the.ogbizzle@gmail.com

ROCKET, Too many hackers. let me password protect my server!

I'm the hacker I'll just tell exactly what happened.

I joined the server for the first time. The server admin and his group had [-NVG-] as their tag.

It was after a fresh respawn and I grabbed a bus that was fairly close to me. It was pitch black so I drive it along the coast with the lights on.

I stop. [-NVG-] Tornado Bait runs up to me and says "wait" over direc comm. I drive off. That's when I get kicked. OK, let's see what happens

if I rejoin right away–I get kicked again. Rejoin. I can see the bus being driven away and exactly where it's going. [-NVG-] Tornado Bait drops it off at somewhere next to a supermarket.

I retrieve my bus and drive back toward the coast. I see a v3s approaching the exact location where the bus was left off. v3s stops, [-NVG-] Jiggaman gets out. At this point

things became clear, which gave me the motivation to find their camp and kill everyone there. Server restarted multiple times after each one of them were killed. It took all night to kill all of them.

I joined the server for the first time. The server admin and his group had [-NVG-] as their tag.

It was after a fresh respawn and I grabbed a bus that was fairly close to me. It was pitch black so I drive it along the coast with the lights on.

I stop. [-NVG-] Tornado Bait runs up to me and says "wait" over direc comm. I drive off. That's when I get kicked. OK, let's see what happens

if I rejoin right away–I get kicked again. Rejoin. I can see the bus being driven away and exactly where it's going. [-NVG-] Tornado Bait drops it off at somewhere next to a supermarket.

I retrieve my bus and drive back toward the coast. I see a v3s approaching the exact location where the bus was left off. v3s stops, [-NVG-] Jiggaman gets out. At this point

things became clear, which gave me the motivation to find their camp and kill everyone there. Server restarted multiple times after each one of them were killed. It took all night to kill all of them.

Nice one! It's pretty much as I thought. Not a hack, just another pissed off admin being bitter about being outsmarted on his home turf. I see so many posts about people being kicked for engaging with the admin.

I'm tempted to go to this server just to hunt them all down like you did.

You did nothing wrong, in fact, you did exactly what I would have done.

Only way is to go private and that means breaking the rules, up to you on that though. I think its more of a " gentleman's agreement " that we play by the rules.

Edited by disorder

And then they click the magic button that instantly fixes things. They don't have to code anything new. They aren't doing this in their spare time after work or anything.

Anyways, I disagree with the OP point. I'm also not a hacker or exploiter just because I disagree.

They aren't doing this in their spare time. It's their job, numbnuts.

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen.

Admin abuse is a great way to show your support! "Aaah a hacker. Let's ban EVERYONE". If you knew what you were doing as a server owner you'd be more able to find out who the hacker was. There's no need to ban innocent players.

I hope you enjoy having a blacklisted server. You're not allowed to ban people unless they have actually done something wrong, and you have proof.

exactly, everyone should report this thread and have this guy blacklisted, the guys attitude just screams if you kill me on my server i will ban you

Edited by Lokiz
  • Like 1

exactly, everyone should report this thread and have this guy blacklisted, the guys attitude just screams if you kill me on my server i will ban you

It's ok , by the sound of it he's gonna kill his own server.

• Like 2

i personally have been to a new server everytime i play then i hop once or twice in a session...i have only ever seen one hack and that is when tanks just spawned infront of everyone lol...but ya i think the hackers are isolated to certain servers *COUGH* seattle but who knows.

The thing about password locks is ya they will fix the hack problem...but what is to stop people from just using those server as loot server than server hop public servers....solving one issue just creates another...wouldn't it be great if people just weren't assholes...who spent their life being assholes to others....also most vids dealing with cheating in dayz has shown that cheating is usually done by russian fags...just saying.

the amout of hackers has increased everyday since i have been renting my server. If server owners were able to password protect their servers, the hackers wouldnt be ruining the game for us.

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen. To limit the number of potential hackers, i have also reduced the maxping from 250 to 175.

Earlier today... Cherno was on fire and a helicopter was parked on top of the international hotel.

Hackers teleporting to people and shooting them point blank with an m107.

These hackers are destroying the game.

ROCKET, you took away pistols from fresh spawns as an experiment.

Next experiment: ALLOW SERVER ADMINS TO PASSWORD PROTECT THIER SERVERS WITHOUT BEING BLACKLISTED. allow this for a week.

To all the people who don't own/rent a server and are going to QQ about "unfair advantage":

i would gladly give the server password to people that don't hack or possibly DONATE to the monthly server fund. I would invite groups of friends and clans to play on my secure server. There will be no unfair advantage. There will be no random hackers.

if you still disagree about allowing password protected servers... move along... just go back to server hopping NWAF barracks and sniping noobs in Chern. This thread does not concern you.

