deren93@hotmail.com

Multiple DayZ accounts (useful for shared computers)

Don't use steam to launch the game :)

How am I suppose to access my second cd-key to export it?

I can see the cd keys change in the registry but I keep spawning as my main guy?

Edited by killuchen

Yo Doc, it's the dude with stupid amounts of accounts.

Wanted to let you know the way I was able to organize my exported keys.

I took all the keys and named them something that would relate to the Steam account.

Then I backed them up to a folder. (Put in the Arma2:OA dir so I wouldn't forget where I put them)

I dragged shortcuts to the desktop for each. Then went to properties>change icon and used custom icon files.

Before hand I had made some .ico files from this site:

http://picacid.com/arma2/imgs/

They are in .png format, use MS Paint to resize the image to 64x64 pixel. Then run "save as" and select 24bit .bmp format and rename the file to .ico before saving

Now I have a different icon for each exported key. ex: Beans = Account 1, Knife= Account 2......etc

It is nice with the shortcut because you can rename it with out affecting the target of the file.

I can name one shortcut:

Character 1 - Elektro - MP5SD

And have another shortcut named:

Character 2 - NW Airstrip - FN-FAL

Hope this makes this fix even better.

Cheers dude!

Edited by Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Yo dawg i heard you can play 3 day z accounts at once and then you can get hacked on all 3 at the same time dawwggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Are you sure you should be around here?

That seriously made no sense.

How can I get hacked when the other 2 accounts aren't being played? and how would one play 3 accounts at the same time? Impossible and silly.

Get the fuck off the forums douche bag you troll face lil kid.

This is Alpha testing not a place where you get to be a fucking moron.

Yo dawg i heard you can play 3 day z accounts at once and then you can get hacked on all 3 at the same time dawwggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

• Like 2

since posting yesterday i found an old topic on this forum regarding the DLC which will make things a hell of a lot easier and will allow you to log in both characters at the same time (something that wasnt working for me previously because i couldnt reinstall the DLC will it was in use).

this will sound convoluted but bear with me:

1. run your reg file for your first character.

2. delete BAF and PMC folder

3. run datacachepreprocessor from DLCsetup\BAF or PMC ( game will start i think due to the new arma patch and the armaoa.exe no longer being outdated )

4. create two folders in your main arma 2 oa directory called @PMC1 and @BAF1

5. copy the contents of PMC and BAF to their respective @Folders

6. GO BACK TO STEP1 and repeat for your second/third/fourth character and increment the @folders approriately @PMC2 .. 3.. 4..

7. delete the folders BAF, PMC and DLCsetup from your main arma 2 oa directory

now in dayzcommander or your launcher of choice add the following additional startup parameters:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@PMC1 -mod=@BAF1

you will need to run your reg file for char two change this to PMC2 and BAF2 if you want to play your second char.

i hope this is working for you guys as well as for me.

i am using dayzcommander and the settings are stored here if you want to automate (batch the above startup parameter changes):

c:\users\USER\appdata\local\<WBR>dayzcommander\settings.xml

so should be easy

It worked like a charm. Much faster than the batch file method, and I can load the files without any troubles from ArmA 2 Launcher.

A big thanks to okarr and DocTully for posting such a thoroughly useful guide! :)

Alright I am having an issue. The idea seems sound and has worked for others so not the issue.

Ok i've made a second account and all that. Copied my main character to a reg file.

The problem I am having is the 2nd steam account game is not changing the cd key in the registry. I tried uninstalling the OA game and redownloading it.. this didn't work either. I can pull up the new cd key in steam obviously, But, it never asked me to input it into the new install file on the 2nd account. So I am unable to make a second registry save for a 2nd character.

Am I missing something or anyone know how I can get it to let me enter in the new CD key for the new account? I've tried the fixing cache option and all that.

Sorry to say.. but this "guide" is unnecessary complex if you use Steam.

The first part is correct: you need to purchase only one copy of arma2, then each copy of the expansion (Operation Arrowhead) for each separate account you want to use.

- Install Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead normally and play it one time;

- Create a separate Steam account;

- Buy Operation Arrowhead expansion (only the expansion) again with this account (You don't need to install it again!);

- Play it one time;

- You finished.

