deren93@hotmail.com

Multiple DayZ accounts (useful for shared computers)

I have my my 1st set and 2nd set of keys exported and saved. I attempt to load the 2nd set of keys and check the registry and they have changed. I use Dayz Commander to load into a game, but I still am on my main account. After I close the game and check the registry I can see that Arma2 OA key has changed back to the 1st set of key. However, Arma2 key has stayed 2nd set. Does this have to deal with the PMC and BAF DLC? I attempted using the Batch file provided by Okarr, but no matter what I do the Arma2 OA keys always change back to the 1st set of keys. What am I doing wrong?

do you have "launch using steam" selected in dayzCommander by any chance?

if so try disabling it and use this launch parameter :

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty

btw sorry to disappoint but the method i posted using mod folders to have both characters logged in with the DLC enabled (even if you purchased it twice :( ) does not infact work.

so if you need to log both chars in for whatever reason. just delete BAF/PMC/DLCsetup from your arma main directory.

i spent a lot of time fiddleing with the registry and cfg files but i cant get it to work. arma will always load baf and pmc lite if it cant find the folders and you cant reinstall dlc while the game runs because files are in use.

sad panda. this file encryption stuff is very annoying :(

btw sorry to disappoint but the method i posted using mod folders to have both characters logged in with the DLC enabled (even if you purchased it twice :( ) does not infact work.

so if you need to log both chars in for whatever reason. just delete BAF/PMC/DLCsetup from your arma main directory.

i spent a lot of time fiddleing with the registry and cfg files but i cant get it to work. arma will always load baf and pmc lite if it cant find the folders and you cant reinstall dlc while the game runs because files are in use.

sad panda. this file encryption stuff is very annoying :(

How do I get the DLC content to work on EITHER character? Say I log out of character 1 and want to play on character 2, how do I make sure the DLC still works on each one independently?

How do I get the DLC content to work on EITHER character? Say I log out of character 1 and want to play on character 2, how do I make sure the DLC still works on each one independently?

you run your reg file to change to the character two. then you delete the folder BAF and PMC in the arma 2 oa folder. then you launch your game via dayzcommander or sixlauncher or directly as combined operations.

this will trigger a reinstall of the DLC with the appropriate encryption of the DLC files for your current character.

i do the delete via a batch file:

del "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\BAF" /F /S /Q
del "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\PMC" /F /S /Q

you run your reg file to change to the character two. then you delete the folder BAF and PMC in the arma 2 oa folder. then you launch your game via dayzcommander or sixlauncher or directly as combined operations.

this will trigger a reinstall of the DLC with the appropriate encryption of the DLC files for your current character.

i do the delete via a batch file:

del "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\BAF" /F /S /Q
del "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\PMC" /F /S /Q

Would it make a difference if I purchased Combined Ops on character 1, but only Operation Arrowhead on character 2? I used your batch file to delete my folders, but when I launch the game with my second character, it doesn't try to download the DLC again.

monkah, combine operations does not contain BAF and PMC (the DLC in question). if you however have this DLC on your first character and it is not installing on the second please try the following:

after you have run the batch file to delete the folders, run the registry file for your second character, then run the file dataprecacheprocessor from dlcsetup\baf after that dataprecacheprocessor from dlcsetup\pmc (game will launch after each install, let it do so and exit out)

this should install the DLC for your second char. once done reexport the registry. you should now have correct registry keys.

after that you can run the reg file for your appropriate character, delete the folders and launch via six or dayzcommander and it should trigger the reinstall (btw, there is no need to switch steam accounts, you can stay logged into your first one. just make sure that you are using this start parameter so the game is launched via the beta folder and that "launch using steam" is disabled in dayzcommander:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -noPause )

Edited by okarr

Thanks, works like charm. I didn't have any problems :)

regedit - export key - logging on other steam account as administrator and launching with new OA - regedit - export key - done.

Thanks, works like charm. I didn't have any problems :)

regedit - export key - logging on other steam account as administrator and launching with new OA - regedit - export key - done.

same here

great topic

thanks OP

Steam often won't update the cd key in the registry when running Arma 2 if steam isn't ran in admin. <<<<<<<<This is important information for people. This will also likely keep you from logging in and out of different windows user accounts.

THIS worked for me.

Second account wasn't replacing the CD Key for OA in the Registry. Tried pretty much everything.

Turns out you need to start Steam with Admin rights, even if you're running an Admin account under windows.

1. Shutdown Steam completely
  2. Right-click Steam and select "Run as Administrator"
  3. Launch the game
  4. CD Key changed..

• Like 1

THIS worked for me.

Second account wasn't replacing the CD Key for OA in the Registry. Tried pretty much everything.

Turns out you need to start Steam with Admin rights, even if you're running an Admin account under windows.

1. Shutdown Steam completely
  2. Right-click Steam and select "Run as Administrator"
  3. Launch the game
  4. CD Key changed..

