rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

Some people say ghillie suites don't spawn anymore in game. Can someone confirm this please?

I've posted this several times over the past couple of days but: They do not spawn period. They are no longer in ANY loot table in the 1.7.2.3 version. I have confirmed this by searching for both the sniper and camo skin, 0 results. Where as 1.7.1.5 has it in heli crash, residential etc.

Pressing question: any servers out there NOT currently being "hacked" in some way?

I haven't even seen one yet. and I haven't seen a toolbox in a long time

I saw a toolbox today in fact ... no bear traps mind.

Joe

So uh, will we see a fix for the temperature? Currently it always stays at 42C unless it's raining and then it will drop down or you're swimming, but according to the variables.sqf file in dayz_code.pbo the normal should be 36, so why are we constantly at 42C? I thought there was a mention somewhere that this was fixed in a previous version?

//temperature variables

dayz_temperatur = 36; //TeeChange

dayz_temperaturnormal = 36; //TeeChange

dayz_temperaturmax = 42; //TeeChange

dayz_temperaturmin = 27; //TeeChange

I've been on two NL servers, but even direct chat was not working (text or voice neither)..... does any server now have any chat? It's now a just 100% pvp coz u can't communicate with other players, only with ur mates in TS or Skype.....

So err... When is the next patch due? Im tired of Alt+F4 faglets and Rocket mentioned that the first iteration of how to combat that is coming in the next patch. Also, where are my GHILLIES!?

Grat work so far Rocket, really enjoying your work.

So err... When is the next patch due? Im tired of Alt+F4 faglets and Rocket mentioned that the first iteration of how to combat that is coming in the next patch. Also, where are my GHILLIES!?

Grat work so far Rocket, really enjoying your work.

i think somewhere this upcomming week. cant wait.

• You can pitch a tent inside rock.
  • No Ghillies or Camo's spawning, but still people have them and get them from their old tents. Because every time server resets, tents are back with everything in it. Even if the tent was destroyed.
  • Loosing your not full mag on disconnect was better then getting full mag every time you rejoin. Now you have unlimited ammo.
  • Rare items are not so rare as people know where there are tent's that give you all your high end gear back if you died and lost them.
  • Zombies are way too easy
  • Temperature is pointless (does it ever drop?)
  • You can fix your bicycle by geting out and hop back on

Only challenge atm is not to get killed by another player. I mean shit, there's no point even go hunt people's "base's" because if you destroy their vehicles and tents they just get them back after server restart.

• You can pitch a tent inside rock.
  • No Ghillies or Camo's spawning, but still people have them and get them from their old tents. Because every time server resets, tents are back with everything in it. Even if the tent was destroyed.
  • Loosing your not full mag on disconnect was better then getting full mag every time you rejoin. Now you have unlimited ammo.
  • Rare items are not so rare as people know where there are tent's that give you all your high end gear back if you died and lost them.
  • Zombies are way too easy
  • You can fix your bicycle by geting out and hop back on

Only challenge atm is not to get killed by another player. I mean shit, there's no point even go hunt people's "base's" because if you destroy their vehicles and tents they just get them back after server restart.

Yep i agree that its in a pretty bad state right now.

But i think we just have to wait and see what the next patch brings. Because to be honest i dont think there is much Relevant data to gather at the moment. even though they mention the awsome data storing.

I think most of it is filled with noise data with all the bugs and unrealistic things happening with weapon duping and cheaters etc.

Thats probably why they havnt brought out small patches etc. because i think they want to have there mechanics SOLIDIFIED first so that they can start gathering some really good data.

Edited by GuitarPants

Check out this awesome weirdness.

4am PST last night we joined US 625 (or 652...), me and a friend decided to go kill snipers in Cherno. I took out 2 ourof 3 guys on that middle roof with a lee enfeild. I think I FAPsed it, have to check. Anyways, the third guy got me. Disconnect, disconnect, OK. The usual routine. I loaded in in less than 10 seconds! Not in Cherno though, so I respawned. 6 seconds later I'm in Kamenka. Respawned again. 6 second, maybe even less from the hitting OK and I'm in game ready to go. It was awesome. That is how it should be! But a very rare occurance. Soon after, we died in Cherno again and it took 5-10 min to get in.

Is the following bug already aknowledged by the devs ? -

When you drive a vehicle in a town with buildings in which equipment should spawn, then there is no spawn of equipment happening.

