Sign in to follow this  
enforcer1975

Players going insane on too many player kills

What would you people think happens if a normal person starts killing? Some might not be touched by it ( at first ) but some day it would really bother you won't it? Why do soldiers recieve mental and physical aid after and during to war?

So why have a player who kills the first time have side effects from it ( use your imagination ), the second and third kill might bring him down a bit...but the more he kills the more side effect he gets ( not permanent but sporadic ), more kills and he gets delusional with side effects such as insane laughter and sudden uncontrolable moves and maybe he even fires his weapon one or two times and one day he just pops himself because he can't take it anymore...

You two cents.

• Like 1

Sounds like a carebear way of keeping bandits down. Been in the military my self, didn't bother me to much. Active recon spotter.

Sounds like a carebear way of keeping bandits down. Been in the military my self, didn't bother me to much. Active recon spotter.

Quite a talk, i bet it does. Oh well we are in the internet...

People creating fix PvP threads need to be auto-killed upon log in. Only reliable way of stopping these.

Actually, there is some sense to this. I think it would be cool to have some "side-effects" for killing your first guy or something like that. Unless the players' character is trained to kill, it should have some effect when you shoot someone. Let's be honest: how many of Dayz players have ever actually shot a person irl? I guess not many. If you shoot someone, I believe you would get maybe hands shaking, sweat, a HUGE adrenaline rush etc.

This is no urgent matter, but would be something cool to add. Of course this is only a rough suggestion, and would need a lot of working on.

I believe you would get maybe hands shaking, sweat, a HUGE adrenaline rush etc.

Pay attention closely next time you kill someone, they actauly do shake quiet abit.

Pay attention closely next time you kill someone, they actauly do shake quiet abit.

Lol, haven't even noticed.

Lol, haven't even noticed.

Probably becuase you have that "Just killed someone" high, and your reacting fast enough to get past it.

This idea is terrible, I sincerely hope people stop suggesting ways to punish certain playstyles. I mean, I don't even play bandit and I think this is stupid.

When you kill a few zombies, regardless of inflicted injury, your character starts huffing and hyperventilating for a bit. If this could be hear within a certain range for both players and zombies, it gives you something to think about when you do this, that you may be discovered. This happens I think (the erratic character breathing) because it's intense, and you could've just died. Same with players, only you killed another survivor like yourself. So the more intense it gets upon the resolution, the more freaked out your player will be. He doesn't have to be fumbling around and going crazy, but sure as hell he's freaked out. That's all it needs to be, breathing a bit scared. You have to carry on no matter what.

Edited by OW22

Finally some ppl with reason and not just omg don't take my bandit cookies from me.

I was also refering to the excitement when the effects of adrenalin starts to kick in. I never killed someone and i hope it stays that way, i'd never want to trade places with a person who has to do it day by day.

You can also get quite excited while playing though it might be a different kind of excitement like fear for your virtual life or an intense clanwar. I heard my clanmates saying their hands are shaking or they had sweaty hands when we were about to start the fight for 1st place in an ArmA cup. Even i felt dizzy that moment until the game started...

The only way to deal with banditry is to form groups of vigilantes, hunt their asses down and hand them back to them.

Nah. My guy is a spetsnaz, he doesn't feel any after affects :D

Maybe not things that punish the player, some side effects which both lower and buff the performence of the killer.

For example: hands slightly shaking, but due to the adrenaline rush you reload/swing faster

.I'd love to see things done with sanity though.

Maybe if the character has suffered starvation multiple times, he/she can start feasting on dead survivors at the risk of catching an infection.

Things like this will create a story behind your character and his or her traits shall reflect the life they lead in the zombie apocalypse.

And if these "Traits" add a visual effect aswell that would be great.

Everything should have both a minus and a plus

Maybe not things that punish the player, some side effects which both lower and buff the performence of the killer.

For example: hands slightly shaking, but due to the adrenaline rush you reload/swing faster

Maybe if the character has suffered starvation multiple times, he/she can start feasting on dead survivors at the risk of catching an infection.

