walkerbait421

Staff: Need clarification on ban-able offenses

I can't wait to see these renegade admins get their servers blacklisted.

Uh huh that will happen about as fast as they are working on fixing the holes.

Keep dreaming troll

I'm not trolling in the least. In order to have cohesion in this game, which is essentially an MMO, the rules for adminning must be followed on all servers. Much like the airport terminal system, even one bad link in the chain compromises the entire system, and as the developers see such bad servers, they should delist them.

And what server are you running mr troll? You are in quite a few threads here.

Or are you just playing server cop?

You're welcome to take a look at my signature that's been here the whole time to find out which server I manage. I've decided to start responding to these two threads on the topic because I'm bothered by all these admins who believe they can thumb their nose at the very important rules set by the DayZ developers.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

I'm not trolling in the least. In order to have cohesion in this game, which is essentially an MMO, the rules for adminning must be followed on all servers. Much like the airport terminal system, even one bad link in the chain compromises the entire system, and as the developers see such bad servers, they should delist them.

Yes, the admins are totally in the wrong for protecting their investments..

"This airport security is so power hungry, let's not let them pull anyone from their planes!"

..As half the airports population is carrying a bomb strapped to their chest.

Blaming admins for "Cheating by banning cheaters" is the stupidest arguement I've ever heard.

Basically Dayz forums go like this -

"LOL NO RULES BITCH, I CAN DO WHATEVER I LIKE! DEAL WITH IT LOLOL" :lol:

Banned for Ghosting/Alt-F4

"But..But..The rules!" :o

• Like 1

You're welcome to take a look at my signature that's been here the whole time to find out which server I manage. I've decided to start responding to these two threads on the topic because I'm bothered by all these admins who believe they can thumb their nose at the very important rules set by the DayZ developers.

Doesn't show up on mobile version

What about the very important rules of no cheating or hacking mr troll? Not bothered enough about that?

Edited by jskibo

Doesn't show up on mobile version

What about the very important rules of no cheating or hacking mr troll? Not bothered enough about that?

US 303, my MOTD now also redirects all exploiters, hackers, and DCers to his server.

• Like 2

Yes, the admins are totally in the wrong for protecting their investments..

When one sets up a DayZ server, they agree to abide by the rules of the developers, or else be blacklisted. You don't get the same level of control over your server as you would with, for example, a Counter-Strike server. Please read the stickied threads in this forum for more information on that exact subject.

When one sets up a DayZ server, they agree to abide by the rules of the developers, or else be blacklisted. You don't get the same level of control over your server as you would with, for example, a Counter-Strike server. Please read the stickied threads in this forum for more information on that exact subject.

I'll take my chances. Worse case is I save $100 a month. Wo is me

I'll direct my hackers to your server as well.

Edited by jskibo

I'm not a troll for disagreeing with you. You're the one resorting to namecalling, rather than sticking to the facts at hand. I'm of course very opposed to cheating and hacking, and as I get proof of it on a case-by-case basis on my server, I will permaban for it, and then notify the DayZ staff, as I'm allowed to do per their rules.

Threads about rules that are made up as soon as something happens they don't like (IE: The Battle eye addition, that is still the only rule that is missing a space between it's dash and word - Seriously, it goes -Battleye..Added the same day that a server didn't use it).

So mods can quick write a rule after a person hosts a server, same day post might I add - While this thread has gotten one post from Griff(?) since it started basically being a shrug "I dunno, it's wrong but not right kicking them".

So basically, run a server how they don't want and get an instant "No".

Run a server filled with hackers/Alt-F4ers, they'll get back to you later when they update and just say they're still working on it..

Who's really power hungry? The people trying to protect their servers from hackers, or the people telling them "No, you follow our rules or you aren't allowed to play and we'll deal with that hacker shit when the time comes"?

Edited by AllDayZSimon
  • Like 1

While not relevant, I'm actually a libertarian Republican, and I'm very active in the party.

While not relevant, I'm actually a Republican on the extreme libertarian fringe, and I'm very active in my state GOP.

I would have never imagined.....

I'd keep politics out of this, not only is it stupid to go "Oh I'm this party, and you're that party so we don't like eachother".

But it's also a very good way to get this thread locked/deleted and brought out of view from anyone.

I agree. It was just another of his ad hominem arguments.

All in good fun. Bored waiting at ORD for a flight home after a fun day of meetings....

What I really don't get is why people are so against admins banning people for this.

Right or wrong aside; what's the big deal? Why do the opposition care?

The admin has a vested interest in keeping their server relatively "exploit" free and a fun place for people to play. So ofcourse they will have their own opinion. But why do people against it care if other admins do it? What effect does it have on them?

Just curious.

What I really don't get is why people are so against admins banning people for this.

Right or wrong aside; what's the big deal? Why do the opposition care?

The admin has a vested interest in keeping their server relatively "exploit" free and a fun place for people to play. So ofcourse they will have their own opinion. But why do people against it care if other admins do it? What effect does it have on them?

Just curious.

I think only one guy is in opposition to this..... maybe 2

If admins can ban players at will, it's similar to them having a locked server or a no-friendly-fire server; the server can potentially just be used as a loot farm, with only players the admin likes playing on the server. The banned players also lose all their tents, tent items, vehicles, vehicle items, fortifications, and traps, often on the admin's whim.

Regarding there only being a small number in favor of official DayZ rules, for one, that's irrelevant to the truth of the matter, and secondly, people don't often speak out unless they're opposed to the status quo.

If admins can ban players at will, it's similar to them having a locked server or a no-friendly-fire server; the server can potentially just be used as a loot farm, with only players the admin likes playing on the server. The banned players also lose all their tents, tent items, vehicles, vehicle items, fortifications, and traps, often on the admin's whim.

Regarding there only being a small number in favor of official DayZ rules, for one, that's irrelevant to the truth of the matter, and secondly, people don't often speak out unless they're opposed to the status quo.

Then that server would be more worthy of a blacklisting than any single server I've seen brought up in the ban appeals/cheat reporting thread, which is just currently used for "Dumbass, the devs say there are no rules so you can't touch me!"-esque posts.

Right, but that's not the case is it? It's not at will, it's when someone DC's to avoid combat.

You're basically saying "well it would be a police state if we locked up everyone with knives simply so we can avoid being stabbed" which is correct except we aren't doing that, we are locking up those that are stabbing people. (Terrible metaphor, but its late)

If an admin is banning all over the shop to keep their server empty, that's a bad thing sure. But that's an entirely different situation to what we have here.

So in other words, you're paying to run a server just so you can be a confidential informant?

Doesn't it seem like they should be paying YOU for that service? I mean I doubt people become CIs for the government "Just to help out"..

(No I don't imply that BI should be paying people, but they shouldn't be taking 3000+ peoples 30-60 bucks a month and having their freebies chewing out their admin team without asmuch as a sigh at what's going on).