howichrgelazer

Find Your Perfect Server (Server Admins Please Read As Well)

Hey guys,

I noticed server admins are changing their difficulty values and individual settings, so I think it's best for the players out there to have a genuine list of which server offer what aids.

I'm starting a project to catalog the values of all the DayZ servers out there so potential players can find a server that best suits their needs. But to do that I need some help from other server admins. :cool:

Here is the page:

http://dayzdirectory.com/

If you are a server admin please visit this page to add your server:

http://dayzdirectory.com/portal

Hopefully you guys think this is a good idea. I couldn't find an easy way to see individual server variables from the server list in arma. Who knows, maybe I'm just a newb when it comes to that. ;)

If you have any issues with the website feel free to PM me or post here in the thread. You can also contact me via email though my profile. I'm forcing accounts for the portal so I can restrict people who misuse it.

Be sure to rep and bump this post if you like it!

-------------------------------

Updates

5/23/2012

New domain implemented. Site is located on dayzdirectory.com - If you notice any bugs after the switch, please let me know.

5/20/2012

Issue should hopefully be resolved for now.

5/20/2012

Investigating a weird PHP bug. Disabling the links for the moment.

5/20/2012

I'm in the process of setting up a domain for this project.

5/19/2012

Portal has been created for easy addition and editing

a list like that would be amazing and greatly appreciated.

+1

Hey Profanwolf, I ended up adding a portal. So now you can add and edit the servers yourself. Makes it a lot easier on everybody involved. :)

It looks like it's named EU15. So you're good! :)

By the way, I edited your server name a little bit. Don't need the "DayZ Zombie RPG - " part in there.

Your system is quite flawed, I'm not sure how, but I can't set the region to any other then US EAST and all my three servers now share the same data, when I change one, they ALL change.

You got some shit to fix :D

Just send our Server Info!

Good one HowIChrgeLazer!

This is an awsome way to help the users

Your system is quite flawed' date=' I'm not sure how, but I can't set the region to any other then US EAST and all my three servers now share the same data, when I change one, they ALL change.

You got some shit to fix :D

[/quote']

It -should- be fixed now I hope. If you run into any more issues, let me know. I'm re-enabling the CDN too, I hope that wasn't causing issues.

Wouldn't it be possible to simply scrape the serverlist from arma2 itself?

Even if I scrape the server information, I don't believe I can grab all the values that I'm compiling in this list, especially Time Reversal. :(

Added DE4 as well mate.. Nice info...

Maybe a bit more graphically pleasant would be better :)

Maybe add an Admi ninfo input field as well.. How many admins etc..

Mine is constantly adminned 4 or 5 of us who watch all day, most if us will be on the server as well..

Top idea!

Would like to see more server admins adding their servers to the list.

Thank you guys.

I've rolled the website over to a proper domain and will be adding another column in the near future. This will allow you to specify if your server is running the beta or not.

If you guys want any other features to better the functionality of the website, I'm all ears.

I added my server. Personally, I would get rid of Flexigrid. How are you storing everything? In a MySQL db, or spreadsheet?

I added my server. Personally' date=' I would get rid of Flexigrid. How are you storing everything? In a MySQL db, or spreadsheet?

[/quote']

MySQL. I just implemented Flexigrid for sorting and search. Both I can code myself (like I did the portal), but originally I was setting this up to see if the idea was popular enough. It was better to not re-invent the wheel for time sake. :P

I can definitely go with a more reliable front end though. With the data being stored in a database, it's pretty flexible.