Things like this will create a story behind your character and his or her traits shall reflect the life they lead in the zombie apocalypse.

If you eat human meat you will get the shakes. No personal experience, but it happens.

Cannibalism would outlaw the game is certain countries from what I understand.

Certain individuals can kill without the mental punishment that the bulk of us would have to deal with afterwards, I know its always bandied about that humans are the worlds biggest predators etc etc.....but it is not normal to kill without remorse or effect to the majority of humans.

I am not saying its abnormal to be as such, maybe those indivduals are exceptional and its the rest of us who are not up to standard.

Either way, killing another does have effects...but these tend to really develop years if not decades after the conflict. I work with people who are of this mindset and in day to day life it does not maifest in a problematic way, If talking about an area of the world we worked in...I might be talking about an old story about getting shot at from some Bosnians on a convoy...they might chip in about actually shooting those same Bosnians/Coations/Serbians/Muslims.

Its just an aspect of the job, and I have only met a couple of people who I would class as freaks and relish this kind of work. They were unpleasent to be around and seemed to be actively trying to be so.Quite simply they got off on their own " awesomness " to use an American expression and I quite easily imagine that this is the kind of unthinking viloence that people are alluding to in this mod.

Such individuals were tolerated at best and stayed in their own " awesomness " little club while the rest of us effectively blanked them and got on with our own work to try and actually achieve something.

Hear me out guys lets ... distord our friend's suggestion.

How about once freshly spawned, your first kill throw you in a shaky panic, but as you kill more and more (zombies and players alike) you feel less and less side effects because guess what? Past the discovery of your ability to end the life of a (un)living being, you simply get used to it.

• Like 1

This idea is terrible, I sincerely hope people stop suggesting ways to punish certain playstyles. I mean, I don't even play bandit and I think this is stupid.

When will you people get it. There are no "certain playstyles" there is one playstyle. The gamemode this game currently supports. "Free for all deathmach unless you know the guy". That's the only viable "playstyle" at the moment and either you follow it or you die continuously.

There needs to be some sort of disadvantage to killing on sight because that's the safest but the least humane way of surviving. That would create two groups. Those who don't want to deal with it and kill people and those who do. Right now there are bandits or dead people, not bandits or survivors.

Edited by SillySil

Maby we can punish zombies if they chase us.

Or we can fly away with our ROFLcopter ,....

If im not mistaken this gameplay is part of the game survive against players and zombies.

It would be verry borring just run from zombies whole the time and find great loot that u can't u against players.

When will you people get it. There are no "certain playstyles" there is one playstyle. The gamemode this game currently supports. "Free for all deathmach unless you know the guy". That's the only viable "playstyle" at the moment and either you follow it or you die continuously.

There needs to be some sort of disadvantage to killing on sight because that's the safest but the least humane way of surviving. That would create two groups. Those who don't want to deal with it and kill people and those who do. Right now there are bandits or dead people, not bandits or survivors.

Great, give me one good reason, in the absense of law and order for someone not to kill you if they already have friends they can rely on and just stumbled on you, random joe?

Should they take the insane risk to trust you (you could be a convict, planning to steal from them, a rapist, a pedophile, hell it's even worse if they are protecting kids) or should they simple put a cap in your head, just to be safe?

• Like 1

i'd feel worse for killing a bunch of zombies before i feel bad for killing any of the players who would have shot me had i not killed them

Great, give me one good reason, in the absense of law and order for someone not to kill you if they already have friends they can rely on and just stumbled on you, random joe?

If law is the only thing stopping you from murdering everyone on sight seek help immediately.

Should they take the insane risk to trust you (you could be a convict, planning to steal from them, a rapist, a pedophile, hell it's even worse if they are protecting kids) or should they simple put a cap in your head, just to be safe?

Murdering everyone you see without them posing any threat to you and trusting everyone completely are not the only two options. Is your brain binary or something?