well do they even spawn any more?

Yeah, why wouldn't they?

have you found one since the patch, or seen anyone with one ?

I have one in my inventory...probably not going to see someone with one on since of the bug.

I heard that if you equip one your character wont save progress anymore as of this latest patch. Not confirmed it yet tho, too risky to try it out.

If by this patch you mean the patch where you couldnt put it on, then yes. If, however, you say this patch and mean the patch that is currently out where you can put them on safely, then the answer is no.

In current patch ghille seems to have stoped spawing in residential buildings and only spawn in helicopter crashsites.

In current patch ghille seems to have stoped spawing in residential buildings and only spawn in helicopter crashsites.

I think they actually don't spawn on any spot! Friend and me was searching our ass off! Btw it isn't marked on the dayzdb as loot.

myself and half my clan are wearing ghillie suits and camo currently. working fine.

They certainly have dissapeared from the DayZDB loot tables. It seems their drop percentage was re-assigned to other items, too.

Defensive coding to avoid triggering the bugs? Or removed permanently?

Outside of being on players I have never had a ghillie suit. Not really sure I care all that much. I mean it is cool to have a suit that pretty much makes you invisible on grass, but I like my camo suit more.

Guess I'm strange like that. But I would wear a ghillie if I found one. Provided the bugs with it are mostly fixed.

I have not found a ghillie or camo in 1.7.2.3. I did however find one in 1.7.2.

I searched for camo/ghillie and tents all through residential areas, couldn't find any. The stuff spawn chance is weird. There is very often a lot of the same item in one spot. Found barns with 4-5 hatchets or 4 jerry cans, a supermarket with 4 Czech backpacks and 5 watches, another one full of piles of wood. It seems as if the random generator wasn't seeded properly or something.

I found two camo's, one in the apartments by the hospital on the north side of Cherno and the other in a doorway in Elecktro over the last few days.

Friend of mine found a ghillie in a house in vybor.

Five minutes later he found a heli crash with another 2 ghillies and a camo.

Same guy found a ghillie in the first house he went into on a respawn.

Me & a friend found 2 in the office in Berezino.

All in 1.7.2.4, so yes, they defo spawn & I've never seen so many of them. I'd dare to say the droprate was even increased, they're everywhere.

I found one two days ago at a helicrash. Immediately put it on aaaaaaand. My alice pack got switched out with a starter backpack. This caused the m249 wich i had in the alicepack to disappear. But progress afterwards was saved. So it looks like they work, just dont wear a backpack with anything important inside when you put them on. Also found another one this morning on a doorstep in elektro