Anytime you want to switch between the two accounts, just login with the Steam account you wish to use and launch Arma2:OA: Steam will take care of updating the correct CD-KEY itself at the A2:OA starting. You only need to export the registry key if you don't use Steam.

I suggest you to create two Arma2 profiles to differentiate the ingame nicknames.

^^ This is how we do it. All that other stuff OP wrote is nonsense ...

Yo Doc, it's the dude with stupid amounts of accounts.

Hey - thanks for the tip. With two accounts it's not as difficult though "Account1" and "Account2" is enough for me :P

Can this not be used for those who want to farm gear? one account goes and gets the stuff and transfers it to the main character, meaning that the main players wont lose anything :( also they will be able to dupe

^^ This is how we do it. All that other stuff OP wrote is nonsense ...

Not everybody has steam and steam doesn't always do what it's meant to (as ODoyleRulez has proven)

Alright I am having an issue. The idea seems sound and has worked for others so not the issue.

Ok i've made a second account and all that. Copied my main character to a reg file.

The problem I am having is the 2nd steam account game is not changing the cd key in the registry. I tried uninstalling the OA game and redownloading it.. this didn't work either. I can pull up the new cd key in steam obviously, But, it never asked me to input it into the new install file on the 2nd account. So I am unable to make a second registry save for a 2nd character.

Am I missing something or anyone know how I can get it to let me enter in the new CD key for the new account? I've tried the fixing cache option and all that.

Make sure you are checking the integrity of the cache and/or reloading/reinstalling the Arma2: OA DLC nor Arma 2. Also check it's from the right account.you are doing it from. If you complete a fresh install of the second copy of the game (IE remove all traces of Arma2: OA first copy, including steam files before reinstalling) then the key will definitely change.

Edited by DocTolly

Not everybody has steam and steam doesn't always do what it's meant to (as ODoyleRulez has proven)

Make sure you are checking the integrity of the cache and/or reloading/reinstalling the Arma2: OA DLC nor Arma 2. Also check it's from the right account.you are doing it from. If you complete a fresh install of the second copy of the game (IE remove all traces of Arma2: OA first copy, including steam files before reinstalling) then the key will definitely change.

Actually i figured it out. May want to add this small item to your post.

You may be required to make a 2nd Windows user account to get it to change your cdkey in registry. Then you just make that copy and you can go ahead and remove that user account. Just transfer the new registry file over and go back to your user account. This fixed my problem of STEAM not changing the registry by booting up a different steam account. :)

• Like 1

This may prevent some people from even having to do the uninstall of OA and redownloading it.

Actually i figured it out. May want to add this small item to your post.

You may be required to make a 2nd Windows user account to get it to change your cdkey in registry. Then you just make that copy and you can go ahead and remove that user account. Just transfer the new registry file over and go back to your user account. This fixed my problem of STEAM not changing the registry by booting up a different steam account. :)

Added to the FAQs. Not sure why it happened to you, but thank you for sharing your solution.

Steam often won't update the cd key in the registry when running Arma 2 if steam isn't ran in admin. <<<<<<<<This is important information for people. This will also likely keep you from logging in and out of different windows user accounts.

Edited by LunaTiK

In my case I was actually in admin. As it is the only account I had set up for my pc. Not sure what the deal was but I still believe it may be the work around for attempting to uninstall it all and then redownloading arma etc on steam.

Sorry to say.. but this "guide" is unnecessary complex if you use Steam.

The first part is correct: you need to purchase only one copy of arma2, then each copy of the expansion (Operation Arrowhead) for each separate account you want to use.

- Install Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead normally and play it one time;

- Create a separate Steam account;

- Buy Operation Arrowhead expansion (only the expansion) again with this account (You don't need to install it again!);

- Play it one time;

- You finished.

Anytime you want to switch between the two accounts, just login with the Steam account you wish to use and launch Arma2:OA: Steam will take care of updating the correct CD-KEY itself at the A2:OA starting. You only need to export the registry key if you don't use Steam.

I suggest you to create two Arma2 profiles to differentiate the ingame nicknames.