Beans for that! Will add it to the FAQ

Now i seem to have got the two profiles which account do i use ? for example the two accounts i use are for the following

Account 1 - Playing DayZ with my brother

Account 2 - Playing DayZ with a team

Am i going to have to log out of one steam account and into the other then change the registry? or do i stay in one steam account and just change the registry?... Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Why do i STILL have the SAME character even though my registry's are both different?!?!?!? someone please help

Edited by JackPearce95

Now i seem to have got the two profiles which account do i use ? for example the two accounts i use are for the following

Account 1 - Playing DayZ with my brother

Account 2 - Playing DayZ with a team

Am i going to have to log out of one steam account and into the other then change the registry? or do i stay in one steam account and just change the registry?... Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Why do i STILL have the SAME character even though my registry's are both different?!?!?!? someone please help

If you have exported the registry keys of both accounts, just leave steam closed completely and double click the desired registry file to change accounts before launching the game with DayZ Commander / Six Launcher or whatever you use. Using steam is only more hassle IMO

If you have exported the registry keys of both accounts, just leave steam closed completely and double click the desired registry file to change accounts before launching the game with DayZ Commander / Six Launcher or whatever you use. Using steam is only more hassle IMO

I use steam as my main launcher of the game, but i will try what you have said and will post back, thanks.

This still is not working and i have followed it perfectly i believe. The reply you gave me i have also tried but i still get the same character. I have checked both registry's and they are both different like they are supposed to be so that is not the problem.

This is whith steam and not any of the other launchers.. (dayz commander, six launcher...)

Edited by JackPearce95

right click both your registry files and select "edit". compare the two files. are the keys different? happened to me as well that i accidentally exported the same key twice :)

furthermore...

are you using this as an additional launch parameter in dayzcommander or sixlauncher and have "launch using steam" disabled:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -noPause

Edited by okarr

Right i seem to have fixed it and am able to play with the two characters now ! :D really happy as i was a little hesitant aha.... problem seemed to be that i needed to have two windows accounts which i did... however i needed to use the registry for the second player on my second steam and windows account and leave my main steam account with my main character on my main windows account.. sorry if this sounds confusing aha.

Would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped me out trying to get this to work and also to the creator of the thread - DocTolly

Right i seem to have fixed it and am able to play with the two characters now ! :D really happy as i was a little hesitant aha.... problem seemed to be that i needed to have two windows accounts which i did... however i needed to use the registry for the second player on my second steam and windows account and leave my main steam account with my main character on my main windows account.. sorry if this sounds confusing aha.

Would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped me out trying to get this to work and also to the creator of the thread - DocTolly

You're very welcome, I'm glad you got it working - I think the reason you experienced trouble was because you were using Steam and not any of the launchers. I'm starting to think Steam has the power to temporarily change your CD-key when launching the game without actually editing the registry.

5) Logout of your first Steam Account and Log into the second steam account which has it's own Arma 2: OA installation. (If you are using a disk/hard copy installation, just install the second disk)

6) Launch the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead game from the second steam account. Close the game once it's fully loaded. That should trigger the seriel key (the one you located above) to change to that of the second copy of the game. However, if the registry key is still the same you will have to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it from the second Steam account in order to change the seriel key.

I seem to be struggling with these two steps.

I've had arma2 / OA on my computer and playing DayZ for a while. In the past day or two my wife logged in with her steam account and purchased the arma2/OA combo that steam is selling. Steam didn't download anything new since it was already on my machine and when she launched DayZ she was using my profiles.

So I removed OA from steam and redownloaded/installed it with her account. Still no luck.

Ideas?

You're very welcome, I'm glad you got it working - I think the reason you experienced trouble was because you were using Steam and not any of the launchers. I'm starting to think Steam has the power to temporarily change your CD-key when launching the game without actually editing the registry.

If you're using your default steam operation arrowhead launcher to play dayz (not the added shortcut of the beta client) then steam will overwrite the registry key with the cd key that came with the steam copy. There is currently no way around it, other than always running the beta client that isn't directly steam controlled.

I seem to be struggling with these two steps.

I've had arma2 / OA on my computer and playing DayZ for a while. In the past day or two my wife logged in with her steam account and purchased the arma2/OA combo that steam is selling. Steam didn't download anything new since it was already on my machine and when she launched DayZ she was using my profiles.

So I removed OA from steam and redownloaded/installed it with her account. Still no luck.

Ideas?

I don't know why it wouldn't be working, but there is a workaround for it. Make a new Windows account and install her copy of the game on it. This will then allow you to export the ney registry key which you can put in a folder accessible by the main Windows account. Afterwards you can just deleted the windows account you created. I hope that made sense.

Also make sure Steam is running as administrator and you fully load Arma II: Operation Arrowhead from her Steam account to try get the key to change.

Edited by DocTolly

First of all thanks for the guide, I've had two characters for a while now and I like it.

I keep mixing my dudes up, so I'd like to write a script that toggles to the other character and also changes the ingame profile, so that I can see which character I am logged on ingame. To do that, I need to know what file the "current" player profile is stored in. Anyone got a clue?

I have one copy atm but I'm thinking of buying another. I use DayZ betalauncher or Sixlauncher to launch the game. If I get the other account can I still launch the game through sixlauncher?

Also, would it work if every time I wany yo play I just log into the alt steam account and launch the game through sixlauncher, or do I have to link both of the Arma 2: OAs to Steam in order for this to work?

Ok, when i do the second step, all i have under ArmA 2 OA in regedit is (Default)

there is no "key" in my regedit. what now?