP free zones.

I'm not a casual player. I'm an Alpha tester!

I don't get frustrated with DayZ.

I do have a great time with DayZ.

I am not helpless.

Please don't make sweeping statements that are patently untrue.

I do agree that finding friends to play with may help many of those that struggle with DayZ and your suggestion is valid. But the majority of players are and will remain solo. VOIP and a clan are not essential to a players enjoyment of DayZ. And in some ways, I feel that being a part of a clan/group means that you miss out on many of the emotion inducing experiences that make DayZ unique. After all if your buddies can just collect you in a vehicle and gear you up after a respawn, you're actually just skipping most of the challenge (and fun) involved in playing DayZ.

Personally, that seems almost as bad to me as server hopping and DC'ing. But, as you say... it is a sandbox. There is no right or wrong way to play DayZ!

I'm certainly not going to tell anybody else how to play.

Did u read my post?

Indeed I did.

Normally I say things like "Hello" or "I'M FRIENDLY!!!!!!".

Maybe their is some magic word like "SIMSALABIM" and nobody shoots u anymore?

Nope, there's not. I'd say you just haven't met the right people yet. Or maybe you're going to the wrong places. The player and loot hot spots are always high risk, I'd suggest going into towns other than Cherno, Elektro and Stary. Those are the places where getting shot are most likely, Towns like Zeleno or Berezino on the other hand have a smaller player populatlion and tend to be less aggressive. <-Those are my experiences, I can't garantee that you will ever find a friendly face in DayZ because like everything in live luck is a big factor in this as well. Edited by James Ashwood

Grouping up with strangers is interesting and fun sometimes, but it's a transient experience and has no real long-term group play benefits. The relationship comes and goes, because you have no means to organize outside of the game. When is this person going to play next? How often do they play? Will you wait for each other in a pre-defined meeting spot, or just try to meet up again next time you play? How will you know when the other person is online? Are they in the same time zone? Do they play at the same hours as you? Do they play with the same "style" as you, depending on what you want to spend your time doing in the game? If you rebuild a vehicle together, how will you share driving rights? Are they even any good at the game?

Grouping with strangers is simply never, ever going to replace grouping with friends. Now, if you want to take the time to make friends by grouping up with strangers and feeling them out and then asking if they want to exchange out-of-game contact info with you, okay. Get to it.

But this notion that cooperative play with complete strangers you just bump into in the game is going to be anything but a random grab bag of getting murdered, playing with someone is a total prat, or just never seeing the person again after your 45 minutes of best-friendship is a pipe dream. It's not feasible, or even desirable for most of us.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Indeed I did.

Nope, there's not. I'd say you just haven't met the right people yet. Or maybe you're going to the wrong places. The player and loot hot spots are always high risk, I'd suggest going into towns other than Cherno, Elektro and Stary. Those are the places where getting shot are most likely, Towns like Zeleno or Berezino on the other hand have a smaller player populatlion and tend to be less aggressive. <-Those are my experiences, I can't garantee that you will ever find a friendly face in DayZ because like everything in live luck is a big factor in this as well.

Yeah i know those tips go away from the coast and so on. But I have to say in the north they just shoot me too. Funny thing is, out of the 3 friendly encounters I had so far 2 were in elektro and 1 one was on that airfield near the coast.

So u agree to that meeting friendly people is total luck. I have rate of 3 friendly encounters( yeah i can remeenber those rare happenings) to round about 50 shoot on sight encounters.

And that is my problem friendly encounters are insignificant if u look at whole experience. I'm not saying everyone I see has to be friendly to me. But right now nearly everone I see shots me.

So if that ratio could be more like maybe 50 to 50 percent ( Maybe even more friendly).

And yeah u could argue:

It's the end of the world and everyone is seeing to themselves,

But that's not reality, humans try to life in groups even if everythings around them goes to shit.

I mean look into the past

the world was full with dangerous animals and other dangers.

