NinjaJake

Add an L85 variant

superior british product thats manufactured by Heckler & Koch in germany ;)

Lololol.

To the guy on page one who decided an SA80 and an L85A2/whatever variant are different, you are incredibly retarded.

On topic:

Myself having fired one IRL, love the weapon to bits, being a britfag myself also.

Though, like some have said, this is in an ex-russian state, not in a NATO country. We need more AK variants like the AK107 and all the other bits and pieces of russian hardware you see floating everywhere nowadays in ex-soviet blocs.

Russia. Not Europe. Reduce the western weapon spawn rates alot(And I mean alot, you dont see many[if not none] l85's and as50's, m4a1's or g36's in asia do you?) and level off the russian ones, maybe even bring in some of the new chinese weapons like the QBZ-95. And the czech pack weapons when its released.

To the guy on page one who decided an SA80 and an L85A2/whatever variant are different, you are incredibly retarded.

On topic:

Myself having fired one IRL, love the weapon to bits, being a britfag myself also.

Though, like some have said, this is in an ex-russian state, not in a NATO country. We need more AK variants like the AK107 and all the other bits and pieces of russian hardware you see floating everywhere nowadays in ex-soviet blocs.

Russia. Not Europe. Reduce the western weapon spawn rates alot(And I mean alot, you dont see many[if not none] l85's and as50's, m4a1's or g36's in asia do you?) and level off the russian ones, maybe even bring in some of the new chinese weapons like the QBZ-95. And the czech pack weapons when its released.

In 2000, Heckler & Koch, at that time owned by the British defence conglomerate BAE Systems, was contracted to upgrade the SA80 family of weapons. Two hundred thousand SA80s were re-manufactured at a cost of £400 each, producing the A2 variant. Changes focused primarily on improving reliability and include: a redesigned cocking handle, modified bolt, extractor and a redesigned hammer assembly that produces a slight delay in the hammer's operation in continuous fire mode, improving reliability and stability. There were equivalent LSW and Carbine modifications.[18] The British Ministry of Defence describes the L85A2 revision as "modified in light of operational experience... the most reliable weapons of their type in the world".[25] Army trials indicated extremely good reliability over a range of climates for various operational scenarios, though with a decline in reliability in hot, and especially hot and dry conditions.[26]

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA80

Now if thats not a difference, you're incredibly retarded

Edit: copy paste failure

Edited by Riis

There is so much interesting Russian hard ware to toy around with. A russian bullpup configuration like OTs would be an interesting L85 replacement.

Haha same idea, you beat me on that. And it still doesn't work that well...

What we need is not another western military weapon but more civilian weapons to fit the theme of the game.

Edited by Enforcer

firstly , everyone stop getting hardons talking about weapons in a game , you cannot replicate every aspect of a weapons or all variables so there's no point debating about it compared to real life variants.

secondly , i say no, british weapons do not belong ingame in a scenario of apocalypse on chernarus. British forces were not on the island in the ingame storyline and sa80s were not widely sold to other countries.

Edited by Guest

Some more Russian weaponry would be a welcome addition given the setting.

The PPSh-41 would be perfect for mowing down zeds.

Why would a weapon designed for WWII be present in dayZ, next to the As50? (as50 was designed and build in 2007). No reason, it is too old and haven't been produced since the 60's if I recall

L85 is a beast we want it back even with the simple attachment scope, indeed thermal is op for this game.

Why would a weapon designed for WWII be present in dayZ, next to the As50? (as50 was designed and build in 2007). No reason, it is too old and haven't been produced since the 60's if I recall

So because it's old, it doesn't have a place in the game, in a small, poor looking Russian country?

No, look how many weapons there are that are old and people still have and use, Lee enfield, KAR98, AK47(Originals, not AKM), M1911s, M14, SKS etc etc.

Given the chance I would love to have a PPSh, both IRL and in-game, it's an awesome weapon.

