Jaeskern

WTF Global/side chat removed?

Why in the earth such thing happened?Now there is no way to group up with strangers or simply chat in that matter.

Its an immersion killer. Find a group on the internet and group with then in teamspeak until radios are introduces in game.

Its an immersion killer. Find a group on the internet and group with then in teamspeak until radios are introduces in game.

Exactly.

If that kills the immersion for you PLAY A FUCKING SINGLEPLAYER GAME.

Edited by Jaeskern

I actually like the side chat. Not for grouping though, it was more talking to others when I'm playing solo, cause it could be pretty boring. They could also give you helpful tips (like how to get out of the debug forest when I spawned there).

• Like 1

I actually like the side chat. Not for grouping though, it was more talking to others when I'm playing solo, cause it could be pretty boring. They could also give you helpful tips (like how to get out of the debug forest when I spawned there).

Yes ITS BORING running for 15 mins and there is no way to chat while doing that.Immersion breaking.My ass.That much realism will only hurt the mods future.

• Like 1

erm yes there is. try walking up to them and talking like you would to a real person. <_< TBH this will most likely get you shot though. I think removing global chat was a very good change now that we dont have to hear retards on global voip or noobs going "DUUUR FRIENDLY IN CHERNO? HERP DERP PLZ DON'T TAKE MY BEANZ!" in the global chat. (The most pointless question ever, A: if they are not friendly they now know you are there and B: even if a friendly did respond you would only have their word for it and C: back when global chat was on and ppl asked this I made a point of walking up to them doing the friendly dance of frendship QEQE and then shoot them in the face with all my bullets just to teach them a lesson.)

I find no chat more realistic. And you don't get random people screaming on voice chat, to piss everyone off.

Edited by Vendayn

I just started playing yesterday and I agree global chat would be very nice. So far I'm having a hard time getting into it because A) you spawn with nothing but a flashlight and B) it's impossible to find weapons. Also, wtf do the zombies run so fast and bizarre lol? If they walked like normal zombies then I wouldn't care about starting without a gun.

Edited by darkonex
  • Like 1

Oh, you don't like side chat? How about you instead play on a server that has it DISABLED. Y'know, kind of like how I don't join servers with third person or nametags. And since the vast majority seem to want it disabled it shouldn't be a problem for you.

It's not an immersion killer for me. It's not an annoyance with mute. I would prefer to have it enabled. Don't like it? Don't play with it.

.. oh, but no.. god forbid you compromise with this game. It's the purists way only!

Edited by VGTG
  • Like 2

If that kills the immersion for you PLAY A FUCKING SINGLEPLAYER GAME.

Bro. Bro. Brobrobrobrobrobro.

Calm down. Listen to guides on youtube while you play if you -must- learn from others while you do it yourself.

Or get a damn friend to play with.

I just started playing yesterday and I agree global chat would be very nice. So far I'm having a hard time getting into it because A) you spawn with nothing but a flashlight and B) it's impossible to find weapons.

"Impossible to find weapons" You- You're kidding. Right? No? ......

radio would solve this problem.You could see global chat only if you have radio and if you don't want to see it all the time, switch it off.

• Like 1

A) you spawn with nothing but a flashlight and B) it's impossible to find weapons.

Weapons is a tricky thing. In the beginning you don't find a single one and later you find shit tons of crossbows and Lee Enfields...

Stop Being Dicks and acting like your some gods to the 'underground' gaming world. There is no sense in being so hateful towards another fellow dayz player. If you hate people asking questions than 1) why did you click the title to go come to this thread? 2) why are you on the internet?

OP: they removed it before i started playing dayz, but i think it should be brought back.

Edited by cjones636

Looks to me OP is butthurt and can't gloat over his snipekills wich are truly impressive obv. and rant at the guy who killed him.

Go back to your bassement.

Cookie?