walkerbait421

Staff: Need clarification on ban-able offenses

Do you think all admins are like that?

For how long do you think everything will be fine until A LOT of admins start banning people because they got killed, or a member of their clan got killed, and they're just mad about it?

This happens even in a big game like Battlefield 3, and in every game with community hosted servers. That's why i love the idea about studio hosted servers, even though i don't think it would be possible to do this in DayZ.

Anyway, there's a lot of good admins out there, i know that, but also know that some people just forget that admins are actually regular people, and they start to act like dictators in their own server banning and kicking people whenever the players do something that upsets them, that's why i think the control should stay on the developer's hand and his team, so they can actually see for themselves what action should be taken against a player accused from hacking.

There are already admin abuse threads, it would change nothing on that scale except maybe someone would actually look into the abusing admins - Which it seems like they're already doing instead of looking into the exploiters themselves.

But your last bit about them being dictators and not allowing anything they don't like - You just described the DayZ staff and rules.

"Follow our rules or get blacklisted" - Sounds like black-MAIL to me.

Now I'm not saying that all Dayz rules are garbage -

But saying that admins go "Oh we don't like how you do things, BAN"

- "Oh we don't like how you do things, Blacklist."

Edited by AllDayZSimon

You're not being forced to host the server, but if you do it, just do it the right way and get over it.

They set the rules, if you don't agree with them, you are free to stop hosting at any time, we'll forgive you.

But your last bit about them being dictators and not allowing anything they don't like - You just described the DayZ staff and rules.

"Follow our rules or get blacklisted" - Sounds like black-MAIL to me.

Now I'm not saying that all Dayz rules are garbage -

But saying that admins go "Oh we don't like how you do things, BAN"

- "Oh we don't like how you do things, Blacklist."

It sounds like blackmail to you? Haha. Even in real life it works this way, what happens when you break the law? It's not different here, there are rules to be followed. Actually, it's much better here, since here when we don't agree with the rules we can always leave, unlike real life.

Like i said, stop hosting the server then.

If you don't like the terms, you're free to stop it any time!

God, i wish we could have studio hosted servers to end discussions like this one.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 1

You're not being forced to host the server, but if you do it, just do it the right way and get over it.

They set the rules, if you don't agree with them, you are free to stop hosting at any time, we'll forgive you.

Like i said, stop hosting the server then.

If you don't like the terms, you're free to stop it any time!

Stop playing the game if you can't play without exploits, cheats and hacks......

• Like 2

It's one of those live by the sword, die by the sword moments. Every one of the 3000 server admins needs to file support tickets every day on suspected players and let Anders deal with replying to 10k tickets daily. See how long it takes him, if he doesnt want sensible admins to deal with it then im sure he's more than capable of getting a responce out. In the meantime temp ban the player until you get a response.

Also can we have a link to the ticket system please?

Edited by {SAS}Stalker
  • Like 1

Thing is, if no Admins are allowed to enforce fair play (by banning DCers that thay whitness with their own eyes) then there is no point in even paying for a server so that the DCers can play for free ...

You see the deal ?

We, paying for a server so others can play for free, expect a little more gratitude ... if it wasn't for the Admins, there would not be as many servers, and thay would constantly be full.

The Fleshy virus must get eradicated ... and Admins have the powers to help do it. So help us help you, and make an enjoyable place to play for all !!!

Don't let a few bad apples ruin the good ones ... cause if you do, the good will also turn bad and start abusing.

Updated answer to number 2.

Please see this post for full details about the policy.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6718-disconnecting-to-avoid-death/page__st__1120#entry337225

Poor show to be perfectly honest..

As an admin if someone shows me proof of exploiting then I should be able to ban using that evidence..

Now we have to submit evidence, wait until one of you guys review it, which considering how busy you all are could be a while..

So while we wait on your response the server hoppers are free to hop from server to server causing us no end of problems and making our players leave the server, due to being fed up with the hoppers..

Might seem like a negative post, it isn't meant to be, just getting a bit fed up being treated like a prepubescent admin, anyone on my server knows how I admin it, so too lump all server admins into the same untrusting bag is a bit galling to to be honest..

• Like 6

If the wait is rewarded by a perm ban of the Abusers CD key, then I am ok to wait till a Dev reviews the evidence ...

People who can't play the game without abusing it, don't deserve to play it at all.

+1 to MarKeR

You got my beans!

Edited by P5ykoOHD

http://dayzmod.com/f...120#entry337225

Ander, under https://support.dayz...ubmitticket.php can you tell me which subject I can submit my enquiry under ?

General Inquiries

Website - Any issues/bug pertaining to the dayzmod.com website should be submitted here

Feedback

Media Inquiry - Contact us regarding media inquiries

Troubleshooting - Problems that have not been solved by our community forums in a reasonable amount of time may be submitted here

Community Management - Matters relating to fan generated or managed material (i.e. Community Management matters) should be directed here

Employment - Enquiries related to working for or with DayZ should be directed here

I will then submit each and every suspect person to you to evaluate and get back to me with information, bare in mind I may also need to upload serveal hundred gigs of log files so I trust you have provision in place for this.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker
  • Like 1

Ok ill do that. I'll send you a ticket for every disconnecter i encounter. That would be around ~6-10 reports per Day only from me. I hope you can deal with them all in a day or two. If not whats the point in submitting then?

On a Sidenote:

If every Admin would start banning exploiters, they'd have to blacklist the majority of the Servers. I'd like to see how they test the alpha without them.

