phisher34

Ghillie suits are not fixed in 1.7.2.3 (Confirmed by multiple people)

I'm not having this issue, using ghillie suit, 1.7.2.3 and latest beta patch.

Tried a couple different servers, progress saved on all of them.

The fix would come from the Hive, Im wondering if they fixed it already?

Been running around with my ghillie on. Hit up like 5 deer stands and ran a total of 5km.

Logged to a new server to play with friends. Complete rollback.

I will try and play without ghille and post results

I put on camo right after 1.7.2.3 came out to see if it worked and everything was ok, then logged out. Just logged in and my camo is gone AND MY FULL Coyote Backpack, sorry not a happy camper right now.

Edited by Cort

I put on camo right after 1.7.2.3 came out to see if it worked and everything was ok, then logged out. Just logged in and my camo is gone AND MY FULL Coyote Backpack, sorry not a happy camper right now.

Is this....is this a pun?

I've currently only been playing 1.7.1.5 and have a ghillie suit... I would be interested to know what would happen if I were to update to 1.7.2.3

I also would like to know what happens if i log in if i was wearing a ghillie suit in 1.7.1.5.

Can't confirm this. I switched between 3 different servers today. Changed clothing to a ghillie on the first one. Progress has been saved over the past hours. Nothing wrong here.

Every server was on 1.7.2.3/94876

Ghillie suit and L85A2 AWS were both fixed completely for me on this patch. I am running 1.7.2.3/94876. My progress saves just fine. I still have all my zombie kills and gear every time I log on and off.

The hotfix worked for me. I had my ghillie suit (that I stole from a dude's tent that I randomly came across) in my inventory since 1.7.2 (about a week ago), I put it on after upgrading from 1.7.2 to 1.7.2.3 and had no problems at all during my multiple hours of gameplay.

I heard that people who used the 1.7.2.2 patch leak had issues.

Edited by L33tmoaf

I can not load into any server as I get stuck on "Loading". I get to the games lobby, through character creation, and then it stays on loading.

I am running 1.7.2.3 with 94876 patch. I did the following:

• Re-installed Arma2, Arma2: Op. Arrow.
  • Re-installed beta patch (94876, pertinent to most servers at the moment)
  • Replaced Arma2.exe with patch exe
  • Modified launch paramteres with: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz
  • Deleted "beta" folder in "expansions" before each reinstallation of the beta (i tried downloading the beta patch several times from different mirrors)
  • Verified my versions match servers
  • Re-installed Six Launcher and Worrom
  • Tried launching with Six Launcher and Worrom and normally through Steam
  • Restarted router/modem
  • Verified firewalls were down and possible ports
  • I have tried 12 servers and got the same issue. Also, someone else in my house on the same router and setup is running perfectly fine.
  • I have waited at this screen for as long as 40 minutes

The only suspicion I have is that I had camo clothing in my inventory and I understand it is tied to some significant bugs.

It seems that I can eventually load into the rare server. However, if I disconnect and reconnect, my location is saved, but not my inventory. For example, I would log in and move to a pine tree and move some of my cokes into my bag. But, when I log back in, I am still at the pine tree but my inventory acts as though I did not move anything (my cokes are still in my immediate inventory). Also, my debug stats remain intact.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

What we have found is you will be able to change your clothing and run around just fine. However, your character will not save after logging in and out, you will be reverted back to your old spawn location with your old inventory and without camo/ghillie. Anything you do will not carry over.

Sounds like a griefer bandit's wet dream.

My character is female v.v

I was Stuck at Loading or waiting for host when i installed the Arma 2 beta patch 94945, then i patched it pack to 94876 and everything works wonders.

I guess it was the patch for me cuz now i can play again without problem, little to much aggro from zombies still but we just have to get use to it, all my DMR mags also disappeared once but i had more in my backpack, just hope it wont happen again.

tested with 4 people. works flawlessly

• Like 1

Not sure if the newset patch was released already but yesterday I found silenced M4 and a guilly at NW airport at the same loot spawn and lost everything I had the moment later after putting it on. If 1.7.2.3 was released soon after than I'm very unlucky guy. :)

Not sure if the newset patch was released already but yesterday I found silenced M4 and a guilly at NW airport at the same loot spawn and lost everything I had the moment later after putting it on. If 1.7.2.3 was released soon after than I'm very unlucky guy. :)

yeah bad streak of luck mate.

I have the ghillie on me as we speak - well I'll log in a moment to make sure it saved - but me and my squad all put the ghillies on and we did not get teleported to waterland. I was the first one to try this since everyone was too chicken (after we all upgraded to 94876 and 1.7.2.3) and yes it works. I even tried it on 1.7.2.2 for a brief second before the servers went down again and that worked too. Make sure the server is running 1.7.2.3 otherwise you might get owned :/

• Like 1

This thread is going from "DO NOT WEAR" to "It works fine". As i understand the server needs to be on a good hive version and you can wear any alternative clothing just fine.

How do you check the hive version?

I've been logging in and out since we updated the server last night, in my ghille suit. no problems. still exactly where I was. in my suit. nothing missing. I think it's just you guys.

It's been confirmed (I believe) that if the server is running an old hive version, the issue is still there. If the server is running the latest hive version, it works fine.

Seems my Ghillie is removed from my bag.. <_<

Ran into an interesting glitch today with my M107. I had 3 mags on me at the time, since that's pretty much all I'd ever need, and the server had crashed. When I came back in, my gun was loaded and had 14 available rounds in the magazine, even though it's a 10 round capacity magazine. I tested this, since I had plenty of mags back at camp anyway, on a low population server in a very rural area with no zeds, etc. It let me fire off 14 rounds before I had to reload, and then each magazine afterwords had the proper 10 rounds in it. Weird. I know it has nothing to do with ghillies but thought i'd mention it. Also, thank god I came across this post. I found a Ghillie suit on a body, since I imagine the guy was holding onto it. And I was just about to put it on since I had heard it was fixed and I thought to myself "You know what, I'm not going to take a chance. When I see confirmed proof, with videos to back it up, I'll equip it. I can wait." Thank god I did. I don't want to deal with that shit.

Friend had camo clothing on and died. While attempting to search his gear to scavenge anything for him my game would crash.

Tested 3-4 times.

100% of the time it would crash.

My backpack also vanished upon returning.

Fixed after server restart.

Anyone else confirm trying to loot people with camo that they crash?

It's kinda funny to read about new bugs each version, it's like you have to survive bugs just as well as other more gameplay related hazards such as zombies or other people.

DayZ - Rock(et) on!