I tested this with many towns right after server reset - all buildings were empty. However, when u drive out of town and walk back in, then the equipment will spawn normally.

I believe this has to do with 1 of 2 things, or both.

1) In a vehicle, you enter the town much more quickly than on foot. Zombies and loot don't get a chance to spawn and you must be a certain distance away for loot to spawn, so once you drive into the town, it says "na dude, no loot for you, ou be too close". This is done to prevent people from hopping from server to server in high yield and military loot spawn areas and just taking everything.

2) Perhaps when you are in a vehicle, you are not really a player, or seen on the server as one. I noticed you have to get out of vehicles for zombs to spawn. I could be wrong as I didn't really test it.

Edited by DimaKarpa

Yes please! Fix the unlimited ammo bug. I do want to actually loose ammo. I can perfectly play a day with 3 dmr mags and don't loose any of them, because I never empty them. It makes my life way to easy in the game.

It really disstorts my gaming experience. I can't even remember how the game was without the bug.

• Like 1

to be honest, yesterday I got killed with ghillie, NVG, range finder and a m4a1CCOSD... and I dont even cared because all those items where found inside tents that were being used to duplicate items... finding those items was great but the day after fun was lost ... All these bugs should be fixed asap, they ruin the whole game ideia "survival" and not "memorize the tent where I found this or that"...

Also I seem to spawn briefly in some sort of Goat-Limbo. Looks like debug plains, but full of goats and pilot zombies. A second later I'm back at my last place. That and my camo-clothing disappeared.

Edited by Yeti

Working on 1.7.2.4

Includes a first cast attempt at fixing ALT-F4.

Frankly, and I know this has been covered a million times by everyone but I think that any form of punishment is a waste of time. Simply adding a 30 second despawn timer will sort out 99% of the problems people are encountering. You log out you get a 30 second countdown, if you move you break the countdown. If you Alt+F4 well you character is still sat there. Not a lot of people are going to do that when they could potentially catch a bullet.

My concern is that some punishment system is going to backfire and punish people with bad connections or whatever. Yes it's f@#king annoying when someone alt-f4's on you but I don't see the need for a heavy-handed approach - if a 30sec timer doesn't cure it then sure start getting the whip out. On Saturday night I must have joined 20 servers in 30 minutes as half of them were stating they were GMT-n yet when I got in they were pitch black. Then some wouldn't connect... some were laggy as hell. When I finally got on a decent server I had to deal with my broken leg caused by a bear-trap that we'd been playing with (it had been removed and didn't break my leg at the time).

Yeah it does at night and in the rain (especially at night and in the rain). But I seem to be nearly constantly running around at 42 degrees...which shouldn't I be dying of heatstroke at that point? I believe heatstroke starts at 40.6 degrees? But regardless; there's no ailments relating to temperature, lowest I've seen mine drop was to 34degrees.

Yeah it does at night and in the rain (especially at night and in the rain). But I seem to be nearly constantly running around at 42 degrees...which shouldn't I be dying of heatstroke at that point? I believe heatstroke starts at 40.6 degrees? But regardless; there's no ailments relating to temperature, lowest I've seen mine drop was to 34degrees.

also when you drive a boat, had that happen to me recently. dropped down to 29c at one point, had the shakes, needed antibiotics (which i randomly had), and a heat pack.

Some people say ghillie suites don't spawn anymore in game. Can someone confirm this please?

Ghillie suites are still in the game but only if they are stored in camps before the delete happened. We found a guys camp with 5 ghillie suites and 2 camo suites. If you store them, you have them and you can use them too. But they don't spawn.

Edited by meik0
  • Like 2

Ghillie suites are still in the game but only if they are stored in camps before the delete happened. We found a guys camp with 5 ghillie suites and 2 camo suites. If you store them, you have them and you can use them too. But they don't spawn.

Ah thanks, do you know why they are removed? Are they removed permament or just temporarily?

Ah thanks, do you know why they are removed? Are they removed permament or just temporarily?

They're semi-broken at the moment. Only people I know who have tried to wear in 1.7.2.3 either lost their backpacks as a result, or spawned on the coast.

I sometimes spawn and only find car-related stuff (jerrycans, wheels), backpacks and hatchets in every loot buildings. It looks like a mad mechanic/lumberjack/scout nightmare and I have to hit respawn to go back to normal. Am I the one having this bug?