But that won't happen most admin's dont dare to stand up for a change. They are either afraid, dont care or are exploiting themselves.

Edited by SubSeven

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6718-disconnecting-to-avoid-death/page__st__1120#entry337225

More useless answers that only create a huge backlog of tickets that can never get processed in time and only meant as a show that you "tried to do something" much like the useless words about fixing the exploits.

How about showing some faith in the ability of those who pay money to host your game and give your player base a place to play.

Or perhaps close the whole thing down, go back to the 100 person alpha you conceived in the beginning and pay for your own damn servers.

Add me to the list of at least 7 or 8 dc'ers who I will be sending the details to the support site about..

Where do I attach all the logs that go with the time frame from the restart until the next restart, should roughly be 200meg of files per 4 hours of gaming.

Taking in mind that these reports are only from the guys who are on my ts3, but now that we have a system the will deal with it in an appropriate time I shall put it out onto the forums that I usually post in for all instances with evidence to be sent to me, probably looking at least 15 to 20 reports per day..

Cannot wait to get rid of these exploiters, glad someone is doing something about it at long last..

• Like 1

This sir has to be a joke? You signed the death of the community with that...how can you work on so many tickets? It takes me 2 hours per day for my server even with my tools that are designed for this purpose because its just too much. I hope you are just kidding...

If you want to have the control host the fucking servers on your own and dont let us be the cash cow. This is absurd. How can this come up in ones mind? Im done with it now. My service will be offline.

Edited by MrSherenai

All we need now is for the other 3000 odd server hosts to send their reports and logs in daily and hopefully the Dev team can begin the process of reviewing all of them and telling us who we should and shouldnt ban.

In addition I get around 100 log entries daily from people that I dont understand. I assume Its fine to submit these as well for confirmation of what is happening ?

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

This sir has to be a joke? You signed the death of the community with that...how can you work on so many tickets? It takes me 2 hours per day for my server even with my tools that are designed for this purpose because its just too much. I hope you are just kidding...

If you want to have the control host the fucking servers on your own and dont let us be the cash cow. This is absurd. How can this come up in ones mind? Im done with it now. My service will be offline.

What Ander is saying is, we trust you to pay the money to keep our little experiment running, however we have no faith in your ability to make a decision on anything related to that.....

• Like 1

The GSP are getting the money, the dev team arent.

True but you missed the point entirely. Without the people paying for the servers how much of an big scale alpha would there be?

The whole point that seems to be constantly missed here is; the only cases proven beyond reasonable doubt here are the ones that I personally encounter. These are also the cases that don't have any form of evidence for me to supply to the devs.

So either I take the action myself, or the Devs take my word as evidence and take the action, or I ignore it and let it run rampant on my server.

Please think this through Anders.

I think its stupid that the server Owner and Admins can't "protect" THEIR servers without the risk of being blacklisted I can see whats going to happen.

Server Owners and Admins will take things into their own hands and their will be a big argument between Server Owners and Admins against the DayZ team and Dayz will be left with no Servers.

At the end of the day the Server Owner is most lilikelyenting the Server witch costs about £40+ for a month why can't they do what they want with THEIR Server.

give Server Owners and Admins more power over their servers.

befor a strike or somthing happens.

The whole point that seems to be constantly missed here is; the only cases proven beyond reasonable doubt here are the ones that I personally encounter.

http://dayzmod.com/f...for-atlanta-73/

This shows how random the banning can get if an admin has "free reign". Nothing but a load of bullshit coming from each of the parties in the debate on that topic and not really any clear video evidence provided either. Apparently it did not stop the admin from banning at will though.

Edited by thmsrox
  • Like 1

I find this abuse argument very weak.

It's the technical ability to ban someone that is open to abuse, not the consent of the developers to use it for certain things.

If there is no faith in banning being used sensibly, remove that feature entirely and leave it to BE. If not, let us use it. Dev need simply be more on top of the reports for abusive admins and actioning their servers instead of tarring us all with the same brush.

The ticket system doesnt seem to be very responsive, i have just submitted my first 400meg log and report, I have a further 10 - 20 to do from the last few days but fear it may take quite some time to do so. Any chance the Dev team can start a dropbox shared folder ?

http://dayzmod.com/f...for-atlanta-73/

This shows how random the banning can get if an admin has "free reign". Nothing but a load of bullshit coming from each of the parties in the debate on that topic and not really any clear video evidence provided either. Apparently it did not stop the admin from banning at will though.

Eh sorry, one of the guys admitted to duping weapons etc, did you read the whole post. Unluckily two innocent parties were caught up in that ban spree, which was sorted out..

I'll say this, I would rather have 5, 10 even 30 innocent parties banned on my server if it stopped the duping, hacking and server hopping, than leaving it wide open to any abuse from any one and sod all I can do about it..

Any innocent parties knows where to go, either here, my own forums, ts3 or my admin email which ar all advertised via the motd or server name...

I'll say this, I would rather have 5, 10 even 30 innocent parties banned on my server if it stopped the duping, hacking and server hopping, than leaving it wide open to any abuse from any one and sod all I can do about it..

Big man. Maybe we should just bomb some countries with innocent parties aswell, but atleast make sure there's no terrorism. Afterwards survivors can still apply for a formal apology.

If they come to your TS, does that generally happen before or after you spread their GUID's amongst the other admins like some servers advertise?

Grow the fck up, report the exploits as asked and wait on the fix.