Prepare for the hate.

Nice boobs btw.

Edited by opeth
  • Like 3

Hey guys just want to know what you guys would like to see as an "endgame" in DayZ.

:beans: :emptycan:

*Reloads his sniper* The hunt. :3 Or did you mean new content?

There should be raids, like an endgame big ass mega hardcore badassery zombie boss who spawns adds from time to time requiring medics to fill their inventory with bloodbags and bandages. Also the boss is immune to the hatchet.

• Like 2

There are two 'endgames' to DayZ - you die now, or you die later.

Really, that's how it should be. There are no 'boss battles', no story modes, no scripted sequences for a reason - YOU make the story. It's not an arcade game, it's not going to reward you for looting loads of items any further than *having* those items.

I love that the game doesn't spoon-feed you 'achievements' and bonuses all over the place, its a return to what gaming should be - enjoyment of the game, not of something flashy and and 'ending' to pat you on the back and say "well done".

I don't really like the idea of an "endgame" I'd much prefer that instead of working on the endgame Rocket just makes the journey to be the guy with all of the best gear and best chance of surviving a lot longer. After all, the journey to get good gear is more interesting than having good gear.

if by end game you mean release features/mechanics:

complex and authentic animal hunting in the woods. tracking, using deer calls, doe urine, things like that.

maybe more dangerous animals like mountain lions, bears, etc.

perhaps some wandering groups of zeds in the woods... generally i'd like to see the wilderness get filled in a bit more.

ability to construct fortified encampments or shantytowns or something like that would be cool, maybe with mounted guns for defense.

having the possibility to clear out towns, and then maybe have said towns come under siege from infected hordes occasionally.

harsher environmental and medical conditions.

psychological effects from stress, horror.

• Like 3

Thats why you shouldnt respond to this thread, im not asking what the game currently is im just asking people to say what they would like to see. If its gonna be put into the game or not doesn't matter.

I just love reading and dreaming about what could have been...

Shut the fuck up. You're telling people who oppose your ideas to not post? You want to turn this game into some arcade shooter with zombie bosses and big battles. That's not what this game is... AT ALL. So get the fuck out of this community.

• Like 1

Couple of things I'd like to see.

More defensible constructions and the ability to fortify buildings/sites which actually keeps Zeds out.

Changes to Zed AI spawn algorithm which changes the size of spawns randomly to ensure its not just...you showed up so here be zombies.

Working Ghillie Suits/Camo Suits (bugged) and some other considerations in regards to military/para-military grade ballistic resistance gear which helps surviving for a few more seconds possibly.

Some kind of incentive to survive...cause there really isn't one....death is so cheap in DayZ that no one cares that they die, losing gear doesn't matter much, overall. And even though you've "died" permanently, starting a new character is as easy as clicking a button...so, why care about dying? Thats really the crux of things with DayZ....death is certain, and it has no teeth...so no one cares to even really bother to survive.

Edited by semipr0
  • Like 2

Changes to Zed AI spawn algorithm which changes the size of spawns randomly to ensure its not just...you showed up so here be zombies.

along the lines of this thought (maybe) i've been wondering how an ever increasing spawn radius mechanic might work... like say for example you go to cherno, the game sets a limit to the number of zombies it will spawn within a 50 meter radius once you cross a predefined border then begins spawning those zombies say for example 20 at a time, then once all those spawns have been killed it moves to a wider circle and then spawns a lesser amount that wander towards the town until that max is spent, and then the circle widens again and so on until you have a manageable trickle of zombies wandering towards the town. randomizing it occasionally would be pretty awesome.

Edited by p1n34l

Shut the fuck up. You're telling people who oppose your ideas to not post? You want to turn this game into some arcade shooter with zombie bosses and big battles. That's not what this game is... AT ALL. So get the fuck out of this community.

Actually she's trying to turn it into a MMORPG douchebag, you know like Raids and stuff.

@bdthemag

Actually for me, the surviving with the good gear is more of a challenge, and more of a journey for me, cuz with good equipment we are just wearing bullseyes on our backs.

As for "Endgame" stuff I'd like to see some sort of a crafting system implemented. You collect the materials and you can make cool stuff with them. I can think of a million neat uses of all the junk we find in the game already. Of course we'd need an item ingame called Duct-Tape as it's the building block of everything jury-rigged > :D

Edited by Foxd1e

along the lines of this thought (maybe) i've been wondering how an ever increasing spawn radius mechanic might work... like say for example you go to cherno, the game sets a limit to the number of zombies it will spawn within a 50 meter radius once you cross a predefined border then begins spawning those zombies say for example 20 at a time, then once all those spawns have been killed it moves to a wider circle and then spawns a lesser amount that wander towards the town until that max is spent, and then the circle widens again and so on until you have a manageable trickle of zombies wandering towards the town. randomizing it occasionally would be pretty awesome.

