Sign in to follow this  
paintface

Anyone elses rifle also producing alot of smoke when shooting?

Using a M4A3 CCO when shooting be it through the red dot scope or with ingame crosshair alot of smoke comes out of the barrel where it hampers the view after rapidfire, this for sure isnt the case in stock arma and dont think i have ever noticed it in dayz till tonight, anyone got the same happen to them?

i had a bit of smoke with the m14 AIM when i had it in my posession, but i only need one shot anyway so it can smoke as much as it wants :P

uploaded the video where it happened. shooting starts at @13:00

Edited by Visker

You've never actually fired a gun, have you?

There's a fair amount of smoke coming out when you shoot.

http://youtu.be/jt7rI1-ZDg8

(About 1:46)

Also, you might want to state at which time the shooting happened, no one's going to watch 29 minutes of video just to see what you mean.

Edited by krtshv

i have played arma for years , never in those hundreds of hours ive had this much smoke coming out of my M4 rifle, so the question is was this added to the latest dayz build, and does it happen to everyone else? not discussing if its realistic or not

i have played arma for years , never in those hundreds of hours ive had this much smoke coming out of my M4 rifle, so the question is was this added to the latest dayz build, and does it happen to everyone else? not discussing if its realistic or not

Say at which point in the video it shows it, I'm not gonna look through half an hour just to check it out.

It can also be your settings, though. Higher settings = more particles (?).

Edited by krtshv

Say at which point in the video it shows it, I'm not gonna look through half an hour just to check it out.

It can also be your settings, though. Higher settings = more particles (?).

shooting starts at @13:00 ( posted a time coded youtube tag, guess it doesnt work on forums )

There's a fair amount of smoke coming out when you shoot.

Have you even watched the video that the guy posted? His smoke is far worse than that video you posted of the real life M4. The regular in game M4 smoke actually looks quite similar to the video you posted. The guy's video shows him blowing smoke grenade style smoke clouds out of this M4 which is not how the M4A3 in Arma2 behaves.

Edited by Lev

Yeah that doesn't look correct. I remember seeing once a couple of patches ago my buddy shot a crossbow and a huge cloud of smoke was produced from that... so my best guess is its a bug.

At least you can really see where the impact is B)

But i agree, its to smoky...

(About 1:46)

Lol at the guy shooting, looks like the evil professor in the end of a James Bond film

:lol:

Edited by Johanna

I would say your the one that has not shot a rifle. My M4 has never put out smoke like that, maybe if you buy some crap ammo. I even bought ammo from the gun range and have not seen any thing like that much smoke

2589cex.jpg

Ok, firstly I don't want to imply anything!

But is your copy of ArmA2 legit? I heard that non-legal versions start to lose performance and have strange visual effects over time, subtly, rather than just stop working.

But then I hardly see how extra smoke out of the gun barrel would deliver the ultimate "Take that!" the developers were hoping for, so its probably something else.

I would say your the one that has not shot a rifle. My M4 has never put out smoke like that, maybe if you buy some crap ammo. I even bought ammo from the gun range and have not seen any thing like that much smoke

2589cex.jpg

Like I said earlier, you ever shot reloads? That's some dirty shit

2589cex.jpg

I served in the army for a bit, so yeah, I've shot a rifle (Though it was a short M16A1 CQC in my case).

Edited by krtshv

Maybe I just never noticed the difference but I thought all the smoke effects from weapons was the same per shot even the hatchet.

could you guys test something for me in dayz and post videos or screenshots along with it. Shoot a few times inside a forest with any rifle, then shoot it in an open field to compare.

All rifles at least have little puffs, but not that extreme as in your video, it seems to be some graphics setting or your video card driver settings that mess things up.

looks like the smoke was added in latest 1.61 beta patch, and it being a release candidate i am very disappointed with the direction they took to say the least.