Edited by Parrin

Awesome, yeah... But we're not in a russian country, we're in Czech Republik. What would be the odd that we may find a working AK47, SKS or a PPSH working? I don't know, but pretty close to zero. Though i'd like to see a SKS

What's the obsession with the L85? There are so many other weapons available.

Also if it were true to life, that thing would jam every 10-12 rounds lol

Shhh that's not the point, it's still a great weapon and was originally designed and manufactured by the British. The A2 variants have been made by H&K (As far as I am aware!)

Only with the A1 variants! :)

Why all the bullpup love? Terrible idea. The ONLY advantage to a bullpup is that you can have a full 16" Barrel with a carbine OAL (Over All Length).

Triggers are crap, explosion right next to your face, going prone is clunky as heck, awkward as all get out to reload and work the action manually, way to complicated for "Z Day survival", not ambi friendly (mostly). I could go on.

Silly design is silly. For practical use? They really do suck. Now more open bolt simple SMGs? Yes please!

Edited by Omnifox

Why all the bullpup love? Terrible idea. The ONLY advantage to a bullpup is that you can have a full 16" Barrel with a carbine OAL (Over All Length).

Triggers are crap, explosion right next to your face, going prone is clunky as heck, awkward as all get out to reload and work the action manually, way to complicated for "Z Day survival", not ambi friendly (mostly). I could go on.

Silly design is silly. For practical use? They really do suck. Now more open bolt simple SMGs? Yes please!

Wait. Who wouldn't want explosions right next to thier face

• Like 1

the explosion on a M4 and a bullpup is not that far one from another...

Not ambidextrous? Remember the first batches of MP5 (okay, they are old) and now look at the P90, the Tavor, heck, even the french famas!

Reloading one is not as hard as you seem to think (Okay, i'm just a regular airsofter, but with little practive I could reload as fast with my tavor as with my MP5)

Im all for an L85 variant maybe with the classic SUSAT scope, maybe replace that horrible thermo version or add as another. Stanag rounds are also pretty common so why not.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

the explosion on a M4 and a bullpup is not that far one from another...

Not ambidextrous? Remember the first batches of MP5 (okay, they are old) and now look at the P90, the Tavor, heck, even the french famas!

Reloading one is not as hard as you seem to think (Okay, i'm just a regular airsofter, but with little practive I could reload as fast with my tavor as with my MP5)

The explosion is very much so different. One is infront of, the other your cheekweld is right ON it. No, you can never reload a bullpup as fast as a forward mag, because you have to drop the rifle off target. Bullpups are overly complicated for what you get out of them. Bad choice in a long combat or survival situation.

Yea but it would be nice to have the choice, i mean acording to your logic they might aswell take out the double barrel and all other weapons that are a bad choice in combat/survival situations. Honestly if the zombie apocalypse happened would you say no to an l85 cos its bullpup, unless you have something better I doubt it.

You are missing the whole point....

The double barrel would be better for simplicity's sake. It will always go bang.

And I guess the double barrel would be a common weapon too, but after it goes bang it requires reloading after two shots bad choice if you get cornered by zeds, I see where your coming from but I like the L85A2 and think its a great rifle, and just don't understand why you don't think it should be in the game because of its bullpup design......

Edited by Ricky Spanish

And I guess the double barrel would be a common weapon too, but after it goes bang it requires reloading after two shots bad choice if you get cornered by zeds, I see where your coming from but I like the L85A2 and think its a great rifle, and just don't understand why you don't think it should be in the game because of its bullpup design......

(Because its not a great rifle.)

Hmmm... Andy McNab begs to differ. Very accurate at range, perfect in cqb such as indoors, good full auto with smooth recoil. Add to that its easily stripped down for maintenance. And hey the British military use it and there some of the finest soldiers around. So yea "not a great rifle". And I love how you think a rifle designed for military warfare that is currently being used in active war zones, and is highly praised by the troops that use and depend on it is a "Bad choice in a long combat or survival situation".