Scalability to radius size would create a nice variance on zed threat level depending on the size of the area. The larger the trigger radius, the larger the spawn, and I wouldn't widen, I'd contract, so you can...eventually, say, whittle down all the walking dead in an area after several waves, then have the original radius reset after a random timer. This would create better "zombie hordes" than the current method of AI spawn management.

Why would you need an Endgame? This is not some kind of MMORPG where after you leveld up and did all the quests you get a bunch of daily tasks to keep you playing and thus paying.

They could add events tho......

Like for example some kind of arena... for instance, using Devil's Castle.

It would be something like, ppl who wanted to participate would have to go to Devil's Castle.

There would be a limit of players, like 10 or 15, selected from order of arrival or randomly, i don't know...

Then there would be a perimiter around the castle so that once the players are inside, they can't get out.. or the zombies...

Players would be teleported (if possible) inside the perimiter and then zombies would spawn constantly for a period of time...

Murders wouldn't be allowed, as the event would be supervised by an Admin.

Zombies would have a variety of good loots...

The players who could survive the event and get some good items would then be teleported to a random location to avoid being killed right after the event...

.... Yeah, i think that would be a pretty good event :DD

But endgame would be a little too mainstream :)

Edited by EvoX

I'll give you guys one example of my crafting idea in Day Z. I think it would really fit in a Zombie Apocalypse scenario. People don't have the luxury of buying stuff to serve a purpose anymore, they either have to survive without it, or make it themselves out of odds & ends.

Anyways usually when we are all set with guns we find a million extra guns we can't even pick up, what if we could turn that extra gun into a trap? Say you want to fortify a building that you are sniping in and you don't want some dude sneaking up on you, you tie a peice of string to the trigger, position the gun in some sort of custom mount(scrap metal) and run that string along the door. Someone walks in and BAM. If anyone's played Fallout 3 or New Vegas I am sure they are familiar with the Shotgun Traps like this and how brutal they can be. In that game you can either disarm them or jump over them. In Day Z, since we can't jump, disarming would be the only option to diffuse it, for the more wary players. Now I know someone will say the game engine can't simulate that due to limitations... I know I was just using my imagination to flesh out the situation, obviously for these traps to work ingame they could only be placed in doorways, and they are always set up the same, gun in a certain spot and string along the doorway like a makeshift tripwire. Then players will always be wary when entering a building instead of ramboing in.

Also I think they could flesh out the world a little more. Add some random encounters. Crashed Helis are a nice touch, but they could do so much more then that. Like maybe a few spread out crazed AI survivors that shoot on sight, but you have a chance of getting their gun when they die, or maybe there is this random friendly AI survivor out in the wilderness sniping zombies, and he will trade you beans for ammo, or you can kill him and take the beans and maybe his gun if it's lucky enough to be in the loot. Or maybe you are walking down a random road and you see a burning truck speeding away from zombies, and a few miles down the road it crashes and the AI survivor gets out and runs for his life before the zombies over take him and he's lunch. Now you have a nice truck to fix up if you have the tools. Just random stuff to spice it up a little while still keeping the story in players hands.

Edited by Foxd1e

I think people are giving the OP a bit too much hell for using the word "end game", how about we all just agree what they mean is a deep enough sandbox content base to provide a consistent reason to play and let it go at that?

Its a perma-death sandbox with infinite do overs, so there is no end game, but as I posted in my thoughts on it, that doesn't mean there shouldn't be more incentive to survive.

So far DayZ seems to be a suicide simulator, you're either committing suicide by over-estimating your chances of getting some supplies you need, or under-estimating the depths of evil of other individuals on the internet....any way you cut it, its a suicide simulator.

Incentive to survive is key. DayZ doesn't have that, and pretty much all the sandbox expansionary content in the world doesn't matter in an environment where its essentially more fun to see how many people you can off with a hatchet before you get your head chewed off by a zed or you get shot down in the process.

Edited by semipr0
  • Like 1

Scalability to radius size would create a nice variance on zed threat level depending on the size of the area. The larger the trigger radius, the larger the spawn, and I wouldn't widen, I'd contract, so you can...eventually, say, whittle down all the walking dead in an area after several waves, then have the original radius reset after a random timer. This would create better "zombie hordes" than the current method of AI spawn management.

interesting. i was thinking widening it due to population density and having horde size and spawn rates reflect said population density. meaning you'd have the most zombies and densest spawns at the outset and then have it dwindle outward, with zombies wandering in from the outskirts afterwards under the assumption that you'd have made a lot of noise taking out, say 500 zombies. adding your randomization to this would be fantastic too, would make it so you could suddenly have huge hordes coming at you from the woods.

any "conventional sense" of end game needs to be thrown out the window

it would have to make sense based on the fundamental aspect of this game