God I hope you get blacklisted. You ban everyone on your server for a hacking incident? Talk about being immature. Get over it, it happens, it's not a problem exclusive to DayZ, it's a Arma wide problem. It's like viruses on computers. Arma 2 is a Mac and DayZ is windows, they both get viruses, you just get more on Windows because it has a larger base of users, same philosophy here, DayZ tremendously outweighs Vanilla/ACE Arma 2 in terms of users, and you just ban 47 other people on a whim. Your server needs to be blacklisted, you're not admin material.

I PM'd this dude to get a response after the "hacker" made a post. It's all gone a bit quiet over there.

so, explain how you get back on the server after having you GUID and IP banned? i watched the server logs as you changed your name multiple times and tried to reconnect. you cant even post with a legitimate name? Myron? i would have to download the log file to see the other names you tried to use after the GUID ban, but i remember one being "test" and another with "red" in the name.

were your other names Ramm, Ice, Paladin, or User?

also... nobody got out of the V3S. it drove around in circles.

Nice one! It's pretty much as I thought. Not a hack, just another pissed off admin being bitter about being outsmarted on his home turf. I see so many posts about people being kicked for engaging with the admin.

I'm tempted to go to this server just to hunt them all down like you did.

You did nothing wrong, in fact, you did exactly what I would have done.

he was able to get back on the server after changing his GUID. The only way to do this legitimately would be buying a new copy of the game. Since it wasnt a global ban, i dont see this being the case. The other way to do it would be using a battleye bypass. He also admits in his post to being a hacker.... although it could be sarcasm?

Edited by JiggaMan

Yes, it's sarcasm.

really?

you dont need to answer for this guy. unless you are "nice guy".

then if this is the case... explain how you were able to reconnect to the server after the GUID ban. kthx.

really?

you dont need to answer for this guy. unless you are "nice guy".

then if this is the case... explain how you were able to reconnect to the server after the GUID ban. kthx.

Jesus, you are one paranoid fella. I'll leave this thread to you and your friends.

I think having password locked servers is a bad idea as it would allow people to lockdown a server to themselves, travel and gather loot without any danger then hope around server to server griefing going back to their "private" locked down server to restock gear.

Everytime I hear about people wanting to lockdown their server for just their friends or clan. Or even people who have a server that is just used to hack on this is what I think of.

Edited by painfulleap1
  • Like 1

Well... just password protect it and then you'll have a private server. You can't password protect your hive server for one simple reason. To protect other players, if hosts could password protect a hive server they could farm all the good items and then hop onto another public server and demolish. So... if you want to password protect nobody is stopping you, but you'll have to be blacklisted, it's to protect the other 600,000 players.

Well... just password protect it and then you'll have a private server. You can't password protect your hive server for one simple reason. To protect other players, if hosts could password protect a hive server they could farm all the good items and then hop onto another public server and demolish. So... if you want to password protect nobody is stopping you, but you'll have to be blacklisted, it's to protect the other 600,000 players.

Yeh I tried that. He's just really not getting it dude.

a private blacklisted server sounds great.

as long as i can still update with current patches and remain isolated from the Hive. i don't know if HFB Servers will allow me to run a blacklisted server though :(

going to do more research and ask HFB.

Yeh I tried that. He's just really not getting it dude.

Yeh, you can have private password protected servers which have a seperate database from the hive. Basically if you play on the hive and go to your server you lose any progress from the hive, and if you play on your server and hop onto a hive server you lose all your progress. That way you got your private server, and can't abuse it and traumatize the players on public servers by farming stuff on a server nobody can bother you on.

They aren't doing this in their spare time. It's their job, numbnuts.

Considering we're talking about team rocket here, and not battleye, I'd ask you to go check his interviews/posts. Yes, he's employed by BIS, but making DayZ is done in his spare time and of his own volition.

This thread again?

You know what, you bring up an interesting point however..

This is a very common thread in which many people are requesting every few days, and they all turn out to be to be a moot argument because private servers are not going to be allowed yet. It may come in the future but since you're alpha-testing a mod that is still in development in which private playtime with your 'friends' is not the main goal yet, there can be serious exploits if you password your server by server hopping and looting like batshit crazy and then just going on other servers with the gear you've collected.

And if I remember correctly rocket doesn't want to have a seperate inventory on each server due to the mass amount of usage it will pull, if I'm right he said it wouldn't handle it.(Link to one: http://dayzmod.com/f...__20#entry95901 )

The hackers will be dealt with eventually but I do agree that there is way too many of them running amongst the servers even with BattlEye running. An interesting point, and I'll leave the thread open for a while unless it gets out of hand.

Edit:

i have had to resort to shutting the server down and banning everyone that was logged in when the hack incidents happen.

You can't ban based on suspicion.

Edited by Legacy

You can't ban based on suspicion.

That's also a rather common and big problem lately. Server admins doing whatever they want.

It doesn't take more than 60 seconds in the server sections to find people reporting servers for rule breaking, yet none of the devs does anything about it.

I'd say we focus on the lesser evil for now, as it's easier to deal with.

How would passworded servers fix this, aside from allowing server admins and their friends a free safe place to farm loot? lol.