MalleusX

Solution to all of your DayZ problems? MAKE FRIENDS

Well, the whole 'betraying' part is the problem though. People shoot you on sight because they don't want to be betrayed. Same reason for playing with friends, no fear of betrayal.

The problem is that there is no psychological barrier that keeps you from killing people in cold blood within a video game and that is a thing you simply cannot simulate. You know, killing that person has no consequences. He will just simply respawn. Sure without all his gear but it's not like you really killed a guy and have to deal with that guilt.

Of course you can try to force this with some sort of game mechanic but there will always be those people who simply do not care and play the game to kill other players and ruin their experience.

I'm still certain the problem lies with the players and not the game mechanic.

Of course u could always blame the players sure.

But tell me about one place in this game u can't raid by yourself.?

I mean tell where in the game Zombies can overwhelm u

or be dangerous.

If I die from Zombies it's because I was stupid, ate some stuff and played at same time or I hadn't found any weapon so far.

I mean Zombies are just not dangerous in this game.

And that's the prob.

U just don't need other players in the game for ANYTHING.

And why? The game is to easy,

So I see things u could do to foster teamwork.

And that is make Dayz LIVING HELL. And make more things in the game were u need friends.

Things like:

-One shoot with ur gun in a Village and u have at least 10 infected coming at u from all sides.

- do the same in cherno or elektro and there will be a hundred infected coming at u.

- more infected people lying around and u cant tell whether they are dead or alive.

- infected everywhere

- "headshots only would be cool but since they are only infected this makes no sense"

so at least make them more resilent to body shots

- ammo should be rare as gold

- sneaking around should take a lot of time, skill, and some luck

- ......( has been discussed in other threads)

And this would be without some crappy "The game forbids u" or "don't do that cause u get a red bar over ur head" game mechanic.

And I'm sure if Dayz would be a lot more difficult in the zombiepart people will think more before they shoot everyone on sight.

I don't really blame anyone right now for shoot on sight.

I mean think about it. U see someone and then u think.

I don't need that guy for anything except for being betrayed or being shot at.

So I will kill him.

Now the same if the game would be like hell,

I need him to raid that village over there, without him the zombies will kill me, or it will take me hours creep around all those zombies.

And I have only one magazine or less and wasting bullets on him is risky cause he might also have only a few bullets mayby one coke and some beans.

Sure he could betray me but otherwise I will die anyway or at least it will cost a lot of time more and it will be much more difficult.

So at least I won't kill him right now.

Sure there will still be guys who are scarred of other people and shot them. Or they will loot u even for ur one magazine that doesn't fit there weapon and that one coke with beans instead of village with more things.

But there will be people who don't shoot everyone on sight.

Edited by Marten

I don't think that making the make impossible to be played solo is the wrong solution. I guess the 'cities' like Cherno really should be harder to loot and maybe even only do able groups. Though that still wouldn't decrease Banditry it may even go the other direction and support it by helping big groups repressing solo players.

Not sure there is real a 'solution' for this problem, it's a very complicated issue.

If you rebuild a vehicle together, how will you share driving rights? Are they even any good at the game?

LOL I hating driving in game.. Its boring... just saying.. BTW Good post

I assume... You looked a website with an uploaded map of the game.

With loot location.

Videos on how to trick zombies.

Join a party after 3 death by bandits.

You just want to win :)

Well, i dont want to win, because there's no way to win in this mod.

You may survive infected, players, but you win nothing at all at any time.

That's where there's something wrong... If you cant win, any way you play the game, then why you keep killing players ?

Perhaps you think you win with the best gears ? The most murders ? The most infected kills ? You're bored ?

No, that's just goal you put on your game style.

When i ear or see a player, i hide, observe and wait. I run away if the guy seems dangerous, ignore him if no threat. If i see intent to kill in his behaviour and I can't avoid a fight, i'll try to kill him first ( not handy when you're facing snipers ).

But if you're bored, there's other games with dedicated PvP systems. Yes, it needs a lot more skill than in DayZ to enjoy the game. Quake, UT need you to aim very fast. Counter strike need a hell of accuracy. You need to learn the most effective and quickest way to kill on each map and every key location ( at least ) of the map and memorise how every weapon works in every combat style. DayZ has nothing with that and that make frags easier.

I'm looking the stats at the main page... It's strange that what... 100k bandits alive are annoying 400-500k other alive players.

I see 15m survival attemps and 2m murders. We'll round it at 15% of survival attemps.. So Even if it looks like nothing, if we remove respawns made by players to spawn where they want, miss click, update mess... These 15% will grow of effective survival attemps... Perhaps to 20-25% and even more wont be surprising.

So i have one game on five ended by a players with no reason than boredom ? That's where there's something wrong... I know not all "bandits" are this way, but i have no way to think otherwise... I dont have been killed with warnings yet or given the opportunity to surrender.