I will try this but here are some questions:

1. if creating a second steam accound, to i have to use another steam install directory? You said i do not have to install ARMA2 OA again, so i think i can just "install" it in the same directory as the other (my first) installation is located?

2. I do not want to overwrite my profile settings (keybindings etc.) because it took me a long time to set it up. Am i save installing the second copy of Arma 2 OA with steam in the same location? Or should i backup my profile settings?

3. where are the profile settings stored?

I will try this but here are some questions:

1. if creating a second steam accound, to i have to use another steam install directory? You said i do not have to install ARMA2 OA again, so i think i can just "install" it in the same directory as the other (my first) installation is located?

2. I do not want to overwrite my profile settings (keybindings etc.) because it took me a long time to set it up. Am i save installing the second copy of Arma 2 OA with steam in the same location? Or should i backup my profile settings?

3. where are the profile settings stored?

1. It's not a steamworks game, so you don't have to install it at all, so yes it will be "installed" in the same folder.

2. Your profile won't be touched.. nothing will be touched, when you'll purchase it, you only purchase a cd-key. You're not going to install anything.

3. Into the Arma2 directory, you can manage them directly from within Arma.. you don't need to change anything "manually" in windows (neither you're forced to create a new one..).

Edited by WalkerDown

1. It's not a steamworks game, so you don't have to install it at all, so yes it will be "installed" in the same folder.

2. Your profile won't be touched.. nothing will be touched, when you'll purchase it, you only purchase a cd-key. You're not going to install anything.

3. Into the Arma2 directory, you can manage them directly from within Arma.. you don't need to change anything "manually" in windows (neither you're forced to create a new one..).

Ok, but i thought to input the new key into the registry i have to run the new copy of arma 2 OA with steam first right? And steam just runs games that are installed first (which it finds in its install directorys: steam/common/steamapps ...)

Edited by senior_hombre

Ok bad idea, thank you very much! I did created a new Steam accound bought another copy of Arma 2 OA (only this, but i have all dlc and arma 2 on my main account) after that i installed the game (but this one thing was correct it seems steam found the game allready and so i could direclty start it) and tried to start it. This resulted in error with a file called air_pmc_pbo!

Someone wrote that i had to delete it, what i did but then were another problem with another file..

Now i cannot even play with my main account, this sucks.

Ok bad idea, thank you very much! I did created a new Steam accound bought another copy of Arma 2 OA (only this, but i have all dlc and arma 2 on my main account) after that i installed the game (but this one thing was correct it seems steam found the game allready and so i could direclty start it) and tried to start it. This resulted in error with a file called air_pmc_pbo!

Someone wrote that i had to delete it, what i did but then were another problem with another file..

Now i cannot even play with my main account, this sucks.

read a bit further in the thread, i think around page 2 or 3 i post a solution on how to reinstall the DLC so it will work again or how to set it up for multiple accounts via separate mod folders.

try this: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32775-multiple-dayz-accounts-useful-for-shared-computers/page__st__20#entry413597

Edited by okarr

So I've successfully set my second account up, and I've had to use okarr's method for deleting and reinstalling the PMC/BAF DLC. However, now I'm not getting the textures from each DLC on either character I have setup. How can I fix it to where I have the textures on both characters?

Right now, when I try to run the datacacheprocessor.exe's for each DLC, I get this error:

Application load error P:0000065432

So I've lost all textures.

Edit: So I realized that I needed to run Steam as an administrator in order for the DLC .exe files to run correctly. So as of right now, it works after fooling with the files some.

Edited by Monkah

I have my my 1st set and 2nd set of keys exported and saved. I attempt to load the 2nd set of keys and check the registry and they have changed. I use Dayz Commander to load into a game, but I still am on my main account. After I close the game and check the registry I can see that Arma2 OA key has changed back to the 1st set of key. However, Arma2 key has stayed 2nd set. Does this have to deal with the PMC and BAF DLC? I attempted using the Batch file provided by Okarr, but no matter what I do the Arma2 OA keys always change back to the 1st set of keys. What am I doing wrong?

I'm looking to do this, could my first account get wiped if I have to uninstall the game and reinstall it?