But still people lived in tribes and groups

Grouping up with strangers is interesting and fun sometimes, but it's a transient experience and has no real long-term group play benefits. The relationship comes and goes, because you have no means to organize outside of the game. When is this person going to play next? How often do they play? Will you wait for each other in a pre-defined meeting spot, or just try to meet up again next time you play? How will you know when the other person is online? Are they in the same time zone? Do they play at the same hours as you? Do they play with the same "style" as you, depending on what you want to spend your time doing in the game? If you rebuild a vehicle together, how will you share driving rights? Are they even any good at the game?

Grouping with strangers is simply never, ever going to replace grouping with friends. Now, if you want to take the time to make friends by grouping up with strangers and feeling them out and then asking if they want to exchange out-of-game contact info with you, okay. Get to it.

But this notion that cooperative play with complete strangers you just bump into in the game is going to be anything but a random grab bag of getting murdered, playing with someone is a total prat, or just never seeing the person again after your 45 minutes of best-friendship is a pipe dream. It's not feasible, or even desirable for most of us.

I couldn't agree less with your statement.

U say playing with strangers won't replace playing with outgame friends.

No.

Playing with friends leaves out all the aspects of the social dynamics u get if u have to work with strangers to survive,

And guess what it's the end of the world all your friends are dead, so u have to work together with other lucky strangers.

But in dayz u just have shoot on sight mania.

So playing with ur friends never ever replaces playing with strangers, Normally u don't shoot ur friends for some ingame

advantage; cause u won't get that advantage, I mean either ur friend will come back and shoot u ( so u are even) or he

will come back and claim all his gear back).

But now imagine my so called "45 minutes best friend pipe dream"

So u meet some guy and quess what he doesn't shoot u on sight,

So u can get talk with him.

Then after some talk and maybe even some trade of ammunition or so.

U say " Hey u see that Village full with stuff we need, but also full with

dangerous zombies so we have no chance to get that stuff by ourselves. So let's work together...

(Maybe one of u lures the zombies away..., or together u have the firepower to shoot ur way threw,,,

or there is some kind of gamebarricade where u need two player to get over it

Now sure u can do this with outgamefriends and it will work.

But imagine that guy u play with is not fully trustworthy or maybe u are not too.

So u say so:"u lure them away and i get the stuff"

Now he seems to trusts u so u get the stuff and now u try run so u have that stuff for yourselve.

But that guy is not dumb and he anticipated ur actions and he awaits u outside that village.

Now u are in a situation.

Every bit of trust between u too is lost.

Maybe he just shoots now.

So I wouldn't blame him I tried to betray him first and I was not successful. Now I need to respawn and I won't probably see him again.

And that's how it should be cause I'm dead in the game so that encounter with that stranger is over,

Maybe i shoot him first,

I get the stuff and never see him again cause he's dead.

And tell u what if I were that other guy i wouldn't be mad cause I was not good enough to not get betrayed.

Maybe we see eachother; we both get in cover so now we are in a standoff.

The probability of dying is big when one moves, But wait we can talk to eachother

so we work something out and we both will get away alive and we will split the loot somehow.

So now we won't see eachother again cause u don't trust eachother anymore.

If this would be the gaming experience for 45 minutes.

DayZ would be a really cool game with horror survival and that social roleplaying aspect,

Now I know not everyone is that "Diplomacy" roleplaying guy.

But Dayz doesn't foster teamwork between strangers in any way, shape or form.

Zombies are totally harmless. Except for blood there is nothing u need others for.

U get a weapon, maybe some tools, and the survival Zombies part is over.

That's it now u are bored

and shoot people. And u can achieve all that with absolutly no teamwork.

Maybe u could try to get a vehicle and yeah with that u need trusworthy friends.

But since everyone shoots on sight u have only outgame friends for that.

Or

Maybe we just work togehter and split loot. After that maybe we will work together more often. Cause we know things like ICQ, Faceook or Email cause we life in the 21 century and work around

all your little

When is this person going to play next? How often do they play? Will you wait for each other in a pre-defined meeting spot, or just try to meet up again next time you play? How will you know when the other person is online? Are they in the same time zone? Do they play at the same hours as you?

