Sign in to follow this  
TiredEthan

1.7.2.3 - stuck on "wait for host"

If you even find a server that's updated and not full, you get stuck on the "wait for host" screen

I had a similar issue, what I did is go into Arma II and into the multiplayer and mine was set to LAN instead of internet, I suggest looking into that.

i too am on wait for host right now, my files and arma 2 beta are up to date, same with the server, and its on wait for host for 10 minutes now...

edit: i can see people getting "killed" in text notification, why are others playing and not me? weird... using beta 94945

Edited by A.Jones

Been trying to get into a game across multiple servers for the better part of half an hour now.

Get stuck on the 'Wait for Host' screen every time with no progress. Any fix in sight?

im gonna have a st ab in the dark and blame the arma 2 beta 94945, i reverted my day z files to 1.7.2 which was working 30 mins before i updated, back on the old day z files im still on stuck waiting for host...

unfortunately i dont think you can revert arma 2 beta patches..

so yea.. my fault for not backing up the arma 2 files to test my theory

Edited by A.Jones

I've only seen a couple of servers updated with 94945. Most of the servers are hosting out-of-date beta patches, which might be why we cant ever get past "Wait for Host"

I have this same problem too, I have the 1.7.2.3 patch with the latest Arma 2 Beta Patch 94945.

When I refresh the server list, 80% of them are red x's which I see they are not updated with correct Dayz patch. But when I find ones that are 1.7.2.3 and try to join it goes straight to Wait for Host and that is it. If I join a server with same 1.7.2.3 patch and a different Arma 2 beta patch same problem...supposed to be backwards compatible right?

I thought they were backwards compatible, but when it updated to 1.61 I think that went out the window.

i have the same exact problem, ive tried joining multiple servers on version 94945 and the last couple of beta versions as well. there is nothing that gets me past Wait For Host...

Okay, I have heard what you can do is get your beta folder and delete it and then download the previous patch and replace it, I'm thinking about trying it.

Okay, I have heard what you can do is get your beta folder and delete it and then download the previous patch and replace it, I'm thinking about trying it.

This bug happens along when you install the latest beta patch, revert to 94876 here install the exe and it will overwrite the beta patch you have and **SHOULD** work. If not, post and we'll figure it out.

Im using 94876 and I am getting this issue, so I don't know what else to do...

WHy does the arma beta patch website ask me for a password when I try to download the 94876?

On every server I've tried, it says "Wait for Host". I can see MOTD info on each server, and i can also see who is being killed while I'm connected, but the screen stays back with the wait for host message. I have gone as far as completely deleting all game files and reinstalling arma II & Operation Arrow Head & the DayZ Mod as well. Still the same issue. The last place I was when I logged out was at the NW airfield in the middle of the grass between the runways Looting a Downed chopper. Then the server had a reset while I was there. That was 5 Days ago now. I did get in for a second yesterday on a 1.7.1.5 server but it was telling me to create a new character.

Anyone have any ideas?

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?: Beta Patch: 94945

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file: Steam

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible: The problem is simply that I am stuck at the "Waiting for Host" screen indefinately

*Your PC specs: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz / 4gigs of ram / geforce GTX 560 /

*Your Operating System: windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

*My Launch command line in steam: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash

Edited by adcamo