NinjaJake

Add an L85 variant

There is an L85A2 with holo and ACOG sight in ARMA. Could you swap the AWS spawn with the ACOG variant? I would like a superior british product to shoot in bullpup configuration, and there aren't many ACOG weapons in the mod.

Cheers! =)

• Like 1

Would be cool, I think DayZ needs more Mid-Long range weapons similar to the FN FAL or M14 AIM.

There is an L85A2 with holo and ACOG sight in ARMA. Could you swap the AWS spawn with the ACOG variant? I would like a superior british product to shoot in bullpup configuration, and there aren't many ACOG weapons in the mod.

Cheers! =)

superior british product thats manufactured by Heckler & Koch in germany ;)

• Like 2

SA80!

L85!

Whatever, I want more guns ingame. MORE MORE MORE!

So I support.

I'm not sure about Holo version (British Army don't use it), but L85A2 w/ ACOG, SUSAT and IronSight should be in game and replace AWS version.

I feel the game needs more appropriate weapons such as svd's pk's and other ex soviet weapons rather than barretts and as50's, and also there too common at the moment same with the ammunition

• Like 3

What's the obsession with the L85? There are so many other weapons available.

Edited by zor.
  • Like 1

I support the idea of more CQC / midrange guns. But don't get rid of the SWS, otherwise ghilie snipers will reign as masters (and I atually have a ghillie and an AS-50)

Then you will want pvp to be removed, for the sake of whatever "balance".

That game is not for you Sarissofoi. Deal with it

superior british product thats manufactured by Heckler & Koch in germany ;)

BAE Systems / Enfeild designed and manufactured this gun first... Dating as far back as the 50's with their bullpup prototypes - a template for a lot of modern rifles we see today.

The designs have since been sold for worldwide distribution.

It would be a nice addition to have in Day Z... it's a nice weapon. However, I personally would like a game mechanic that simulates the reliability of such weapons. Someone may not pick up a SA80 when the AKM is sooo much easier to maintain.

Edited by ScramUK

Yeah but the L85A2 which is in the game is made by heckler and koch for the british army

Then you will want pvp to be removed, for the sake of whatever "balance".

That game is not for you Sarissofoi. Deal with it

Got life man.

I am OK with PVP.

Problem is that in current situation if you get one LA you get it for anybody in your team and their grandmother.

It need be fixed.

Also I believe in more fair play PVP. Yeah you know like more fun when the hostiles can actually see you and shoot back. So you actually need some skill to kill somebody.

Not its more like(with As-50 and LA) shooting range than PVP.

Yeah but the L85A2 which is in the game is made by heckler and koch for the british army

Yeah... HK was a part of BAE systems before being sold to a group of German investors in 2002. They have since been contracted to refurbish the SA80 for the british army, mainly because at the time the contract was put out to tender; HK was part of BAE Systems.

Irrespective. They'll be ditching the gun in the near future.

Edited by ScramUK

HK was formed in 1949, sold to BAE systems in 1991, and then back to private investors in 2002 ;)

Ok... So the rifle was of a british design, and manufactured in Germany...

Glad we established that.

If your going to send your car / planes / weaponary / or any other mechanical doohicky to be constructed anywhere - may aswell be there. Germans are famed for their engineering prowess.

Exactly my point, the SA80 wasn't exactly a good weapon, untill H&K fixed it ;)

I don't see why any of those weapons should be in the game. In a zombie apocalypse, who'd be running around with military grade weaponry anyway? They should rather add a wider varity of handguns and hunting rifles.

Got life man.

I am OK with PVP.

Problem is that in current situation if you get one LA you get it for anybody in your team and their grandmother.

It need be fixed.

Also I believe in more fair play PVP. Yeah you know like more fun when the hostiles can actually see you and shoot back. So you actually need some skill to kill somebody.

Not its more like(with As-50 and LA) shooting range than PVP.

Don't you love videogames where you use a sniper for 50m range? Yes you do.

It require skill to hit a 800m target running, unless that guy is playing full retard, standing still or moving in a straight pattern. Not to mention that to be efficient with your zeroing you'll need a rangefinder (and that's hard to find)

Fairplay in pvp? This mod isn't build around "fairplay". It is, again, meant to be brutal. Why would I want to sneak upon you if I have a perfectly clear shot from 800m? There's no reason,

Suck it up, buttercup

Suck it you care bear.

You just wanna kill other players when they cant see you(ghilie) and you see them perfectly(thermo).

So you wanna be safe when killing others.

Grow some balls kid.

So cute that you make assessment like that. I have a ghilie, an AS-50, I don't have a thermal gun (my backup is a bizon SD for the zeds). On this life i've killed 4 players so far: 2 were friends that walked on my line of sight, 2 were bandits.

Frankly, since you're the one bitching about the unfairness, you should be the one growing a pair.

Carebear? I'm all for the hardcore pvp. Never bitched about a gun, never bitched about pvp. You're the carebear here sweetie

I don't see why any of those weapons should be in the game. In a zombie apocalypse, who'd be running around with military grade weaponry anyway? They should rather add a wider varity of handguns and hunting rifles.

Played much S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

Here is a little background for you military buffs out there.

Many years ago I was working with a Irish Ranger sergeant who was one of the soldiers who did the trials on the new rifle being brought in to replace the British L1A1 and SMG.

Amongst some of the very impressively performing rifles was a certain rifle that actually did very well.

He said that the SA80's that they were trialling at the time were reliable, well made and bloody accurate...he was actually quite impressed. They were not the best ( in his opinion ) in the test, but did do quite well overall.The weapon was chosen( or more likely already decided before the trials ) and accepted into service.

Several years later he recalled receiving the first SA80's in his unit and after using it on the ranges, just standing back and looking at it in a sort of horrorfied fascination. Apart from looking identical, he said the entire feel and quality of the weapon was totally different...he had several stoppages on the range even firing just a few magazines of rounds. Virtually every defect that they had brought up was still there, like the badly positioned magazine release catch,To his eyes it was like a cheap knockoff copy of a quality weapon.

Zoom forward to the much reported H&K contract to have a good look at the SA80, and what you have is that H&K quite simply refurbished all the SA80's to the standard that they were supposed to have been built to in the first place ( to pass the Infantry tests on the initial trials )....before they rifles were built to the cheapest quality that could possibly got away with.

BAE owned Enfield Royal Small arms factory producing the SA80 at the start of the contract...H&K was owned by BAE when they were contracted to refurbish the SA80 to an acceptable standard.....nice of BAE to be paid twice.

Good story, is just about what my experiences with the weapon was like, only tried using it on the ranges as we have C8IUR in Denmark :P but the new L85A2s are pretty damn good weapons, although there's alot of small parts in it compared to my C8IUR, but I could live with that to get bullpup design :P