Quaby

Make czech pouch useful

I still wonder why the czech vest pouch is still in the game. It's completely useless to everyone that isn't a sniper. A solution to this would be to make it not take up the bag slot, but the secondary weapon slot. That way instead of the feeling of "czech pouch, whatever..." it actually makes it a cool thing to find if you're backpacking medical goodies for a group.

• Like 2

Or start everybody off without a backpack, that way finding a czech will give you 6 extra welcome slots !

• Like 1

I don't know. It could have been a bug or not but i had another backpack than a czech vest pouch under my ghille suit and it didn't show.

no backpack shows up on a ghillie suit.. maybe he meant it's useful if you spend your time lying your stomach, regardless of the skin.

OP wondered the same thing, and I like the suggestion.

I remember finding one of those thinking it was a "pouch" and not a backpack then the glitch where you don't see your old backpack on the ground happend..

• Like 1

I still wonder why the czech vest pouch is still in the game. It's completely useless to everyone that isn't a sniper. A solution to this would be to make it not take up the bag slot, but the secondary weapon slot. That way instead of the feeling of "czech pouch, whatever..." it actually makes it a cool thing to find if you're backpacking medical goodies for a group.

I hate to be "that" guy, but this has been mentioned/suggested several times already.... Search is your friend, his Uncle Google is pretty cool too....

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16372-czech-vest-pouch-as-a-tool-kit-item/page__hl__%2Bczech+%2Bvest+%2Bpouch

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20420-uses-for-czech-vest-pouches/page__hl__%2Bczech+%2Bvest+%2Bpouch

no backpack shows up on a ghillie suit.. maybe he meant it's useful if you spend your time lying your stomach, regardless of the skin.

OP wondered the same thing, and I like the suggestion.

I meant that it doesn't look like the giant hunking tumor on your back that an alice pack or czech backpack does ;). But if you have a ghillie suit you might as well carry an alice pack. It helps a lot if you have the camo skin, or just the default and you are proning thru the grass.

First time I saw one I figured it was bigger than the starter, but I guess it's smaller.

Why not make the Czech pack the starter pack and make the coyote a mid level pack.

I think there needs to be some kind of mid level pack. Something between starter and ALICE. I also think there should be a bigger one than Alice, like a Camping pack(those massive packs people go camping with that are as big/bigger than their back.

First time I saw one I figured it was bigger than the starter, but I guess it's smaller.

Why not make the Czech pack the starter pack and make the coyote a mid level pack.

I think there needs to be some kind of mid level pack. Something between starter and ALICE. I also think there should be a bigger one than Alice, like a Camping pack(those massive packs people go camping with that are as big/bigger than their back.

you're confusing the czech backpack and the czech vest pouch. the backpack is bigger then a coyote patrolpack and the vest pouch is smaller.

It are the small things wich make the difference ;)

maybe make the guillie suit not be able to have a backpack (try it in real life with an alice) and make them only able to have a czech vest then you balance and in the same time have them realistic

There is the assault pack and the czech backpack(12 and 16 slots respectively)and i am for a huge-ass bag with about 28-32 slots just to look like a juggernaut ;)

maybe make the guillie suit not be able to have a backpack (try it in real life with an alice) and make them only able to have a czech vest then you balance and in the same time have them realistic

I would probably be happier if it was that only the czech pouch was hidden whereas the ALICE pack would still be the hunking tumor it normally is. That way it adds the tradeoff of stealth vs. extra space, which would add a cool dynamic for snipers.

So make the czech pouch useful? Well its useful to snipers, there job done.

So make the czech pouch useful? Well its useful to snipers, there job done.

If you have a ghille suit, it doesn't matter what bag you have, it won't show up. You are a lot less stealthy with a huge bag sticking out of you...

there is, it's called "Coyote Backpack".

Ive said this before, and ill say it again..

Everything in the game needs a valuable purpose, or it shouldn't be in the game.

The Czech pouch at the moment, is junk.. therefor it shouldn't be in the game.

HOWEVER

If Realism dictated the situation, it would be possible to say start out with the current pack.

And then when you do come across the Czech pouch.. you CAN equip it and it becomes a stackable item increasing the pack by 6.

Or you have a drop down menu when selecting to open your pack and it switches between both.

It then becomes a highly valuable item.

Using it as a specialty pack for an extra handgun or supplies

or even x2 tents would be much better organized

^I was just thinking of putting it in the pistol slot to make it so if lone wolf snipers wanted the extra capacity, they would have to sacrifice their up-close weapon. Add a bit of a trade off for snipers to think about, keep 'em on their toes in a building, add some more suspense ;).

I believe you should be able to equip the vest pouch while you have a backpack on.

The vest pouch could give you 4-6 individual slots, so you cant carry a tent(3) in the vest pouch, only individual slot items, like a 4-6 mags, or cooked meat, or canteens.

In real life you can carry a backpack plus vest pouches...

Maybe even add different types of pouches:

Czech Vest Pouch

Lumbar Pack's

Waist Pack's

tell me what you think...

I like that idea +1

another idea i had is that its is used to carry ammo but you dont have to but the ammo in your inventory. What i mean is you can just directly reload the clip from the backpack so you dont have to carry it over to your normal inventory.

I also think there should be a bigger one than Alice, like a Camping pack(those massive packs people go camping with that are as big/bigger than their back.

There's the Coyote Backpack. 24 versus 20 on the Alice. It looks kinda like a camping pack.

Me, I'd like to see bigger packs make you louder and easier for zombies to see. That way, a czech pouch would be useful for infiltrations, and if you really want to be silent, then no backpack would be the way to go.

I don't know. It could have been a bug or not but i had another backpack than a czech vest pouch under my ghille suit and it didn't show.

Yes, ghillies hide your backpack.

I hate to be "that" guy, but this has been mentioned/suggested several times already.... Search is your friend, his Uncle Google is pretty cool too....

http://dayzmod.com/f...ch +vest +pouch

http://dayzmod.com/f...ch +vest +pouch

Thanks for the links, it's nice to get everyone looking at comparable ideas.

I think that being able to use the vest pouch like an extra backpack would be great, and taking up the secondary slot is a fantastic tradeoff for 6 extra slots, in fact it could just turn your secondary equipment area into an additional primary area (8 slots I believe?).