Problems.

After a few raids we realise we play at the same times and the same style. And maybe we find more guys to play with us. So we try achieve really big things in the game.

Like their could be some kind of "dungeons" in the game( a millitary base packed with zombies and other dangers and the finest weapons).

And MAYBE (although that place is stuffed with loot) that guys I played with the last week turn out to traitors but sowhat "my fault or maybe their skill in deception".

And don't have play with them again or have to see them. But it would still be a really cool gaming experience.

Maybe split loot and then play again in a few weeks or so, cause we have achieved enough for the moment.

Maybe raid the next dungeon the next day.

Sure u can do that with ur outgamefriends.

But betray them after u raided that pretty difficult dungeon and worked to it a whole week. I don't want to doubt ur friendships, but I wouldn't do that to my friends.

So maybe this not desirable or feasible for some people. Problem is right now it's nearly to not possible in the game. Cause there's absolutly no reason to do it.

I mean if u don't want that experience. All u

(Ehh i would have to this that and that and I'm to lazy to do it, Guys)

can still play with ur friends and achieve everything in the game.

But

I want a game where I can meet strangers and try to work together with them.

And in that process I want the thrill of maybe being betrayed.

And I don't want another game where every stranger I see puts a fucking bullet in my head.

I mean for shooting everyone I see I can play Cod or so.

I don't see what this mod gives me right now other than deathmatch, harmless Zombie creeps and a little little bit of easy survival.

• Like 1

Well, the whole 'betraying' part is the problem though. People shoot you on sight because they don't want to be betrayed. Same reason for playing with friends, no fear of betrayal.

The problem is that there is no psychological barrier that keeps you from killing people in cold blood within a video game and that is a thing you simply cannot simulate. You know, killing that person has no consequences. He will just simply respawn. Sure without all his gear but it's not like you really killed a guy and have to deal with that guilt.

Of course you can try to force this with some sort of game mechanic but there will always be those people who simply do not care and play the game to kill other players and ruin their experience.

I'm still certain the problem lies with the players and not the game mechanic.

almost my entire time playing this game is in a group and ill be honest with you on your own you can listen and observe and be downright more stealthy than a whole group of players. i much prefer to raid the NWAF on my own. never had a single problem but everytime we do it in a group some one gets killed.

playing on your own hightens your senses and makes you a more effective stalker,hunter, killer and scavenger. true story

This OP dosen"t get the point of the game........ not at all.... Mabye a 1% percent

Grouping up with people who are strangers breaks immersion alot... Oh I see your point now..... your trying to make it a TDM instead of a Deathmatch.....

( A BLOO BLOO THE POINT IS TO SUUUUUURVVIVVVEEE) No, it"s not..... believe it or not the game was designed (according to Rocket) to bring emotions to the player and also to have fun..... If you want the full experience you have to bring both to your game. (A open mind and a bored mood)

(PS I do have friends who play this with me.... I just Lone Wolf alot because they die from bandits)

I hate shit like this. who's to say its not you that's mis interpreted everything in the game. and who says it isn't supposed to be a team death match?! lets think. ooh shit everyone is a zombie do I , A - kill every non zombie person i see or B- form a team against the people trying to eat me.

Why did YOU make this post????

Edit: I also think the post the OP made is completely assuming and not necessarily a good point. there's room for solo and group play in this game.

Edited by Ribano

Read carefully what i wrote, i dont want to turn off friendly fire. But making the decision of killing an other player have more weigth as it has now.

PvP has not been added in the game because players became bored at some point, it's part of rocket's game in his mind.

I'd like more friendly encounter than being shot down without warning. Even a ratio of 20/80 would be good. Curently, i just wait that servers i play often got less people to avoid any frustrating encounter...

rocket wants the game to play however it play. hes never going to try to stop people from killing you.