Sign in to follow this  
ratfever

Best sidearm?

What would you say is the best side arm? The one-shot kill M1911/Revolver? Or the G17 for it's large mag? Or maybe the PDW? What is your favorite sidearm? I currently have a silenced M9 and a PDW.

My fave would be the 1911, then PDW, revolver, G17, and Mak.

G17 used to be my fave but I put 13 rounds in a guys chest point blank in the barracks once and he still managed to kill me before he bled out. :(

I'd definetly say that 1911 beats all other guns.

Yeah, It's one shot and getting ammo for it is easy. :)

1911, best gun in the game for stopping power, volume, and number of rounds. Funny how a military sim could be so accurate. The 1911 is my favorite pistol to fire in real life, and in DayZ too.

i'd say revolver or 1911 one shot infected is priceless and ammo is quite common..also SD it's good..but nowadays i have to say makarov because it's a couple of lives that i manage to find just that..

Plus, you cant beat how badass a 1911 looks. It's like it wears badass sunglasses and smokes Marlboros when it's not fucking shit up.

1911 as It has an Extra bullet, not as loud as the revolver and it's one shot to zombies but the 1911 beats the Revolver mainly because of the noise it makes.

I like the m9 sd cuz of the quick silent kill when using your primary would cause problems but ya, ammos a bitch now.

I'd go with a Revolver

Revolver.

Pros: Powerfull, Ammo is common, Common gun

Cons: Slow to reload, Loud

pdw and m1911 are tied for me, i like the m1911 because its 1 shot kill, and has common ammo.

the pdw is good because it can do full auto as well as semi-auto, and it can use any 9x19mm magazine, even mp5 mags. plus the pdw is quieter

M1911 / Revolver are great against zeds and players. Don't worry about the ammo, you can convert both Revolver & M1911 ammo. Revolver is more accurate, though has 1 less bullet per clip.

Though, since I'm a sniper, I don't want to get stuck with a Semi Auto pistol if someone sneaks up on me, so I use a PDW.

Edited by krtshv

I use end up using either the revolver or the M1911. However the revolver is my ultimate preference and will drop the M1911 in a second if it means I get my trusty revolver.

I base this decision souly on the range and accuracy of the revolver vs the M1911. The M1911 has a much faster firing rate at semi auto, one more bullet per magazine but when it comes to accuracy the M1911 is all over the place and cannot deliver a non head killshot from more than what seems to be 20 meters.

I prefer to have a weapon that is more reliable and will get the job done with a single shot and hit the mark. I noticed my headshot to kill ratio really drops when I get the M1911 vs the Revolver and I miss a lot more with the M1911 at medium range.

Another bonus for the revolver... The iron sight on it is unbeatable.

1911. Endless Ammo. Have maybe 4-5 Magazines. Reload if you have 1 shot left. Right-Click = Full Revolver SpeedLoader ---> Right Click = Full 1911 Magazine Again.

Infinite Ammo = WIN

Depends on my role in the team:

loner/gunner: revolver ( I just love that extra bit of accuracy - con: the revolver shines through the woods like nothing else)

sniper: PDW

I'm surprised how many people are saying M1911. Its ironsights are shoddy and it is so inaccurate that it has an effective range of only about 25m, the revolver is still accurate out to 75m and has very good iron sights. For the sake of 1 extra bullet the m1911 is just not worth it, not by a long long way.

M1911, but I'll take a revolver if I can't have an M1911.

I've never liked the 9mm pistols due to the total lack of damage, and the PDW Uzi is nearly as worthless even with the larger magazine. Until they do more damage, I won't even use them to kill zombies, which includes the M9SD, unless I have nothing else.

9mm rounds need a damage boost in my opinion.